Eduardo Charged

Not sure about this. OK blatant cheating needs to be eradicated, but what about dives elsewhere apart from the penalty area, will they be retrospectively charged ? What about whne the ref books someone for diving in the penalty area and it turns out it should have been a geuine penalty ? Does the ref get banned ? .

This could be a dangerous precedent -then again if UEFA lokk on Youtube and type in 'Gerrard Dives' -he would get a life ban........

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/8223917.stm

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UEFA are known for not being consistant. Look at when they punished Essien, they have not done something similar since. I think that blatant cheating like this should be punished, it does make it difficult in the future but still the right thing to have done.

Brilliant decision and i hope he gets banned for 3 games now too. I actually put that on my Facebook status as soon as he did it not realising that punishment actually can be done so that was cool lol. The video evidence clearly shows him cheating, he was going down all the time and its so good to see UEFA are finally doing something about it when it causes a moment in the match such as a penalty. Saw Wengers reaction on SSN, absolute disgrace the guy. The little respect i had for him has turned into no respect and my hate for Arsenal has got even bigger amazingly. Hope they get stuffed on Saturday, really hope they do.

• 3 weeks later...

"uefa have decided to lift the ban given to eduardo, and give frank lampard the two match ban for being too good"

hahaaha was gana say they're saving it for Drogba but wouldnt be surprised at that

The whole ban idea was stupid anyway as they rarley do ban divers....but even more so now been overturned..so it is ok to dive? Guess they dont wana upset Rafa if Gerrard ever dives

Edited by Laylabelle