blueboy9

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bhuvi may surprise you.

Pathan and Vinay Kumar are dead-weight though.

I really expect Bhuvi to do something in the conditions which should be tailor made for him!!

Bhuvi's good but he'll struggle if the batsmen go after him on a dead pitch like this one. Yadav's genuine pace will bail him out.

Way I see it, Pathan has no place. Bhuvi, Yadav, Ishant. What would your XI be?

Karthik, Dhavan, Kohli, Rohit, Raina, Dhoni, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Yadav, Ishant.

Bhuvi's good but he'll struggle if the batsmen go after him on a dead pitch like this one. Yadav's genuine pace will bail him out.

Karthik, Dhavan, Kohli, Rohit, Raina, Dhoni, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Yadav, Ishant.

Same as yours, may be push Rohit Sharma to open and DK in the middle order!!

Same XI. It's not like we're spoilt for choice :D

If it's a very green pitch I'd have Vinay in for Jadeja but Vijay and Pathan are essentially dead-wood

Wouldn't take much from this result. Though it's true that Aussies aren't as superior in ODIs as they used to be. Glad Yadav had the spell he did, because I think he's a genuine pace bowler and needs games like this to convince the Indian Selectors not to make him compromise his pace for swing.

I know we're technically "favourites", but I'm not too hopeful about India making it past the semi-finals.

Wouldn't take much from this result. Though it's true that Aussies aren't as superior in ODIs as they used to be. Glad Yadav had the spell he did, because I think he's a genuine pace bowler and needs games like this to convince the Indian Selectors not to make him compromise his pace for swing.

I know we're technically "favourites", but I'm not too hopeful about India making it past the semi-finals.

A lot depends on our match against South Africa now! If we win that, the team will have momentum having beaten Australia and SA in a matter of 2 days! It will be a huge morale booster and i would really fancy our chances then! This is an inexperienced but hungry squad!

What would your XI be?

From who we've taken, my starting XI would be:

Shikhar, Vijay, Kholi, Karthik, Raina, Dhoni, Jadeja, Mishra, Kumar, Yadav & Irfan.

I think Irfan should be there because of the swing he would be able to get from the left-arm angle and he knows how to swing the ball. Ishant is too hot/cold for a knock out competition, one match he'll be good the next he'll be rubbish. At the same time, I'm just not convinced Ashwin is doing well for India and his over all form isn't impressing me. Mishra's varations will be crucial.

Opening, I don't think Vijay should have ever been selected. Ghambir deserved a call and why he hasn't been taken, is beyond me. I see DK as more of a middle order batsman than an opener.

A lot depends on our match against South Africa now! If we win that, the team will have momentum having beaten Australia and SA in a matter of 2 days! It will be a huge morale booster and i would really fancy our chances then! This is an inexperienced but hungry squad!

It's true, but the environment of a warm-up game compared to an actual trophy game is completely different and I'm worried about complacency. The top order of our batting is of particular worry to me.

It's true, but the environment of a warm-up game compared to an actual trophy game is completely different and I'm worried about complacency. The top order of our batting is of particular worry to me.

Pujara's exclusion makes even less sense now. Vijay and Rohit are basically free wickets to the opposition

Pretty sure Dhoni will keep the complacency out of the team. Top order is worrisome! One of Kohli, MSD or DInesh Karthick(his form is a pleasant surprise) has to click in batting or we are screwed. Rohit Sharma and Raina inspire no confidence for me!

Pujara's exclusion makes even less sense now. Vijay and Rohit are basically free wickets to the opposition

And it's simply because of the stupidity of our selectors using the IPL as a basis for who will/won't do well in the IPL. It's also rather confusing. If it has been based on IPL then why is Vijay included and if it isn't, why isn't Ghambir? Ghambir still has an average touching 40.

Pretty sure Dhoni will keep the complacency out of the team. Top order is worrisome! One of Kohli, MSD or DInesh Karthick(his form is a pleasant surprise) has to click in batting or we are screwed. Rohit Sharma and Raina inspire no confidence for me!

Raina will surprise you, I think. An outstanding fielder and once he gets himself in, he's a big threat. I agree though, I think Yuvraj should've been in the squad and use him before Dhoni but I still don't count Raina out. He's got a big innings in him with the bat, but he needs to settle quicker.

And it's simply because of the stupidity of our selectors using the IPL as a basis for who will/won't do well in the IPL. It's also rather confusing. If it has been based on IPL then why is Vijay included and if it isn't, why isn't Ghambir? Ghambir still has an average touching 40.

Patience is key in the top order when the ball is moving about. Vijay should atleast the least protect his wicket and support Dhawan - who is better suited to the aggressor's role.

Raina is a great batsman to have at #5. I am more worried about Rohit. Always seems to take unnecessary risks too early in the innings.

Patience is key in the top order when the ball is moving about. Vijay should atleast the least protect his wicket and support Dhawan - who is better suited to the aggressor's role.

Raina is a great batsman to have at #5. I am more worried about Rohit. Always seems to take unnecessary risks too early in the innings.

It's because Rohit's a t20 player. I really thought he'd grab his chances in these warm up games but he's continuing a trend that's been growing for the last 2 years.. He's simply too quick to do things and not realizing the game is 30 overs more than his norm.

Raina will surprise you, I think. An outstanding fielder and once he gets himself in, he's a big threat. I agree though, I think Yuvraj should've been in the squad and use him before Dhoni but I still don't count Raina out. He's got a big innings in him with the bat, but he needs to settle quicker.

Yeah, Yuvi would have added steel and experience to the squad. The team is too fragile at the moment. I certainly hope Raina surprises me, he is an excellent fielder and a proper team man!! But his problem of facing Short pitch balls will expose him i think!

Yeah, Yuvi would have added steel and experience to the squad. The team is too fragile at the moment. I certainly hope Raina surprises me, he is an excellent fielder and a proper team man!! But his problem of facing Short pitch balls will expose him i think!

Oh lord, the infamous short-ball.... :cry: