OFFICIAL - PVA to Wigan on season-long loan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Newcastle would be a good loan move, provided he is first choice left back. A season in the prem would do him the world of good. I expect Bertrand to be kept on at Chelsea to try and fight for a place which is fair enough given his experience.

If memory serves me correct, he's already had one spell at Newcastle. Very successful and popular one (from what my Newcastle supporting friend told me), and now that they're in the premier league it would be a good loan move.

This would make him only a better player. He's yet no good enough to play as substitute to Ashley and yet too good to play for reserves. If he got starting place in Newcastle, this would be crucial for his career. Hope he developes. Now we've got Bertrand who is a perfect substitute and Zhirkov for midfield and left-back. With all those youngsters coming through our future looks really bright. Can't really think of any club other than us and Barca who in recent years produced so bright stars, let's hope they can live up to our expectations.

I also wasn't impressed by Bertrand. In my opinion van Aanholt is better than him.

Seems to be an opinion taken by many chelsea fans at the moment. Possibly based on the fact that PVA has played for our first team. Bertrand is a better left back than Van Aanholt at the moment. Bertrand is very much a young Ashley Cole and would be brilliant to be understudy to Cole this season, over a 100 league games under his belt experience isn't a problem either. Bertrand has been massively popular on every loan move he has made.

Guest THE BEAST

bertrand is way ahead of PVA atm . keep in mind that we have seen PVA just in reserves action and a couple of firs team games but betrand has a lot of league games under his belt so he is more expeienced , more composed , tougher and i think even faster than PVA . although i agree that PVA positioning might be better than bertrand

• 6 months later...

It would have been nicer for PVA to get a loan move to the prem.

Maybe they are giving Bertrand a go as Ash's understudy like they did with PVA.

Maybe they are.. but i'd of loved to see PVA loaned to a Premiership side. He's already proved how good he is at Championship standard.