Midfield and Attack

Alee.

Was just wondering about our midfield.

If we go like this:

................Essien............

Zhirkov.....Lampard.....Joey

........Anelka..Drogba.........

What happens to Deco, Malouda ?

If Deco really does get in form, and Malouda can pick up from last season, what do we do with them?

And in attack, do we have Pizzaro, Sheva, Kalou, DiSanto and Sturridge on the bench?

I reckon we can do with selling Pizzaro and Sheva, as much as i want to give Sheva another chance, it would kill match time for Sturridge and DiSanto.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An alternative approach should happen for the early stages of the FA Cup and League cup, like putting in Di santo and sturridge up-front and Kakuta and Sinclair as wingers (or something like that). Just to give them playing time.

I can only see the competition for places bringing the best out of the players. When Joe Cole returns, he'll be contending with both Zhrikov and Malouda for a place, and that should raise each players' game.

How is that? Joe Cole plays mostly on the Right wing where as Zirkov and Malouda are predominantly left wingers. I can see Sinclair competing for Right wing against Jo Cole.

How is that? Joe Cole plays mostly on the Right wing where as Zirkov and Malouda are predominantly left wingers. I can see Sinclair competing for Right wing against Jo Cole.

If we have just spent £18 million on a player who can only play on one wing, that's absolutely pathetic. It's not hard to swap flanks every now and again.

If we have just spent £18 million on a player who can only play on one wing, that's absolutely pathetic. It's not hard to swap flanks every now and again.

Well,I know it sounds pathetic, but Zirkov has never played on the right flank....Honestly speaking I feel he will be competing with Malouda on the left.

To be honest, our squad looks pretty fine and up for challenge for the next season.

Essien can always play as a RM or Sinclairr or Anelka... so its pretty fine there as well.

It seriously depends on what formation we are using. If we are seriously using diamond, I am kinda worried that it might not work out...

Anyway, I am happy that Sinclair managed to play in the pre-season, but it is disappointing that he was not instructed to run or pace through the right wing of the field.

I really don't think we do, when you consider the following:

GK: 1. Cech, 40. Hilario, 22. Turnbull

RB: 17. Bosingwa, 35. Belletti, 19. Ferreira, (5. Essien, 42. Mancienne, 2. Ivanovic)

CB: 26. Terry, 33. Alex, 2. Ivanovic, 6. Carvalho, 42. Mancienne, (5. Essien)

LB: 3. Ash Cole, 18. Zhirkov (17. Bosingwa, 19. Ferreira)

CDM: 5. Essien, 12. Mikel, (13. Ballack, 20. Deco, 42. Mancienne, 2. Ivanovic, 35. Belletti)

CAM: 5. Essien, 8. Lampard, 13. Ballack, 20. Deco (7. Shevchenko)

RW: 10. Cole, 21. Kalou, 16. Sinclair, (5. Essien, 35. Belletti)

LW: 18. Zhrikov, 15. Malouda

CF: 11. Drogba, 39. Anelka, 7. Shevchenko, 21. Kalou, 14. Pizarro, 23. Sturridge, 9. di Santo

The players in brackets are just possibilities for cover players when there are multiple injuries. I think we've really got our squad as strong as it can be. And there are young players like Mellis and Hutchinson who might make the first team come the start of the season.

Just looking at that it shows how much depth we now have, so I really dont think we need to bring in anyone, unless we offload a handfull of players, then maybe but I cant see too much happening until we sell first.