Giuseppe Rossi

the wes

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well now. Villarreal were relegated, and he is a class, class striker. We could get him for 10, 15 million tops- a second division club aren't in much of a position to bargain. He could be a revelation, especially at that price. It's the kind of transfer that Newcastle have made of late, cheap and intelligent. Now, he did bugger up his knee in April so he may miss the start of the season, but he's still young at 25 and I'm confident he can recover.

There is a very old article from January '11 where his agent said that Rossi would only leave for Barca, Madrid, Inter or Chelsea:

http://www.goal.com/...-barcelona-real

Well now. Villarreal were relegated, and he is a class, class striker. We could get him for 10, 15 million tops- a second division club aren't in much of a position to bargain. He could be a revelation, especially at that price. It's the kind of transfer that Newcastle have made of late, cheap and intelligent. Now, he did bugger up his knee in April so he may miss the start of the season, but he's still young at 25 and I'm confident he can recover.

There is a very old article from January '11 where his agent said that Rossi would only leave for Barca, Madrid, Inter or Chelsea:

http://www.goal.com/...-barcelona-real

First of all like you said, the article is old, but considering Villarreal were relegated, I'm sure he'd jump ship as soon as we offered a deal. Although, he's been Injury prone hasn't he? He is a good player but should be a backup if we miss out on the others. Actually I can see him going to Twattenham.

First of all like you said, the article is old, but considering Villarreal were relegated, I'm sure he'd jump ship as soon as we offered a deal. Although, he's been Injury prone hasn't he? He is a good player but should be a backup if we miss out on the others. Actually I can see him going to Twattenham.

No. He has never been an injury prone player. It's only this season he picked up a really serious injury in ACL.

I searched for it, I couldn't find anything :(

Anyway, can some Mod merge the two threads?

The other one is on Page 2. :P

I searched for it, I couldn't find anything :(

Anyway, can some Mod merge the two threads?

The search system is bollocks on this site. I can never ever find anything with it. Maybe I'm using it wrong? Probably.

Saw this on wikipedia: "An anterior cruciate ligament injury on Rossi's right knee that he picked up in the 3-0 loss against Real Madrid on 26 October 2011 will cause Rossi to be out for 6 months.[13] Rossi reinjured his anterior cruciate ligament of right knee in training on 13 April 2012 and will out for further 10 months"

Not worth the risk.

Two major ACL injuries in 2 seasons, no way. Already seen the devestating effect of returning injuries on one former world-class player, wouldn't risk it on another.

Saw this on wikipedia: "An anterior cruciate ligament injury on Rossi's right knee that he picked up in the 3-0 loss against Real Madrid on 26 October 2011 will cause Rossi to be out for 6 months.[13] Rossi reinjured his anterior cruciate ligament of right knee in training on 13 April 2012 and will out for further 10 months"

Not worth the risk.

Fair enough, but I still think, at a low price, he's worth a gamble.

Actually it is not worth the gamble, if he's going to be out for another 9 months. Then a further 2-3 months where he still won't be 100% fit and be at his best.

Don't think any team will buy him atm, he should stay at Villareal, and try to impress in the 2nd half of next season.

Actually it is not worth the gamble, if he's going to be out for another 9 months. Then a further 2-3 months where he still won't be 100% fit and be at his best.

Don't think any team will buy him atm, he should stay at Villareal, and try to impress in the 2nd half of next season.

Sadly, think that might be the case. Shame. Was hoping that we go for him in the summer.

Missed that part :blush:

Fair enough, but I still think, at a low price, he's worth a gamble.

Fair point, if he's available for say 10 million, we could do worse than sign him.

Agree with Sheva.

Even if it was as low as £5m I'd say no. Simply because we shouldn't look for players like this because we have a gut-feeling they'll bounce back after these injuries. Even though there have been documented cases of players returning from ACL's to full competitiveness (I hope), the pressure that comes with playing for Chelsea will be too great for someone who's endured so much this year.

I refer to Sloth's argument in the Marin-thread about the fact we shouldn't buy players for the sake of them being "just" £10m. Even if these sums are low (relatively) in today's football market it's still £10,000,000. We should do everything to try and stay in touch with financial stability and spending £10m on a player like this isn't the right gamble because if he can't return to sharp form we'll have to seek another striker, while retaining Rossi on our wage bill.

It's a cynical view I've just taken, but it's also logical.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You