Adebayor joins Citeh

the wes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.independent.ie/topics/Arsene+Wenger

ARSENE WENGER has offered Chelsea significant encouragement over Emmanuel Adebayor by admitting that he would be willing to sell one of his players to another of the 'Big Four' clubs.

The Arsenal manager was also reluctant yesterday to explain his plans for Adebayor next season. He has previously admitted that the uncertainty which surrounded the forward last summer contributed to the club's poor start.

"I don't want to go especially into any individual assessment of who we want to keep and who not at the moment and normally Adebayor is part of our plans for the future," said Wenger. "And, if I feel that a player should go, or could go, why not sell him to one of the other top four? It's unusual, but we sold Ashley Cole to Chelsea and we bought William Gallas so you can never say I never do it because I've already done it."

AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti is being lined up to take over at Chelsea and it is understood that he singled out Adebayor as his preferred potential replacement for Didier Drogba.

beyonce

Ancelotti also tried to sign Adebayor for AC Milan last summer, with the player describing it as "like a boy being told Beyonce is looking for them". Although Adebayor said that he was "100pc" staying at Arsenal in the aftermath of the Champions League semi-final, Wenger relegated him to a place among the substitutes in the next match against Chelsea. When he did come on, he was booed by some supporters.

"I believe he has been disturbed at the start (of the season) by a little bit of bad feeling from the fans because he was close to leaving the club," said Wenger. Asked if he felt he should have sold Adebayor, Wenger said: "In this path you're always in a very delicate position.

"I cannot tell you all the truth, what happened behind the scenes, and secondly, when you want to keep the players, you keep the players, you do not really look at how much money you get."

What pisses me off, is that there's a massive possibility of signing a player like Carlos Tevez from Man United, as a free agent, but we're more interested on signing Adebayor.... Chelsea's board is a joke!

Although I dont deny the fact that the board is a joke, i feel adebayooooooor is Ancellotti's choice more than the board.

I just hope we buy players who gives it everything on the field. eg: Tevez

What pisses me off, is that there's a massive possibility of signing a player like Carlos Tevez from Man United, as a free agent, but we're more interested on signing Adebayor.... Chelsea's board is a joke!

Tevez won't come as a free agent, he is still owned by MSI.. If Manutd decided not to go for him, he'd be offered at around the same price he was offered to Manu, i.e. 30 Million pounds.. may be a few million less, but not much cause Manu would then like to get involved too..

The Adebayor talk is media crap, why point fingers at our own becuase media can't cook up better stories..

Although I dont deny the fact that the board is a joke, i feel adebayooooooor is Ancellotti's choice more than the board.

I just hope we buy players who gives it everything on the field. eg: Tevez

Why do feel like our board is a joke? Carlo Ancellotti is not the Chelse amanager, nor does he have anything to do with Chelsea so how can he decide who we sign?

Would much rather we keep Drogba, he is far a better player and he still has so much to offer, especially in the big games. Id rather we spend the money on a high class wide player like Ribery.

Why do feel like our board is a joke? Carlo Ancellotti is not the Chelse amanager, nor does he have anything to do with Chelsea so how can he decide who we sign?

Would much rather we keep Drogba, he is far a better player and he still has so much to offer, especially in the big games. Id rather we spend the money on a high class wide player like Ribery.

The Club is a joke cus they sack the best manager in the world and are now in a situation where there arent many class managers left. All of a sudden they seem to be pleading for Ancelotti, cus if he doesnt join us, we would be fucked for another year.

Although Ancelotti hasnt joined us, he will let the board know who he wants in his new squad before actually joining us after the Italian season ends.

This will be one of the most ridiculous signings ever. I don't even rate adeb-eeyore in the slightest anyway, its like we're being desperate to find someone similar to drogba so we can get rid of him. Fuck that.

I really dont see why we would want to sign another striker? We have Drogba who is unplayable on his day and a match winner. Anelka who is the leagues joint top scorer and seems to have gelled nicely with Drogba now. I say we sign a world class wide player instead and make Kalou our third choice striker. Leaving Malouda and Joe Cole as our wide players with a new recruit plus Stoch who can play out wide.

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi claims there is a 'good chance' that the club can sign Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor in the summer.

Adebayor was wanted by the Italian giants 12 months ago, but a deal failed to materialise and the Togo ace signed a new contract at Emirates Stadium.

However, rumours of a move away from Arsenal have resurfaced in recent weeks, with Chelsea having been linked with an end-of-season bid.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger admitted last week that he would have no problem selling to a Premier League rival, but insisted Adebayor is part of his plans.

The former Monaco forward also revealed earlier this month that he will be staying with the club '100 per cent' next season, but Milan appear set to make a renewed attempt to sign the 25-year-old.

Good chance

Berlusconi has confirmed the Rossoneri's interest in agreeing a deal and is positive about the prospects of persuading Adebayor to move to the San Siro.

"There is a good chance that we can get Adebayor," Berlusconi told the Italian media on Sunday night.

Meanwhile, Berlusconi revealed Milan will assess the future of Ronaldinho in the summer following the Brazilian's dip in form.

He added: "We will see at the end of the season. I still think he's a good investment."