Adebayor joins Citeh

the wes

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor and Russian international Yuri Zhirkov head a £50m hitlist of summer transfer targets being considered by Chelsea as part of the deal to bring Carlo Ancelotti to the club as their new manager.

An agreement has now been reached with the AC Milan coach, who is understood to have finally made a commitment to leave the San Siro and join Chelsea on a three-year contract.

As part of the negotiations the Italian has been promised the funds to land four high-profile players. The spending spree will, also, reaffirm Roman Abramovich’s commitment.

Ancelotti is a long-term admirer of Adebayor, valued at more than £20m, whom he tried to sign for Milan last year before the Togolese striker agreed a new deal at Arsenal.

Zhirkov, the £15m-rated left-sided player, has been tracked by Chelsea, while interim manager, Guus Hiddink, has also recommended the 25-year-old.

Chelsea are also aware that Carlos Tevez has yet to agree a deal to remain at Manchester United, and with his two-year loan arrangement due to expire at the end of this season they are free to open negotiations. Tevez is believed to be resigned to leaving.

Chelsea will also conduct a clear-out in the overhaul that they want Ancelotti to oversee. Among those under scrutiny are French internationals Florent Malouda and Nicolas Anelka, along with Deco.

Milan are resigned to the fact that Ancelotti will finally leave and have already started the process of finding his replacement.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-14270778.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just purely not gonna happen. I can see Ancelotti coming and maybe Tevez as it looks unlikely Man Utd will buy him. Zhirkov looks likely too but Adebayor? No chance.

• 4 weeks later...

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor is a target for Chelsea.

The Telegraph says as part of negotiations with AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, Blues owner Roman Abramovich assured him that a bid would be tabled for the Togo star.

Ancelotti to bring in Arsenal's Adebayor as Drogba replacement at Chelsea

goal.com

According to a report in the British tabloid The Daily Mirror, Chelsea have identified Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor as the ideal replacement for Didier Drogba at the end of the season.

Apparently, the Blues have decided to sell Drogba this summer as a result of his rant at Norwegian referee Tom Henning Ovrebo after they were knocked out of the Champions League semi-final by Barcelona.

UEFA are expected to announce whether they will punish the Ivory Coast international on Friday, and it is thought that the west London club will also fine him.

Although the 31-year-old is set to become a free agent in 2010, it is claimed that Chelsea will ask for a fee in the region of €11.1 million (£10m) to sign him this summer.

It is suggested that Milan head coach Carlo Ancelotti has assured the Pensioners' owner, Roman Abramovich, that he will take over from Guus Hiddink, and that he would like Adebayor to replace Drogba.

The Togo international has not enjoyed as prolific a season for the Gunners this year, scoring 16 goals in 37 appearances, compared to 30 goals in 48 matched throughout the 2007-08 campaign.

The 25-year-old 6ft 3in striker has also been linked with a move to Milan previously, so it may be that Ancelotti could land his long-term target as Chelsea boss.

I personally think if we can get him at Chelsea i say we give him a chance, you never know how he could go. Look at the type of football the arsenal play he just might not be suited to the play.

I'd rather see us sign Boris Johnson

_41742740_boris203_getty.jpg

I'll never forget his flying headbutt against the Germans....comedy at its best. :lol:

As for Adeharhar I'd rather stab my eyes with rusty fork then rinse them in vinegar than has that useless lump at Chelsea. He's right up there with Ibrahimovich as players who are over rated.