The Summer, next season and Beyond

EskWeston

Over the last week or so we have seen the club enter a time of some termoil. A manager gone and we have no idea who will be in charge next season. Also today we have been given the news that while our actual debt has been halved we now will not be signing any players unless we sell first.

I think everybody has looked at our squad this season and said that something is very not right with it. First of all we are carrying a fair few players not pulling their weight and never look like they will do, secondly we have a lot of players into their 30's which for a club like us these players struggle to be top class. Man Utd's 30+ players are now bit part players and because of that are able to make an impact, ours are regulars every game.

So bearing in mind the state of our squad and the knowledge that we have to sell to rebuild, how can you see us doing that and what would you like to realistically see now.

Squad:

Keepers:

P.Cech (26)

H.Hilario (33)

R.Taylor (18)

Centre Backs:

J.Terry (28)

R.Carvalho (30)

Alex (26)

B.Ivanovic (24)

M.Mancienne (21)

Full Backs:

A.Cole (28)

J.Bosingwa (26)

P.Ferreira (30)

J.Belletti (31)

Midfielders:

F.Lampard (30)

M.Ballack (31)

M.Essien (26)

J.O.Mikel (22)

Deco (30)

Miniero (32)

Wingers:

J.Cole (27)

S.Kalou (24)

F.Malouda (28)

R.Quaresma (25) Loan

M.Stoch (19)

Strikers:

D.Drogba (30)

N.Anelka (30)

F.Di Santo (19)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballack we can get 10 million deco about 5 million, then we can launch a 15 million bid for brazil's 18 year old wellington.

£10m for Ballack? He is out of contract in the summer. But we can get his wages off the books. For me we have to be looking at keeping a nucleus of Established players and using younger players, both our own and brought in to beef the squad up.

Out go Hilario(£0), Alex(£10m), Belletti(£2m), Ferreira(£5), Ballack(£0), Deco(£5), Miniero(£0), Malouda(£7m), Drogba(£10)

Total Income: £39m

We should have some money carried over from player sales this Season, lets say another £20m. So that means we should have about £60m to spend on a backup keeper, a right back, 2 central midfielders, and a striker.

Which for me should be more than possible. The most expensive purchases would be a striker and 1 of the midfielders. £20m of a striker, £15m on a decent young midfielder of a high standard. Which leaves £25m to spend on the keeper, right back and a midfilelder.

Keepers:

P.Cech (26)

??????? (??)

R.Taylor (19)

Centre Backs:

J.Terry (28)

R.Carvalho (30)

B.Ivanovic (24)

M.Mancienne (21)

Full Backs:

A.Cole (28)

J.Bosingwa (26)

R.Bertrand (20)

?????????? (??)

Midfielders:

F.Lampard (30)

M.Essien (26)

J.O.Mikel (22)

J.Cork (20)

??????? (??)

??????? (??)

Wingers:

J.Cole (27)

S.Kalou (24)

R.Quaresma (25)

M.Stoch (19)

Strikers:

???????? (??)

N.Anelka (30)

F.Di Santo (19)

Rebuilding will be done in the Summer, Hiddink will make the best of what he has, and if he gets some kind of silverware, then that will have a marked effect. The economic situation will have some bearing as well -if there are greenshoots of recovery, Abramovich will obviously feel like putting his hand in his pocket, and the current policy will be changed

Regardless of that, I cant see five or six being here for the start of 2009-10.

Youngsters need to be given chances and told in the Summer what's expected, and arnesen needs to start justifying his existence along with 250+scouts to unearth some new players with real potential.

£10m for Ballack? He is out of contract in the summer. But we can get his wages off the books. For me we have to be looking at keeping a nucleus of Established players and using younger players, both our own and brought in to beef the squad up.

Out go Hilario(£0), Alex(£10m), Belletti(£2m), Ferreira(£5), Ballack(£0), Deco(£5), Miniero(£0), Malouda(£7m), Drogba(£10)

Total Income: £39m

We should have some money carried over from player sales this Season, lets say another £20m. So that means we should have about £60m to spend on a backup keeper, a right back, 2 central midfielders, and a striker.

Which for me should be more than possible. The most expensive purchases would be a striker and 1 of the midfielders. £20m of a striker, £15m on a decent young midfielder of a high standard. Which leaves £25m to spend on the keeper, right back and a midfilelder.

Keepers:

P.Cech (26)

??????? (??)

R.Taylor (19)

Centre Backs:

J.Terry (28)

R.Carvalho (30)

B.Ivanovic (24)

M.Mancienne (21)

Full Backs:

A.Cole (28)

J.Bosingwa (26)

R.Bertrand (20)

?????????? (??)

Midfielders:

F.Lampard (30)

M.Essien (26)

J.O.Mikel (22)

J.Cork (20)

??????? (??)

??????? (??)

Wingers:

J.Cole (27)

S.Kalou (24)

R.Quaresma (25)

M.Stoch (19)

Strikers:

???????? (??)

N.Anelka (30)

F.Di Santo (19)

Guillermo Ochoa, Yoann Gourcuff, Karim Benzema, Micah Richards, Michael Johnson

Edited by the wes

It does look like we're gonna need a VERY good coach if we want to challenge for the title with these players. In Mancienne and Cork we have some players who have impressed in the Championship. We may get back Bertrand, Sahar and Sinclair who conversely have had varying form, varying to worse in more recent times unfortunately

I think we should be keeping Ferreira personally, he's not gonna be worth an awful lot but he's a decent player. Unless Hutchinson can come in as another useful defender, but I think he might need another season to prove himself because hasn't he had a serious injury recently?

But we definitely need to look to our youth and I hope we do, but I hope we do so without dropping ourselves out the top 4. It's a tough ask, and we may well fail.

Keepers:

P.Cech (26)

??????? (??)

R.Taylor (19)

Centre Backs:

J.Terry (28)

R.Carvalho (30)

B.Ivanovic (24)

M.Mancienne (21)

Full Backs:

A.Cole (28)

J.Bosingwa (26)

R.Bertrand (20)

?????????? (??)

Midfielders:

F.Lampard (30)

M.Essien (26)

J.O.Mikel (22)

J.Cork (20)

??????? (??)

??????? (??)

Wingers:

J.Cole (27)

S.Kalou (24)

R.Quaresma (25)

M.Stoch (19)

Strikers:

???????? (??)

N.Anelka (30)

F.Di Santo (19)

were's scot sinclair in your squad m8

Squad:

Keepers:

P.Cech (26)

H.Hilario (33)

R.Taylor (18)

Centre Backs:

J.Terry (28)

R.Carvalho (30)

Alex (26)

B.Ivanovic (24)

M.Mancienne (21)

Full Backs:

A.Cole (28)

J.Bosingwa (26)

P.Ferreira (30)

J.Belletti (31)

Midfielders:

F.Lampard (30)

M.Ballack (31)

M.Essien (26)

J.O.Mikel (22)

Deco (30)

Miniero (32)

Wingers:

J.Cole (27)

S.Kalou (24)

F.Malouda (28)

R.Quaresma (25) Loan

M.Stoch (19)

Strikers:

D.Drogba (30)

N.Anelka (30)

F.Di Santo (19)

Get rid of Anelka (15million) , Drogba (13million), Alex (12 million), Miniero (1million), Malouda (8 million), Deco (6 million)

Total amount gained from selling: 55 million pounds.

I am not sure about Ballack, we can use him sparingly as a backup behind Lampard and Essien or the new midfielder.

We need to bring in 2 strikers, 1 midfielder. That would make a squad of 23. Thats very much enough for a season.

We can certainly bring in Ribery as a midfielder and one target man in Benzema and another supporting Striker.

That should be it.

No need to sell Hilario, Alex has a bigger price tag than 10 million. If Wayne bridge can be sold for 12 million, Alex a much younger and a strong defender deserves a higher price.

No need to sell belleti, He is our utility player. Can play in the midfeild and at RB.

We can use Ballack as a back up midfielder like Giggs and Scholes are for man Utd.

Deco should be sold for around 5-6 million.

Miniero can fetch us 1 million. He is a midfielder.

Malouda well 8-9 million. He is too good be be tagged 7 million :P

Drogba can fecth you 13-14million easily. He is one of the best strikers in the world. One season cant bring his pricedown. Last season he scored 16 goals in 31 games. Remeber how robben fetched us 24 million when he dint quite play much in the season for us?

And yes, Sell Anelka for 15-16 million. Top scorer in the league. Has to get a good price.

I would be happy with this squad next season

GK's:

- Cech

- Hilario

- Taylor

RB:

- Bosingwa

- Ferreira

CB:

- Terry

- Carvalho

- Ivanovic

- Mancienne

LB:

- A.Cole

- (Ferreira as back up)

CM:

Mikel

Lampard

Essien

Belleti

(New)

Wingers:

J.Cole

Kalou

Stoch

(New)

Strikers:

Anelka

Di-Santo

(New)

(New)

No need to sell Hilario, Alex has a bigger price tag than 10 million. If Wayne bridge can be sold for 12 million, Alex a much younger and a strong defender deserves a higher price.

Tbh if it were not man city who bought bridge for 12 million i would agree.

I think I'll start with my disagreements

For starters... Why does everyone want Alex out? He is a very good defender. And everyone makes mistakes, dont get me started. + he scores amazing goals when it needed. And wont miss from 5 yards... *coughterrycough* (not having a go, just using an example...)

Who ever said Beletti is a dumbass, he saved our arse again Stoke, and I'm in the mood for mentioning more, he just never gets a game.

Ballack is just not on form like he was last year, but he does so much work that you dont actually see. He has fantastic vision and is sublime at freekicks. He should be kept...

Anelka NEEDS someone to play along side him, Anelka wants to play with a parter, Dogshit Drogba wants to play by himself. If you ask me, I'd be going with Anelka, he does a lot more running that Drogba, and when I see people complain about him dropping too far back looking for the ball, I say good on him, he's not getting the ball any other way, and when he does do this, someone just has to take his place.... Kalou or whoever else.

Now, who should be let go...

Deco, useless and lazy. He can give good balls, but we cant have Lampard, Ballack and Deco, who's smart idea was that???

Malouda, again, he's lazy, and is extremly good at losing the ball. heh... He should be let go. I remember how good he was when he first got him at Chelsea, like his goal against Galaxy. 

Drogba, not point in even adding to this, he clearly wants to leave and is not doing anything good at this club, and is just lowing his own price tag.

Who I'm iffy about... is Bosingwa. He can play amazing games, then the next game be non existant. Wasnt he brought in to defend again players like Ronaldo? with Pace? cause it doesnt seem to working, and if ask me, Beletti did just as good a job. I still dont want him sold though, he is deff a player we want to keep. Also, Cech has been really off form lately, He's bee coming out too much. which can be a big thing with Corners.

I would LOVE to see either Young, or Ribery brought in, I would prefer Young, but there is no chance of him coming to Chelsea anytime in the near future, without a HUGE pricetag that only City can match. Gourcouff (or however you spell it) Would be a nice addition, but I'm not 100% where he would fit in. And Chelsea needs an all out goal scorer, someone who's one and only job is score goals, and does it as well at Eto'o. Tough find huh?

Well theres my addition, cant wait to see the disagreement with this.

Scott.