EURO 2024

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

i think they are only wiped after the quarterfinals.

on a different note, how is englands opponent out of the 3rd placed teams determined?

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

how do they decide between the 3 groups listed?

8d3261cc7cb066c6cda91bc248e5026f.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2024

Go down to knockout stage and you will see it.

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2024

Go down to knockout stage and you will see it.

So the way I understand this, depending on which group's third placed team progresses there is a predetermined pairing. This is to avoid playing a team from your group. But all in all, it used to be a lot more straight forward when there were just 16 teams in the euros. Now depending on which group you progress from you either get to know your opponent the next day which is a big advantage or just at the end of the group stages. As things stands Netherlands is most likely for England, if not probably slovakia

Edited by Magic Lamps

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

So the way I understand this, depending on which group's third placed team progresses there is a predetermined pairing. This is to avoid playing a team from your group. But all in all, it used to be a lot more straight forward when there were just 16 teams in the euros.

Wait for WC in 2 years where you gonna have 48 teams in 12 groups and eight 3rd place teams progress. 

At least we can already say England have once again scurried their way into the easier half of the draw, avoiding Germany, Spain, Portugal but I would still expect them to get knocked out by Italy in the quarterfinals.

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I know lots of our fans love him and love that he’s a “Chelsea lad through and through,” but Gallagher is just not a top player. He’s a pure “passion merchant” as the kids say these days. Good guy to have in a squad as a top club but should not be a starter for us.

I continue to think that I wouldn’t mind keeping him but if someone offers £50m or so like with Mount we should bite their hand off. There’s nothing he does that Andrey Santos can’t do. And Andrey is better in tight spaces and playing from deep.

I'm ok with us selling Conor for a good price. I have doubts that he fits in well with what Maresca wants from his CM's.(aslong as we intend on keeping EM longer than previous coaches under this regime)

I'm in the group where the distaste was from Conor having to be sold due to the money we wasted on duds and unprofessional turds like Lukaku.if it's for pure football reasons then i'll accept it. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

At least we can already say England have once again scurried their way into the easier half of the draw, avoiding Germany, Spain, Portugal but I would still expect them to get knocked out by Italy in the quarterfinals.

World Cup in Russia in knockout phase: Colombia, Sweden before going out to Croatia. 

Last EURO Ukraine in QF and Denmark in semi final. So if someone wants to portrait semi final and final as Southgate success they didn't face any top10 team. 

Now again 4 best on other part. Regarding italy don't think so. They are also shit with weaker players. Infact I would not be surprised if Switzerland and Netherlands progress. They definitely play better football. 

9 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

I'm ok with us selling Conor for a good price. I have doubts that he fits in well with what Maresca wants from his CM's.(aslong as we intend on keeping EM longer than previous coaches under this regime)

I'm in the group where the distaste was from Conor having to be sold due to the money we wasted on duds and unprofessional turds like Lukaku.if it's for pure football reasons then i'll accept it. 

Because he is n't good with the Southgate circus ...
Ok find a quality replacement, don't waste money we need for other positions this transfer window and then sell him.

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Incredible draw.
Ge-Po-Spain will murder each other and England play against the ununspiring Netherlands and Italy.
But it won't be easy.
It's like Chelsea with Potter and Lamps. If you can't score you stand to lose by the only goal of the match.

5 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Because he is n't good with the Southgate circus ...
Ok find a quality replacement, don't waste money we need for other positions this transfer window and then sell him.

Not atall.his style of play doesn't really fit into Maresca style of play as i stated.we don't need to spend any money on a replacement  for him we have players better suited to what Maresca likes already on our books.we need to spend to upgrade at other positions.

15 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

Not atall.his style of play doesn't really fit into Maresca style of play as i stated.we don't need to spend any money on a replacement  for him we have players better suited to what Maresca likes already on our books.we need to spend to upgrade at other positions.

Whon do we have ? Tigana ? Franz Beckenbauer ?

1 hour ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

That'd leave us with Caicedo, Enzo, and Lavia (assuming his season-long injury was a one-off).
Any cards or knocks and we end up with players who would give us a significant competitive disadvantage against most PL sides. Ugo in particular looks way too poor on the ball at this level.

Edited by robsblubot

Forget England getting through, it is just delaying the inevitable. We will get fucking humped by a half decent side.

Took the cunt 70 minutes or whatever it was to get Palamer on, he comes on, his first pass is forward unlike that of fucking Bellingham who has done fuck all in this tournament apart from score one goal, Foden who is wandering around like a fucking blind man and throwing his arms around like a petulant child. 

It will be back to safe mode from Southgate next as it's knockouts, so he will stay with the usual guard.

Having watched Spain so far also, which I am surprised it hasn’t been mentioned at all (well not really), do folk really believe Cucurella cannot play here? He has been excellent for them so far…. Well against Croatia & Italy anyway and in the pre tournament game he played also.

Edited by OneMoSalah

24 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Having watched Spain so far also, which I am surprised it hasn’t been mentioned at all (well not really), do folk really believe Cucurella cannot play here? He has been excellent for them so far…. Well against Croatia & Italy anyway and in the pre tournament game he played also.

It really depends how he is used. In a system that depends on fullbacks overlapping, making deep runs, crossing providing width he is hopeless. Spain are so efficient going forward they don’t need this side of his game. His glaring weaknesses in terms of recovering runs, pressing, crossing,  defending of space in behind are less exposed when he does not even enter the final third. His 1 on 1 defending and short passing have always been his main strengths. I hated him as lwb and LCB but als old fashioned LB (even better when inverted) he is alright when sharp and in form. Problem is when he is not 100%, he is just plain useless cos he is so limited as a player. he has zero redeeming qualities unlike Alonso with his height, technique and goals, pre injury Chilly with his decent shots/crosses and off the ball runs.