EURO 2024

I know lots of our fans love him and love that he’s a “Chelsea lad through and through,” but Gallagher is just not a top player. He’s a pure “passion merchant” as the kids say these days. Good guy to have in a squad as a top club but should not be a starter for us.

I continue to think that I wouldn’t mind keeping him but if someone offers £50m or so like with Mount we should bite their hand off. There’s nothing he does that Andrey Santos can’t do. And Andrey is better in tight spaces and playing from deep.

German commentators per Merte and Chrid Kramer destroying Southgate’s absence of a match plan and on field coaching. Have to say I agree. Southgate just picks the team and stops giving a damn no matter what happens on the pitch 

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

I saw that but what is the criterion ?

The qualifier will be decided on the below criteria, with number one being the first used and then others following in order if the tie remains:

1. Higher number of points obtained in the head-to-head matches played between the teams in question.

2. Superior goal difference resulting from the head-to-head matches played between the teams in question.

3. Higher number of goals scored in the head-to-head matches played between the teams in question.

4. If, after having applied criteria 1 to 3, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 3 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams who are still level to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5 to 10 will apply.

5. Superior goal difference in all group matches.

6. Higher number of goals scored in all group matches.

7. If on the last round of the group stage, two teams who are facing each other are tied in points, goal difference and goals scored then they drew their match, their ranking is determined by a penalty shootout. (This criterion is not used if more than two teams had the same number of points.)

8. Lower disciplinary points total in all group matches (1 point for a single yellow card, 3 points for a red card as a consequence of two yellow cards, 3 points for a direct red card, 4 points for a yellow card followed by a direct red card.)

9. Higher position in the European Qualifiers overall ranking, unless the comparison involves hosts Germany, in which case a drawing of lots will take place.

Currently England goes on Netherlands in last 16. And Italy/Switzerland in QF. 

If some unexpected things happen in Group F they may go on 3rd from Group E. 

I'd drop Bellingham deeper,just because he scored lots of goals at Real for me just like us with Lampard doesnt make him a 10.have Rice sit infront of the CB's and have Stones coming forward more.if we end up playing a team we need to be more defensive weary then play a 4-3-3.

not sure about the LB position.Southgate is obsessed with Trippier like Michael Jackson was with young boys...has failed to blood depth there. Palmer needs to starting.regardless of formation we use next game.

Edited by Duppy Conqueror

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

are yellows now wiped?

or can players get one yellow and if they have one from group stage are they out for the quarterfinals?

i think they are only wiped after the quarterfinals.

on a different note, how is englands opponent out of the 3rd placed teams determined?

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Currently England goes on Netherlands in last 16. And Italy/Switzerland in QF. 

If some unexpected things happen in Group F they may go on 3rd from Group E. 

how do they decide between the 3 groups listed?

8d3261cc7cb066c6cda91bc248e5026f.png

35 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Holland is the main 'on the grass' coach in training

Hmm interesting. I do remember he was highly regarded here, a lot of talk of himg being a big loss when he went to the England set up when Southgate took over.

Coaching and tactically there is definitely something off with that team. I get theres not a natural left back and he’s played without Mainoo in there but more is amiss than that. Final third seems very disjointed but again having Foden left and having to stay wide due to a right footed left back isn’t necessarily playing to his strengths. 

9 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

I'd drop Bellingham deeper,just because he scored lots of goals at Real for me just like us with Lampard doesnt make him a 10.have Rice sit infront of the CB's and have Stones coming forward more.if we end up playing a team we need to be more defensive weary then play a 4-3-3.

not sure about the LB position.Southgate is obsessed with Trippier like Michael Jackson was with young boys...has failed to blood depth there. Palmer needs to starting.regardless of formation we use next game.

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by OneMoSalah