Southend vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Ive a feeling we might take some frustration out on Southend tomorrow, dunno why you guys are saying we aint been on tv for a while, we're on sky like every fucking week. Everton, Man Utd, West Ham (all terrible). I dont remember the last time we won on TV tho. Normal service should resume tomorrow, i'm going for a 3-0 win. Early goal will be nice and a decent attacking performance will be nice also for a change. We aint played well since Villa.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clji...... Think your looking for Cluj :lol: but yeah i remember now and we were lucky to win that, another awful performance with a late winner. Well hopefully the omens are good then for the ITV boys :P

No. If we play a weakened team like we did in the original tie, we risk the chance of going out of the competition altogether. If we underestimate Southend, and don't show the respect we should, we will lose. We have to unite the squad as one, and to do that, we have to play our starting XI at all possible opportunities. Its all great saying we should give the likes of FdS and Michael Mancienne a run-out, but in fairness, we should be looking to play a full-strength team. But that's just my opinion. I just think we need some continuity amongst the ranks atm.

No. If we play a weakened team like we did in the original tie, we risk the chance of going out of the competition altogether. If we underestimate Southend, and don't show the respect we should, we will lose. We have to unite the squad as one, and to do that, we have to play our starting XI at all possible opportunities. Its all great saying we should give the likes of FdS and Michael Mancienne a run-out, but in fairness, we should be looking to play a full-strength team. But that's just my opinion. I just think we need some continuity amongst the ranks atm.

A weak side in the original tie?

Cudicini

Ferreira-Ivanovic-Carvalho-A.Cole

Mikel-Lampard-Belletti

J.Cole-Drogba-Kalou

That side is bucketloads more than capable of blowing Southend away. For me there is zero risk in playing at least Mancienne and Di Santo from the start, both have played plenty against opposition much better than Southend. And could Miroslav Stoch do any worse on the wings that Malouda or Kalou at the moment? Would for example Lee Sawyer who has been a start at Southend recently be out of his depth?

Rather than continuity we need passion and a real will to win and prove something. If it was me i would take a leaf out of Wenger's book and give some young players a run out from the start:

Cech

Ivanovic-Mancienne-Terry-A.Cole

Mikel-Lampard-Sawyer

J.Cole-Di Santo-Stoch

Enough of a mix of experienced players to make this tie perfectly winnable and enough hunger in there to make sure the effort goes in.

I'm agreeing with Esk here. It's getting rather clear now that our first team needs a good shaking, so lets give our youngins a go, so we can develop them instead of having to buy 10 new players instead.

For me i don't see the risk. Southend are league 1. Mancienne has excelled at Championship level, Saywer was a star player at Southend himself, Di Santo can mix it with the best and Stoch is full of speed and skill. Our first team players need to know that they can't just walk into the starting 11 because of who they are, they need to understand that unless they are giving 100% their positions are under threat.

Agree with Esk, too, tho' I really can't see it happen.

Well if it did happen i think i would pass out with shock and miss the whole game!!!

Team will be:

Cech

Bosingwa-Terry-Carvalho-A.Cole

Mikel-Lampard-Ballack/Deco

J.Cole-Anelka-Kalou

Can't see it being too different from that to be honest.

I'm going to disagree with Esk just because of you two sycophants

For me i don't see the risk. Southend are league 1. Mancienne has excelled at Championship level, Saywer was a star player at Southend himself, Di Santo can mix it with the best and Stoch is full of speed and skill. Our first team players need to know that they can't just walk into the starting 11 because of who they are, they need to understand that unless they are giving 100% their positions are under threat.

Might not be a risk for CFC, but Scolari wont want to take any chances, and will field a strong team. Ironically if he fucks up, the boot gets closer, and we might as well have Phil Jupitus in charge.

I'm going to disagree with Esk just because of you two sycophants

Might not be a risk for CFC, but Scolari wont want to take any chances, and will field a strong team. Ironically if he fucks up, the boot gets closer, and we might as well have Phil Jupitus in charge.

Lol

Depends what you mean by strong though. What on paper looks like a strong team has been as weak as wet bog roll of late!! We know Scolari isn't going to take any chances, what we need to hope for is that between him and the players they can get themselves motivated enough to put in some decent performances and get some confidence back into the team.

IF we do somehow lose tonight, the pressure on Scolari is going to be massive.... and he might not survive it.

Lol

Depends what you mean by strong though. What on paper looks like a strong team has been as weak as wet bog roll of late!! We know Scolari isn't going to take any chances, what we need to hope for is that between him and the players they can get themselves motivated enough to put in some decent performances and get some confidence back into the team.

IF we do somehow lose tonight, the pressure on Scolari is going to be massive.... and he might not survive it.

Well I think strong to Scolari , is the core of Mourinhos team. Dropping Drogba will not solve the problem, it will just piss him off more, probably. Drogba with Anelka and Joe Cole behind would do the business, but it seems that Scolari taps into what the fans are saying, and implements it a week later...

Am looking forward to ITVs gloating, David Pleat bleating about Davd and Goliath ballacks, minnows, shrimps, etc

Well I think strong to Scolari , is the core of Mourinhos team. Dropping Drogba will not solve the problem, it will just piss him off more, probably. Drogba with Anelka and Joe Cole behind would do the business, but it seems that Scolari taps into what the fans are saying, and implements it a week later...

Am looking forward to ITVs gloating, David Pleat bleating about Davd and Goliath ballacks, minnows, shrimps, etc

What we really need is some width. Would be good to see Drogba and Anelka play together from the start but again we are missing the width.

ITV commentary is truly awful! But needs must when you want to watch CFC...