Objects over the United States

cosmicway

Ok, one was a Chinese balloon. But the others ?
I believe what is happening is a probable UFO scouting mission and I will explain this.

First of all the idea of deep space travel the way people imagine is in all likelihood an impossibility.
The speed of light is the limit, the laws of Physics prohibit superluminal speeds.
So this means a galactic empire does n't exist (or a galactic people's democracy or a galactic Donald Trump-ocracy). Because communication between distant solar systems is all but meaningless.
But deep space travel at subluminal speeds for emigration purposes may well be possible, using for example suspended animation techniques.
This means one thing:
Space is a lot more sparsely populated than might be the case with the imaginary galactic empire, yet nevertheless populated by intelligent species.

So what do we humans do when we emigrate from one place to another ?
If we emigrate to Argentine we are going to be friendly to the Argentinians. The same for any other place on earth, no question about it, but does that apply to everybody ?
What about the Mongols, the Huns, the Selchuk Turks and other tribes ?
Those were not the friendliest of types it must be said.

With this logic a space attack can never be ruled out.
And it's going to be difficult to repel.
As things stand our forces compared to their forces will be like a napoleonic army against the modern US army.
If it happens 4-5 centuries from now maybe less so, but the 21st century is dangerous.

So the mystery of the UFOs over America cannot be taken lightly.
Of course there is always the arrogance of the yanks who see UFOs everyday and we in the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia don't see any.
Why so ?
Why could n't UFOs land in Greece, Serbia, Tirol, Acquitaine but instead choose America ?
Nevertheless this not withstanding I believe the danger exists.

Edited by cosmicway

19 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Ok, one was a Chinese balloon. But the others ?
I believe what is happening is a probable UFO scouting mission and I will explain this.

First of all the idea of deep space travel the way people imagine is in all likelihood an impossibility.
The speed of light is the limit, the laws of Physics prohibit superluminal speeds.
So this means a galactic empire does n't exist (or a galactic people's democracy or a galactic Donald Trump-ocracy). Because communication between distant solar systems is all but meaningless.
But deep space travel at subluminal speeds for emigration purposes may well be possible, using for example suspended animation techniques.
This means one thing:
Space is a lot more sparsely populated than might be the case with the imaginary galactic empire, yet nevertheless populated by intelligent species.

So what do we humans do when we emigrate from one place to another ?
If we emigrate to Argentine we are going to be friendly to the Argentinians. The same for any other place on earth, no question about it, but does that apply to everybody ?
What about the Mongols, the Huns, the Selchuk Turks and other tribes ?
Those were not the friendliest of types it must be said.

With this logic a space attack can never be ruled out.
And it's going to be difficult to repel.
As things stand our forces compared to their forces will be like a napoleonic army against the modern US army.
If it happens 4-5 centuries from now maybe less so, but the 21st century is dangerous.

So the mystery of the UFOs over America cannot be taken lightly.
Of course there is always the arrogance of the yanks who see UFOs everyday and we in the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia don't see any.
Why so ?
Why could n't UFOs land in Greece, Serbia, Tirol, Acquitaine but instead choose America ?
Nevertheless this not withstanding I believe the danger exists.

I highly doubt an alien is going to travel all that way, just to tinker with an Americans arse Hole.

On 24/02/2023 at 12:05, We Hate Scouse said:

When do you get on to the part about the lizard people and ice walls?

You can't say man.
My strategy as aliens high command would be to avoid the use of atomic bombs because they are going to render the place uninhabitable.
Although laser beams could be an option, I would rather do this:
Send a fleet of autonomous UFOs with alien creatures inside them. The UFOs would open their hatches upon landing and distribute the little monsters to earth to eat the earth population. But the alien creatures would be fitted with electronic control devices so after they do their job I kill them all. Then the proper UFOs with the alien people inside them will follow.

Edited by cosmicway

Conspiracy theories aren't my thing.

On the subject at hand, I highly recommend reading a classic sci-fi book from Stanisław Lem called Solaris. If books are not your thing, there is a movie with the same name starring Cooney. The movie is less about science, as usual, but still carries the main point.

Everything we do is through anthropomorphic lenses. That's why "as we know it" is always implicit when we talk about alien life. There is a thought that we may not be able to detect, much less communicate with, life that is significantly different than ours. Going into "intelligent life" just makes it even harder.

In science, it's OK to say "we don't know." That's what some folks don't get. It's better to have no explanation than the wrong one, just as it is just part of the process to update your knowledge as new information is uncovered.

Edited by robsblubot

Fun read is https://www.mit.edu/people/dpolicar/writing/prose/text/thinkingMeat.html

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars."

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in the sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the Orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take too long. Do you have any idea the life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the Weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads like the Weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there is a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat!"

"So... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you getting the picture?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Finally, Yes. They are indeed made out meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"So what does the meat have in mind."

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the universe, contact other sentients, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat?"

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there? Anyone home?' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"

"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome, and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in the quadrant, without prejudice, fear, or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say?" `Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you have probed? You're sure they won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we can marked this sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotation ago, wants to be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the universe would be if one were all alone."

Another thing the aliens could do is divert a school of asteroids and use them to kill earth before actually disembarking.
If we can divert asteroids as was demostrated recently they can do it better because they have more advanced means of propulsion and of course the explosives needed to change the path of the asteroids/comets.
After that they can initiate a new cycle of life according to their specifications.

There is also a possibility that not many people consider or take seriously - that we are, in fact, alone. We might be the first intelligent life in the universe. Or if we are not the only ones, then we might be the most advanced.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

There is also a possibility that not many people consider or take seriously - that we are, in fact, alone. We might be the first intelligent life in the universe. Or if we are not the only ones, then we might be the most advanced.

Talk Chelsea proves this 

On second thought I reject the asteroids, also the nuclear weapons.
The asteroids will destroy the earth's atmosphere, like they did last time. The dinosaurs were not killed by the asteroid -except the local ones. Thet were killed by the atmosphere.
So as the aliens are (likely) hostile immigrants they want the planet to be in good condition, like now. They don't want to destroy it.

12 hours ago, manpe said:

This is unlikely, that we are alone
But the distances are prohibitive.
So I believe that instant communication is also unlikely but emigration is possible with super-high space technology.
This therefore means on the one hand there are n't many travelers and on the other hand they are potential hostile.

The reason why they spy America may be a valid reason indeed, not that the Americans watch too many movies.
They know America is the world's arsenal so they want to find out what our weapons are.
France-Germany-Italy-UK are second string so they don't care.
Russia-China maybe are watched too, but as those are super-secretive states they are not informing us of events.

Edited by cosmicway

8 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

So I believe that instant communication is also unlikely but emigration is possible with super-high space technology.
This therefore means on the one hand there are n't many travelers and on the other hand they are potential hostile.

Agreed. It's also extremely arrogant to think so.

true esp with today's scientific knowledge, and always, from an anthropomorphic point of view. If one isn't "made out of meat", one does not need to travel like "meat" does. 😆

That's made-up, and once again using the simplistic anthropomorphic view (from Hollywood movies?) that extraterrestrial life would be similar to our own.

And to make it complete, a speculative conclusion based on a made-up thing.

33 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

true esp with today's scientific knowledge, and always, from an anthropomorphic point of view. If one isn't "made out of meat", one does not need to travel like "meat" does. 😆

That's made-up, and once again using the simplistic anthropomorphic view (from Hollywood movies?) that extraterrestrial life would be similar to our own.

And to make it complete, a speculative conclusion based on a made-up thing.

So you believe there is slow motion life.
Ok the machines can live for millions of years -if they are machines- but communication issues are the same.
Unless you believe in slow motion life but at the same time possessing the ability to travel through space.

My always hypothetical invasion is not speculative.
But I agree it's not necessarily so. They may also be friendly.

8 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

So you believe there is slow motion life.
Ok the machines can live for millions of years -if they are machines- but communication issues are the same.
Unless you believe in slow motion life but at the same time possessing the ability to travel through space.

My always hypothetical invasion is not speculative.
But I agree it's not necessarily so. They may also be friendly.

I don't believe anything. This is not a religion.

In science, it's OK to say "we don't know."