Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea

• Chelsea still appreciate Victor Osimhen despite him joining Galatasaray, so could this be one to watch again in January or next summer? Fabrizio Romano takes a look at the situation in his latest column.

• Ben Chilwell to Fenerbahce? Some reports suggest the Chelsea left-back could be cleared to move to Turkey on loan.

• Nicolas Jackson’s new deal until June 2033 is 100% sealed and will be officially announced soon. Chelsea also counter-signed all the official documents.

• Chelsea have made a £6m profit with Angelo’s sale to Al Nassr, after more than one year. There’s also a sell-on clause included in the deal for the young Brazilian winger.

• Chelsea confirm Jadon Sancho is set to train with Enzo Maresca and his staff during the international break. He’s already in good shape and ready for debut as a Chelsea player vs Bournemouth at the end of next week.

• Cole Palmer has withdrawn from the England squad, Chelsea have confirmed. The player will now spend the rest of the international break at Cobham.

• Malo Gusto has withdrawn from the France Under-21 squad because of a thigh injury, Chelsea have confirmed.

• Noni Madueke: “Maresca wants to push me and wants to make sure I get the best out of myself in every single training session. Top players train to their fullest every single day, so that’s for sure what I strive to be as well!”

Chelsea still appreciate Victor Osimhen following shock Galatasaray transfer

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/148478972/Chelsea-still-appreciate-victor-osimhen-following-shock-galatasaray-transfer

44daa4f1-71c6-448b-bf5e-5959826cbe29_532

In one of the surprises of the summer, Victor Osimhen has decided to go to Galatasaray. It’s a straight loan from Napoli for one season, and it was important for there to be two clauses in the deal - one for his release clause at Napoli to be changed to €75m, and another for there to be a break clause for the January transfer window.

Appreciation for Osimhen from top clubs remains, so even though he’s happy to be going to Galatasaray, and it’s a fantastic signing for them, appreciation especially from Chelsea remains. They tried until the final hour of the summer transfer window to make something happen with Osimhen, so let’s see if they will have the door open to activate the option to negotiate for him again in January, or next summer - at this moment I don’t know.

Overall it was a really surprising saga - no one was expecting Osimhen to end up at Galatasaray but many things happen with Napoli, Al Ahli, Chelsea...it was a difficult story. In the end, Osimhen preferred not to stay four months without professional football at Napoli, and to try a new experience. Still, Chelsea’s appreciation remains so let’s see what happens in the future, while there’s also the possibility of other top strikers like Benjamin Sesko being on the market next summer.

Left-footed CB targets (as Badi has to go IMHO) either this January (unlikely) or next summer, and if Badi goes, Colwill is our only left-footed CB now (NO, CuCu is not an option)

Alessandro Bastoni  (basically impossible)
Gonçalo Inácio   
Piero Hincapié 
Castello Lukeba   
Murillo  (but will be crazy expensive, they already instantly turned down £50m from us this summer)
Dávid Hancko 

youth

Jorrel Hato 
Yarek Gasiorowski  

Right-footed CB targets (as Disasi has to go IMHO) either this January (unlikely) or next summer) We also might cash in on Tosin (althought he have Aaron Anselmino coming in, who can hopefully replace him). We deffo need anothe right footer if both Disasi and Tosin leave, as we simply cannot rely on Fofana to stay healthy, and Anselmino is young and raw.

Ronald Araujo (almost impossible)
Bremer (very hard pull)
Marquinhos   (ageing, but can be a younger Thiago type)
António Silva (€100m release clause that Benfica will not bend on)
Giorgio Scalvini (if he fully recovers from his knee injury)
Ousmane Diomande 
Tomás Araújo
Cristhian Mosquera 

Malick Thiaw
Jarell Quansah 
Isak Hien 
Yann Bisseck

youth

Pau Cubarsí  (youth, albeit already a starter at Barca, and almost an impossible pull)

LB

damn shame Antonee Robinson is not 3 or 4 years younger

I think he would be a great LB option to replace Chilly (obviously my main target, as Alphonso Davies is very likely going to Real, is Nuno Mendes, but good luck pulling him, and even if we did convince him to come, PSG will want at least 80 to 90m or so euros for him)

BUT

if we bought Robinson next summer (when he turns 28yo), we only would get 2 sub 30yo seasons out of him, and we all know BlueCo is not going to go for that

Theo Hernández is just 2 months younger than Robinson, Federico Dimarco just 3 months younger, so also likely no goes

best other LB options IMHO are

Miguel Gutiérrez
Quilindschy Hartman  (IF he recovers 100 per cent from his knee injury)
Milos Kerkez   
Patrick Dorgu 
Bradley Locko 

RB

Simple

do not need if Reece stays healthy and/or is not sold

if he doesnt stay healthy or is sold

then

best options are 

Achraf Hakimi  (crazy hard pull)
Jeremie Frimpong (will be massively expensive, just like Hakimi would be)

Michael Kayode   

Wilfried Singo  
Nahuel Molina
Kiliann Sildillia
Josha Vagnoman  
Arnau Martínez 
Devyne Rensch  

Michael Kayode    👍🏽

michael-kayode-vs-kava.jpge8cf2d0020c8a70198a57f97aee5e665.png

IF Filip Jørgensen doe not come good and IF Costa goes elsewhere (a good possibilty, as Citeh, PSG (not happy with Donnarumma), Bayern, Barca, Inter, etc, will all be ,looking for Gkers more than likely)

then we are in real trouble until (and IF) Penders can become our number 1

Kobel is poor (like Donnarumma) with his feet

Guillaume Restes would probably be the next best option, but he is also (like Penders) only a teen, granted already starting ina  Big 5 league

so many other good keepers went elsewhere this window, and/or will not move

Edited by Vesper

CF

I am pretty sure BlueCo tries agaon for Victor Osimhen

I would rather go for Jhon Durán

here are the best (IMHO) of the rest of the options

Alexander Isak
Dušan Vlahović
Viktor Gyökeres  
Loïs Openda  
Benjamin Sesko
Evan Ferguson
Jonathan David (will likely be on a free, with a shedload of big clubs trying for him)
João Pedro 
Santiago Gimenez

youth

Eli Junior Kroupi    

DMF

very short list

these are the only ones who interest me and who are remotely available

Bruno Guimarães    
Martín Zubimendi   (shocked that Arse failed to pull him)
Morten Hjulmand 
Alan Varela 
Adam Wharton  

youth

Gabriel Moscardo   

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

DMF

very short list

these are the only ones who interest me and who are remotely available

Bruno Guimarães    
Martín Zubimendi   (shocked that Arse failed to pull him)
Morten Hjulmand 
Alan Varela 
Adam Wharton  

youth

Gabriel Moscardo   

Don't think we can play with a DMF *and* Caicedo (ball-winning mid). That'd be too defensive unless the DMF is also a maestro. Aren't we covered there esp when Lavia eventually becomes available?

Edited by robsblubot

Podcast in Portuguese by Brazilian journalists about Chelsea (since Abramovich times) as well as the new wall street-like approach (which is what they call it).

What's interesting is how much they talk about the stuff we've discussed here: 1. if players become stars would they have to leave to get top wages? 2. what if players lose the ambition due to the long contracts 3. motivate players with large squads (that group thing already addressed by Maresca to a degree) 4. young squad and missing experienced players--that some of the players who won the CL are still young and could still be at the club

The one thing they touch and that I don't think we've addressed is the differences in competitiveness between American sports and international football. If you ever watch both sports live (I have multiple times), it's really difficult to compare. I'd describe American sports on the stands as a party, while international football has a much more serious tone. I've been told college American Football would be closer to Int Football, but even if you have more passion on display (than NFL), it's still a party IMO.
Baseball takes it to a different level as it feels more like a family and friends reunion on the stands.

So, they question how the points listed above would affect, or not, our ability to build a strong and resilient team capable of facing highly competitive opposition, which is what we find in the PL. I am really curious about that myself.

Edited by robsblubot

37 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Podcast in Portuguese by Brazilian journalists about Chelsea (since Abramovich times) as well as the new wall street-like approach (which is what they call it).

What's interesting is how much they talk about the stuff we've discussed here: 1. if players become stars would they have to leave to get top wages? 2. what if players lose the ambition due to the long contracts 3. motivate players with large squads (that group thing already addressed by Maresca to a degree) 4. young squad and missing experienced players--that some of the players who won the CL are still young and could still be at the club

The one thing they touch and that I don't think we've addressed is the differences in competitiveness between American sports and international football. If you ever watch both sports live (I have multiple times), it's really difficult to compare. I'd describe American sports on the stands as a party, while international football has a much more serious tone. I've been told college American Football would be closer to Int Football, but even if you have more passion on display (than NFL), it's still a party IMO.
Baseball takes it to a different level as it feels more like a family and friends reunion on the stands.

So, they question how the points listed above would affect, or not, our ability to build a strong and resilient team capable of facing highly competitive opposition, which is what we find in the PL. I am really curious about that myself.

American sports is all about entertainment. You can go to a team this is terrible, but if they have an entertaining stadium, people will line up and buy tickets. I think that is why banter is so much more brutal in club football. 

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Don't think we can play with a DMF *and* Caicedo (ball-winning mid). That'd be too defensive unless the DMF is also a maestro. Aren't we covered there esp when Lavia eventually becomes available?

'maestro' type

4 of the 5 non youths are that

especially the first 2 

and Wharton could develop into that as well

I listed no 'destroyers'

DMF is not a sceaming need for us, unlike GK, CF, and CB

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

'maestro' type

4 of the 5 non youths are that

especially the first 2 

and Wharton could develop into that as well

I listed no 'destroyers'

DMF is not a sceaming need for us, unlike GK, CF, and CB

I'd say nothing short of Rodri: a player who distribute and control tempo.

I like Bruno, but he's not that player; he's a competent b2b, but he's not skillful enough to control tempo. 

CMF

Another really short list

I highly doubt any of the big 6 (aka biggest non Real Madrid names) would come here at all, or even move anywhere

Nicolò Barella
Gavi   
Pedri  
Frenkie de Jong 

Vitinha  
Warren Zaïre-Emery

whichs leaves only a handful of actually available ones I rate

Éderson
Fermín López    (hard AF pull as well)
Pablo Barrios 
Quinten Timber  
Javi Guerra   

most of the really good young HG CMF were snapped up this window or last summer

Adam Wharton (DMF/CMF combo)
Lewis Miley
Matt O'Riley 
Alex Scott
Archie Gray  

plus the best young Swedish CMF

Lucas Bergvall   

Winger/AMF

I do not want to hear about any, unless we are deffo selling off some

and then the ONLY names I will discuss (non youth)

all are right footed or ambipedal, NO MORE LEFT-FOOTED wingers and AMFs!!!!!

here is every one (very small list) (pass on Nico Williams and his insane salary demands, pass on Gordon, Johan Bakayoko is a lefty, Eberechi Eze will be 27 next summer, so a no go for BlueCo)

every one is insanely expensive (£100m plus, likely, except for Simons, although IF Musiala refuses to renew, Bayern will have to sell), I doubt we even bother  

Florian Wirtz  
Jamal Musiala   
Rafael Leão  
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

Xavi Simons