Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

14 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Permanent makes more sense. I don’t think with Caicedo & Lavia he has a realistic long term future here. Barring a very very spectacular development.

@Pizy lets hope so. Paying £50m for someone they don’t want and wouldn’t have a clear and obvious role in our team here is a stupid move on all accounts. 

Well that isn't what it will be credited as. 

If we buy him for £50m on a 5 year contract and sell Gallagher It will either be: 

+£27m on the books. 

Or if both deals fall through: 

£0 on the books. 

The board apprantly look at this deal through this lens. £42m and £50m make little difference as the key for them is selling Gallagher. 

BTW, I do not agree with this, just pointing it our. 

18 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

. I don’t think with Caicedo & Lavia he has a realistic long term future here. Barring a very very spectacular development.

Enzo needs to buck his ideas up. His place could become very much in danger if he has another dross season this year. He is not living up to even half of the price we paid for him. Caicedo has shown a lot more than what he has. Lavia has looked very sharp in pre-season. Enzo needs to do more or the likes of Ugo would need to be tested in that midfield instead.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

He is not living up to even half of the price we paid for him.

And I wouldn't even blame the guy tbh. He had nothing to warrant his pricetag in the beginning, our owners getting carried away (initial offer was like 1/3 less and it was attractive offer) and a lot of fans going absolutely apeshit with him being future captain and better Fabregas for next 10 years to come isn't really Enzo's fault. This kind of pressure is what snubs young players more often, than helps them grow.

20 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

And I wouldn't even blame the guy tbh. He had nothing to warrant his pricetag in the beginning, our owners getting carried away (initial offer was like 1/3 less and it was attractive offer) and a lot of fans going absolutely apeshit with him being future captain and better Fabregas for next 10 years to come isn't really Enzo's fault. This kind of pressure is what snubs young players more often, than helps them grow.

He’s been poor mate. Ghosting through games. His tenacity for the game and passing was the reason we got him and both have been severely lacking.. thats without considering the price tag.  Football is like every other sport at the highest level, you have to deal with pressure. Thats why they are paid soo much money. I expect consistent output from my team at work and they get paid the smallest fraction of what these fuckers get paid. Fans make way too many excuses for these guys. 

Matt Law says that Gallagher definitely is flying back to London today. 

So yeah, that shit is dead. So I guess Conor is staying at the club then. Where and when he’ll play I have no clue since we’re so stacked in midfield.

Not convinced Toney would excel here. And the idea that this board would sanction £60m for a 28 year old seems super far fetched. 

I was open to the idea when we were first linked with him months ago but I think I’ve grown skeptical that he could step up from Brentford to a top club.

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Proper team under Roman, but we weren't competitive in the league since 2017... Won a CL with a good run, and that was a bandaid to a downfall that was happening for a long period. Look at the signings in the 5 years prior to Clearlake and tell me all the good signings. 

That was some "bandaid" right there. 😆

Yes, there have been very good signings even without including Kante (which is prob the reason for the arbitrary 5y), which contributed for the aforementioned "bandaid".

You seem to assume players will always improve and reach the level we require. The club evidently disagrees considering the number of signings being done this season.

Edited by robsblubot