Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Basically rocking back and forth in disbelief and pain that the club and fans as always go on a streak of sanity and then undo it with stupidity. I just assure with my life, it doesn’t take trained eyes to see Osi is far from a fit for how we play. Why do this. Why. Why. You throw away a load of money for when the ideal guy is finally clear, and take a flowing side and put a weird shape into it. I cannot get head around how people blindly trust PR and highlights after yrs yrs yrs yrs yrs yrs yrs watching the sport and knowing how angles work and don’t work. This is crazy. 

14 minutes ago, IMissEden said:

Basically rocking back and forth in disbelief and pain that the club and fans as always go on a streak of sanity and then undo it with stupidity. I just assure with my life, it doesn’t take trained eyes to see Osi is far from a fit for how we play. Why do this. Why. Why. You throw away a load of money for when the ideal guy is finally clear, and take a flowing side and put a weird shape into it. I cannot get head around how people blindly trust PR and highlights after yrs yrs yrs yrs yrs yrs yrs watching the sport and knowing how angles work and don’t work. This is crazy. 

I get what you are saying, but on paper Haaland was awful fit for city. A prolific goal scorer can fit any team. If Osi eventually comes we will se if he is one.   

Commitments and contract extensions that Todd Boahly himself made after taking over and part-time sports director:

Pre-signing in 2022 for 2023 of Nkunku £195,000 per week
-2022 Sterling £325,000 per week
-2022 W.Fofana £200,000 per week
-2022 Cucurella £175,000 per week
-2022 Chukwuemeka £100,000 per week
-2022 New Deal Reece James £250,000 per week
-2022 New Deal T.Chalobah £50,000 per week
-2022 New Deal A.Broja £45,000 per week

🏄🏄

Why Chelsea are annoyed after ‘intense negotiations’ with Trevoh Chalobah this week

GettyImages-2160606717-1-1536x1024.jpg

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/why-Chelsea-are-annoyed-after-intense-negotiations-with-trevoh-chalobah-this-week/

Trevoh Chalobah is running out of time to secure a move away from Chelsea after being frozen out of the first-team picture this summer.

For Chelsea defender Trevoh Chalobah, he’s got until the summer transfer window closes this Friday to find himself a new club if he wants to be playing first-team football this season.

Many fans feel the 25-year-old centre-back is more than good enough to contribute to Enzo Maresca’s side, but he’s been isolated from the senior squad since the start of pre-season.

GiveMeSport recently reported that Chalobah is one of several players Chelsea want gone before the window shuts, but time is quickly running out to finalise summer deals.

It’s now been claimed that the club are infuriated after talks with the Englishman this week.

GettyImages-2163952586-912x1140.jpg

Chelsea frustrated after Trevoh Chalobah discussions this week

According to journalist Simon Phillips via Substack, Chelsea held ‘intense negotiations’ with Chalobah yesterday (Tuesday).

It is explained that the central defender has rejected all approaches from the clubs who have shown interest in him, namely Nottingham Forest, Atalanta, and Crystal Palace.

Apparently, this has annoyed Chelsea because they’ve accepted three different offers for Chalobah in the last seven days. They’ve firmly told the player that he won’t play senior football until January if he stays put.

Fingers crossed Trevoh Chalobah gets a move he wants

Chalobah is well within his rights to sit and wait for a suitable transfer to come along, especially because he’s still under contract until 2028. It’s understandable that Chelsea are frustrated when they’re trying to get the academy graduate out the exit doors, though.

It would be a gigantic shame if the centre-half stays put this summer and is resigned to months away from first-team football. When he was fit and firing at the back end of last season, he proved he’s a quality Premier League defender.

We’re surprised a big club hasn’t come in for Chalobah yet and sensed a great opportunity to snap up a quality player, so let’s see what happens in the final three days of the window.

If Sterling completes Manchester United transfer, he will become the first player in English football history to play for Liverpool, Manchester City, and Manchester United, not even mentioning Chelsea with whom United have a competitive rivalry.

Something will give today with VO, I'm betting by late tonight we will have concrete info that we have either advanced the deal or have completely backed off and are on to other options. It's Wednesday now, talks today continue, after today tow days to get it over the line, that includes him coming to London so today is a big day for me

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Something will give today with VO, I'm betting by late tonight we will have concrete info that we have either advanced the deal or have completely backed off and are on to other options. It's Wednesday now, talks today continue, after today tow days to get it over the line, that includes him coming to London so today is a big day for me

Hope so. Really don’t think it would be wise to let such a big deal in such an important position go to the final hours of the window. If anything happens and the deal collapses or PSG suddenly jump in and turn his head it would completely fuck us and we end up with nobody to pivot to.

So hopefully the club will have told Osimhen/his agent that we need a definitive answer today/tomorrow. If we can’t settle it by then we’ll have a little bit of time to go for Toney I guess.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Hope so. Really don’t think it would be wise to let such a big deal in such an important position go to the final hours of the window. If anything happens and the deal collapses or PSG suddenly jump in and turn his head it would completely fuck us and we end up with nobody to pivot to.

So hopefully the club will have told Osimhen/his agent that we need a definitive answer today/tomorrow. If we can’t settle it by then we’ll have a little bit of time to go for Toney I guess.

Exactly, it's all about realistic time scales and there is not much time if we are changing tact. 

39 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If anything happens and the deal collapses or PSG suddenly jump in and turn his head it would completely fuck us and we end up with nobody to pivot to.

PSG have had the whole transfer window to convince him, but they haven't even bid for him. 😆

At this point, he's either coming to the PL or he'll be forced to accept the Saudi deal. 

52 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Realistically, if it's not VO and we end up with Toney or even worse like DCL at Everton....what a waste of a transfer window 🤬

The key and importance of today is apparently personal terms, if we can get that green lighted then the rest is straight forward. We have to get Osimhen to accept on our terms and the price with Napoli is an easy bridge to gap as they need to get rid of him.  If the gap in what he is on and what we want to pay that can be made up in bonuses added into the deal, interesting hours ahead.

Has anyone here watched VO in great depth? 

I see a lot of things that can go wrong, but I definitely see someone who can light it up as well. 

I don't see the same issues as I do with Rom as he is a much, much harder worker and a pressing machine. But his finishing seems iffy at times, and comes across clumsy and unrefined in a lot of areas. Or maybe I'm wrong and it just looks unconventional?