Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

we are in the stronger position. We can afford both if we want Liverpool can only afford one, most probably only Lavia. If there even is  a liverpool bid for Caicedo we have a free run at lavia. As long as there isn’t we can just wait and till pool show their cards. 

Exactly- If they want a bidding war you don't go up against us.

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Kinsella saying we want both Caicedo and Lavia. If we move to 4-3-3 Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, Adams, Santos. Sell Gallagher.

Still think that Lavia bid was a strategic move by us. I mean he was available all summer. 

I watch all the USMNT games. Adams is very good in them, but I do not know how that will translate to the PL? It is against low level teams. He does do one thing much better than Pulisic. Pulisic usually has his back to the forward players when receiving the ball and has no idea what is unfolding ahead of him. Adams positions himself to receive the ball and pass it immediately. On the USMNT, he rarely kicks it back like Pulisic does so much. It will be interesting to see what he does? Mexico hates him, he shreds their midfield and stones their attack.

With Adams signing it’s one of Lavia or Caicedo. Remember that we still need an attacker of some sort who can score goals before this window closes.  Maybe another keeper as well if Kepa goes. So anyone thinking we will sign both Caicedo and Lavia now is mad, imo.

Just now, Pizy said:

With Adams signing it’s one of Lavia or Caicedo. Remember that we still need an attacker of some sort who can score goals before this window closes.  Maybe another keeper as well if Kepa goes. So anyone thinking we will sign both Caicedo and Lavia now is mad, imo.

Forget another attacker get both Caicedo and Lavia.

10 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I watch all the USMNT games. Adams is very good in them, but I do not know how that will translate to the PL? It is against low level teams. He does do one thing much better than Pulisic. Pulisic usually has his back to the forward players when receiving the ball and has no idea what is unfolding ahead of him. Adams positions himself to receive the ball and pass it immediately. On the USMNT, he rarely kicks it back like Pulisic does so much. It will be interesting to see what he does? Mexico hates him, he shreds their midfield and stones their attack.

Their two totally different players and positions. So why would you compare them? 

6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I do not think we are serious about Lavia. The 2M short seems like a stall tactic to keep him from playing for Liverpool opening day. If we really were going for him, we would have done the 50M and completed the deal.

That’s probably the initial motive but can totally see us going for him should we miss out on Caicedo

as for the Bayern rumours there is no way in hell he moves their. Neither is Caicedo willing to play second fiddle to kimmich nor is Bayern gonna shed another 100m on the same window after Kane . They made a huge exception for that one. They would never do so twice and particularly not for a rather unproven player. Whoever made up this rumour needs their head checked. Probably it’s just Brighton last desperate attempts to make us pay up for Caicedo. You should expect every dirty trick in the book from them.