Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

removing Enzo (sob) and Bellingham (he was a pipe dream, so not coimh, he will end up at Real, or Citeh or, if the Glazers sell in time, Manure)

the remotely available CMF/DMFs left that I rate buying:

Bruno Guimarães (hard AF pull)
Nicolò Barella (hard AF pull)

so that leaves those 6 to choose from, it really is not that complicated (other than the Enzo heartbreak)

Moisés Caicedo like a poor man's Kante but with more scoring ability
Roméo Lavia  a wee bit of Makélélé and Essien (healthy) combined, although nowhere near those levels yet
Manu Koné (most versatile on this list, can play anywhere in MF, also maybe even an emergency winger, RWB (not fullback) or even an SS
Alexis Mac Allister very versatile too, I think he is great

Martín Zubimendi (the deep lying playmaker type of the 6)
Matheus Nunes (Pool wants him BADLY)

the only AMF/No 10 I want is Arsen Zakharyan

Sell Mount and replace him with Allister, big upgrade and lower wages and no money lost.

10 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Sell Mount and replace him with Allister, big upgrade and lower wages and no money lost.

Mount is worth keeping if we can get this team back to where it should be, few players in might be just what mount needs, he hasn't just turned bad over night.

there's no strong rb rumor anymore?
In my eyes reece james injury is one of the biggest factor why our general play regressed massively.
And please no more azpilicueta in our XI, replace him with young, energetic and proper right back is very crucial

Edited by dimmas

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Mount is worth keeping if we can get this team back to where it should be, few players in might be just what mount needs, he hasn't just turned bad over night.

For the wages he wants he isn't worth keeping even if he is in form. Good player to have in squad should be no way near James in wages.

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

For the wages he wants he isn't worth keeping even if he is in form. Good player to have in squad should be no way near James in wages.

A few seasons ago he got Chelsea player of the year 2 or 3 times in a row? Mounts an easy target here and it's not exactly clear why.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

A few seasons ago he got Chelsea player of the year 2 or 3 times in a row? Mounts an easy target here and it's not exactly clear why.

Agreed would be stupid to sell Mount. No real injury record of note and delivered over whole seasons. Just needs a good team around him and to grow his decision making a bit.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Agreed would be stupid to sell Mount. No real injury record of note and delivered over whole seasons. Just needs a good team around him and to grow his decision making a bit.

What did he deliver over the whole seasons, he never once stood out from the rest even when he was in form.

Guys like James make a difference even when the whole team is shit, Mount doesn't and never did. You have James and Kante miss a match and you already feel we're a worse team from the get go, you have Mount out and you barely see any difference.

Again for the reported wages he wants it's a stupid deal and everyone knows this.

9 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

What did he deliver over the whole seasons, he never once stood out from the rest even when he was in form.

Guys like James make a difference even when the whole team is shit, Mount doesn't and never did. You have James and Kante miss a match and you already feel we're a worse team from the get go, you have Mount out and you barely see any difference.

Again for the reported wages he wants it's a stupid deal and everyone knows this.

Yes he got player of the season Twice in a row for been completely invisible and not standing out. Great analysis 

Further more, we feel James and kante been out because we haven't got replacements, I thought this was common knowledge......

Edited by YorkshireBlue

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Four. We'd have beaten United in 2009 as well had it not been for Ovrebo.

true

Manure have always been fairly damn meh in giant euro finals and global cups

they should have only one European Cup (1968, their only dominant big final win ever) and one Champions League (1999) and have three losses, not 2 (2008 nightmare for us should have been the 3rd loss) Barca destroyed them in 2009 and especially 2011

they lost the first Intercontinental Cup they played in (1968), barely won the 2nd (in 1999, over Palmeiras, 1 nil, part of the yet another Palmeiras world championship loss, that is part of why that club is so obsessed with winning it, they are the only still giant Brasil side that has never won an IC or a FWCC)

Manure are the only UEFA team to not even make the semis of of a FWCC they played in (2000), and the year they did win (in 2008, when they never should have been there) was against one of the weakest fields ever, and they still barely won, 1 nil, against a really poor LDU Quito side 

they also are only 1 win and 1 loss in Europa League finals

and finally they are worse than us in the Super Cup

1 win, 3 losses and that 1991 win is pretty dodgy, as

Red Star Belgrade, the European Cup holders and vastly better side that season, was already being dismantled, with 5 star players sold off a few months before the Super Cup (but even then they were still the better side)

AND

the 2nd leg (the home leg for Red Star) was not allowed to be played

Manure scraped out a 1 nil win at old Shitford, with some dodgy ref calls going their way (there is a familiar chorus, lol)

and then UEFA stepped in when Manure was whingeing about security in Yugoslavia, and cancelled the 2nd leg and awarded the Super Cup to Manure (they should have just played it at a neutral ground anywhere in Western Europe)

so yep, not that impressive on the big stage overall, and that 2008 CL final REALLY would should have put them down further pegs as a big global club

Edited by Vesper

7 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Yes he got player of the season Twice in a row for been completely invisible and not standing out. Great analysis 

Further more, we feel James and kante been out because we haven't got replacements, I thought this was common knowledge......

There's been some pretty horrific agendas against Mount in the past which I've been the first to defend him against but now I feel it's going to too far the other way where even legitimate critisism of him is getting wrongly translated into 'hate'.

Edited by Tomo

2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

You know you lost the argument when you start talking about awards.

James hasn't won this yet and everyone knows he has been far more important for us than Mason, that's how much these awards are worth. 

If some of you would ignore he is from the academy and judge him as a player only, most here would want him sold asap for the wages he wants.

10 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

You know you lost the argument when you start talking about awards.

Yet your dying for us to splash out 120m on a kid that won the young player of the tournament award in the WC? Yet before he won the AWARD he wasn't mentioned at all? 

Compare James and mount and there wages all you want, at least mounts on the pitch half the time, James a brilliant player who is massive for us! But the guy needs to sort his body conditioning out asap, he's only young and his knees are worse than Silva's 

Edited by YorkshireBlue

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Yet your dying for us to splash out 120m on a kid that won the young player of the tournament award in the WC? Yet before he won the AWARD he wasn't mentioned at all? 

I never said we should buy him based on the award I wanted him because of his performances at WC and Benfica.

This is what you call a difference maker.

And if we actually signed him based on reports his wages we're gonna be around 200k no way near 300k as Mason wants.

59 minutes ago, Artandur said:

If we'd manage to get a pair between now and the summer window, what would be your choice?

Bruno Guimarães and Caicedo

if not Bruno

then Caicedo and either Lavia or Kone, BUT I do love Mac Allister too

Caicedo and Kone (nipping Lavia for now) call it

and that is NOT to shit on any of them

PLUS

Arsen at AMF is a must for me

11 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I never said we should buy him based on the award I wanted him because of his performances at WC and Benfica.

This is what you call a difference maker.

And if we actually signed him based on reports his wages we're gonna be around 200k no way near 300k as Mason wants.

Same has been said for every other expensive flop that's won that award. It's the same old shit every 4 years..Felix was the next generation talent to come out benfica just be happy you got one 🤣

Edited by YorkshireBlue

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Same has been said for every other expensive flop that's won that award. It's the same old shit every 4 years..

Nonsense, all his performances at WC and his double tie against PSG we're top class, if it wasn't for him it's extremely likely Argentina wouldn't even get past the group stages.

Meanwhile Mount needs a better team around him to be relevant and even when he does have one like England, he was one of the worst players on field against USA, no wonder he was dropped on the bench for the rest of the tournament.

Again I don't hate him, he has his uses in the team but for 300k or anything near this figure, it's just another lame board decision. Luckily for you and most who blindness love him, it's likely the club will give in and make him one of the best earners at this team despite not deserving it.