Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 hours ago, Strike said:

Something seriously wrong with the club and the way it is briefing the media - Coming away looking like idiots all summer and now in the director search

Almost feels like a sting operation to figure out who is leaking shit, given it turned out to be total bullshit.

9 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Club who signs him up will be a happy club. This guy is impressive on and off the pitch. Seems to be a leader at Dortmund despite his young age and the fact that this is only his second year overseas. Watching his interviews, he is always super calm and is a bright guy. 

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I have no idea why every negotiation is public knowledge from the get-go. Everything looks so amateurish. 

Because it is. They have no idea how to run a football club. Under Abramovich we saw none of this, there were deals out the blue from players we wasn't even linked with. The info that was reported by the press was purposely leaked as they saw fit. 

Everyone at the club top to bottom knew the score, if there was a leak it would be followed as close to the source as possible and they would be made an example of.

There's none of that now, people aren't afraid and see it as an opportunity to line their pockets. 

Back in the day when I had good sources at the club I'd post a lot of the info I got on here. The year that we moved on from Samsung, I had info on who was in the running to replace them and posted some mock kits with the sponsors on. That was my last inside info I provided as it was very quickly tracked back to the source and got messy!! If that happened now, no one would bat an eye. 

We seriously need to hope that they get some people in that know how to run a club soon. 

1 hour ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Because it is. They have no idea how to run a football club. Under Abramovich we saw none of this, there were deals out the blue from players we wasn't even linked with. The info that was reported by the press was purposely leaked as they saw fit. 

Everyone at the club top to bottom knew the score, if there was a leak it would be followed as close to the source as possible and they would be made an example of.

There's none of that now, people aren't afraid and see it as an opportunity to line their pockets. 

Back in the day when I had good sources at the club I'd post a lot of the info I got on here. The year that we moved on from Samsung, I had info on who was in the running to replace them and posted some mock kits with the sponsors on. That was my last inside info I provided as it was very quickly tracked back to the source and got messy!! If that happened now, no one would bat an eye. 

We seriously need to hope that they get some people in that know how to run a club soon. 

Christoph Freund would have plugged a lot of the leaks around transfers, and now we failed to get him.

5 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Club who signs him up will be a happy club. This guy is impressive on and off the pitch. Seems to be a leader at Dortmund despite his young age and the fact that this is only his second year overseas. Watching his interviews, he is always super calm and is a bright guy. 

Borussia Dortmund value 19-year-old England midfielder Jude Bellingham, a transfer target of Manchester United and Liverpool, at around £130m. (Athletic - subscription required)

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Borussia Dortmund value 19-year-old England midfielder Jude Bellingham, a transfer target of Manchester United and Liverpool, at around £130m. (Athletic - subscription required)

I've loved this player since Birmingham but I see ZERO possibility that we sign him. He will go elsewhere when he leaves BVB.

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I've loved this player since Birmingham but I see ZERO possibility that we sign him. He will go elsewhere when he leaves BVB.

I am pretty bearish on our prospects for summer 2023

No CL, if that happens, will fuck us hard

I do not think we have decent shots at most all of the top players who will be remotely available in 2023

I think the only ones we have a shot at (and many will be close to, or more than £90-100m) are

Declan Rice (but HARD pass at £150m)
Victor Osimhen (will not be easy)
Josko Gvardiol (and if we do not lock him up in January, our chances go down and down)
Moisés Caicedo (will not be easy at all)
Moussa Diaby  
Mikel Oyarzabal  (if fully recovered)
Kouadio Koné

I think we have little to no chance on

Jude Bellingham 
Christopher Nkunku 
Bernardo Silva   ????
Dušan Vlahović  ????
Lautaro Martínez ????
Florian Wirtz  (if fully recovered)
João Félix   ????
Rafael Leão ????
Sergej Milinković-Savić   
Nicolò Barella ????
Achraf Hakimi   ????
Federico Chiesa (if fully recovered) ????
Milan Skriniar  ????
Frenkie de Jong    ????
Alessandro Bastoni   ????
Theo Hernández  ???? (if we dump Chilwell, which is really unlikely) 
Jan Oblak  ????
José Gayà

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Is he good?

Not sure if he's ready to be a first team player for us right away but seems really promising at least. 13 goals and 16 assists in 58 appearances for Dinamo so far and he's been 17-18yo for most of that time. Plays midfield and LW so could be an understudy to Mount and Sterling?

Definitely worth a punt at the €15M release clause if a deal can be sorted out. If he develops into something good, the price will have been peanuts and if not, he can easily be shipped out for the same price later on. 

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am pretty bearish on our prospects for summer 2023

No CL, if that happens, will fuck us hard

I do not think we have decent shots at most all of the top players who will be remotely available in 2023

I think the only ones we have a shot at (and many will be close to, or more than £90-100m) are

Declan Rice (but HARD pass at £150m)
Victor Osimhen (will not be easy)
Josko Gvardiol (and if we do not lock him up in January, our chances go down and down)
Moisés Caicedo (will not be easy at all)
Moussa Diaby  
Mikel Oyarzabal  (if fully recovered)
Kouadio Koné

I like the look of Diaby, reminds me a bit of young Malouda on the wing, running at defenders at will, stretching the defense, adding that bit of physicality on the wing.   He'll probably have plenty of options to choose from if he does leave the Bundesliga though...

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I like the look of Diaby, reminds me a bit of young Malouda on the wing, running at defenders at will, stretching the defense, adding that bit of physicality on the wing.   He'll probably have plenty of options to choose from if he does leave the Bundesliga though...

He is one of the very few elite wingers who will be available in 2023. Plus he is a left-footed RW.

Chiesa, Oyarzabel, and Wirtz (more of an AMF) all had horrid injuries.

I fear we do not have the pull to grab either Leão or Nkunku (he is more of an SS and AMF).

Bowen has had a horrid start.

That leaves, besides Diaby:

Ousmane Dembélé, but now no longer free, he will cost €50m due to his new release clause.

Then:

RW Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

RW Yéremy Pino 

RW Hirving Lozano

RW Viktor Tsygankov

RW Ismaïla Sarr

RW Noni Madueke 

RW Nico Williams

RW Luiz Henrique 

LW Mykhaylo Mudryk

LW Cody Gakpo

LW Anthony Gordon

LW Allan Saint-Maximin

LW Pedro Neto 

LW Kamaldeen Sulemana

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is one of the very few elite wingers who will be available in 2023. Plus he is a left-footed RW.

Chiesa, Oyarzabel, and Wirtz (more of an AMF) all had horrid injuries.

I fear we do not have the pull to grab either Leão or Nkunku (he is more of an SS and AMF).

Bowen has had a horrid start.

That leaves, besides Diaby:

Ousmane Dembélé, but now no longer free, he will cost €50m due to his new release clause.

Then:

RW Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

RW Yéremy Pino 

RW Hirving Lozano

RW Viktor Tsygankov

RW Ismaïla Sarr

RW Noni Madueke 

RW Nico Williams

RW Luiz Henrique 

LW Mykhaylo Mudryk

LW Cody Gakpo

LW Anthony Gordon

LW Allan Saint-Maximin

LW Pedro Neto 

LW Kamaldeen Sulemana

Given Dembele's current form, i say he is easily worth that price. As for Leao we already have Sterling who occupying the same position, so spending more than £50m for him seems very unnecessary.

Edited by Blues Forever

6 hours ago, Jype said:

Not sure if he's ready to be a first team player for us right away but seems really promising at least. 13 goals and 16 assists in 58 appearances for Dinamo so far and he's been 17-18yo for most of that time. Plays midfield and LW so could be an understudy to Mount and Sterling?

Definitely worth a punt at the €15M release clause if a deal can be sorted out. If he develops into something good, the price will have been peanuts and if not, he can easily be shipped out for the same price later on. 

See him more effective as a CAM.