Bordeaux vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back Avram... lol

Lol not so much that desperte measure..though wonder what he's up to these days hmm

Bugger about Lampard though!

Its all kinda ahhhh.Roma need to win really then even worse comes to worse and we suck and draw then we go though on 9 ,be second though...

Edited by Laylabelle

Can I also say this...

...I do not want to see John Obi Mikel in a Chelsea shirt again! He is fucking useless!

I would go as far as saying that on a night where there were no outstanding performers, Mikel, Cech and Ivanovic were the only players who put in a shift, and that Mikel himself was arguably our best player.

I think the reason we did not win is because Scolari fluffed up his tactics. The mentality of the team was very negative in the first half - I think Big Phil expected Bordeaux to come out all guns blazing, and wanted us to stand off them and hit them on the counter. They didn't do that, and we had no Plan B. Second half was more of the same, although the goal calmed us down. The one time we actually managed to put a decent pass through in the attacking third led to a goal, and if it wasn't for Lampard's vision and Anelka's composure, we could be sitting third right now. Ultimately, its disappointing, but we didn't deserve to win the match, but at least we have got the chance to qualify. I'd take finishing second over having to play against teams from countries we didn't know actually existed in the UEFA Cup.

man of the match for me is Cech

without him we would´ve lost

bordeaux did really well

i think Mikel is the only real in-deep midfielder we have, and he is doing brilliant.

ballack - not good

lampard - not good as well

what the heck Ivanovic is doing ? - just kicking balls away

i don´t get it

what the fuck was going on there ?

i just don´t wanna get it

:thumbsdown:

trash Clush 8937480963240976738264 :0 blue%20scalf.gif

At the end of the day folks. We are bollocks, and if we go out of the competition altogether which is still possible, then we should have no complaints.

Something drastic needs to happen and happen starting against Arsenal. If we play like that on Sunday we'll get taken apart.

We had no width tonight at all. Cole and Bosingwa didnt get forward as they should have done. There was more creativity in my little finger than we showed out there tonight. We were second to every ball, totally outplayed, out passed, out thought...........the list is endless.

I think the reason we did not win is because Scolari fluffed up his tactics. The mentality of the team was very negative in the first half - I think Big Phil expected Bordeaux to come out all guns blazing, and wanted us to stand off them and hit them on the counter. They didn't do that, and we had no Plan B. Second half was more of the same, although the goal calmed us down. The one time we actually managed to put a decent pass through in the attacking third led to a goal, and if it wasn't for Lampard's vision and Anelka's composure, we could be sitting third right now. Ultimately, its disappointing, but we didn't deserve to win the match, but at least we have got the chance to qualify. I'd take finishing second over having to play against teams from countries we didn't know actually existed in the UEFA Cup.

I actually agree with what you're saying there, although I would have expected, even at 1-0 to see Scolari at least have the courage to bring on a defender on for a striker (maybe Joe Cole), and then "shut up shop", but even that's a dangerous affair in itself because you obviously have a bombardment of attacks coming from the opposition, and you just sit there wondering whether Chelsea are going to concede or not.

I just got angry when Diarra scored with that header, because he had acres of space to manouvre in as the corner came in, something which Chelsea should have immediately seen and dealt with, but they didn't, and that got me annoyed because it just looked so obvious.

To conclude, I'm not going to see Frank Lampard when I go to Stamford Bridge to witness a VERY important Champions League game!