Grant: Theres Life After Mourinhio

Good post. Before people accuse us of constantly barracking him -I will never warm to him -and will continue to despise his lies and sneaky way he came to manage a love of mine that has outlasted any woman. It grates that he's getting £2 800 000 a year of admission money for pretending he knows what hes doing.The Israeli billionaire Portsmouth owner Gaydemark brought him over from Israel as he was going nowhere in his own country. Once there he started his spying mission, hanging around, laying out the training bibs, and putting out cones for the players to dribble round. Redknapps first impression was one of disdain, saying he didn't know what he was doing or who he was. The players said he just stands around with his arms folded.This view of him later changed, obviously under Gaydemarks instructions, and once Redknapp knew Abramovich was bringing him to Stamford Bridge as ''Director of Football'' , Redknapp was saying ''He's a lovely bloke'' etc (inwardly smiling no doubt) :D .On the old forum I started a thread as soon as he came to the Bridge, that it was the death nell of Mourinho. And so it was, he watched, plotters plotted, and replacements were mooted for Mourinhos entourage. Basically in my opinion, Abramovich didnt want Mourinho to become Mr Chelsea, and as people and the press have surmised Abramovich wanted a more Roy of the Rovers free goalscoring team for his plaything.People can say ''it's water under the Bridge'' and 'what does it matter if we're winning ?''.Ok, this is because of what he's inherited, and his back up team of professionals.As far as progression, I would say we're standing still at the moment .Life after Mourinho ? I hope so, but this animatronic vegetable is one lifeform Chelsea could quite easily miss.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bow.gifbow.gifTwo of the best posts in the thread imo (pluto & FB). Totally sums him up really: a wannabe manager, hanging round shuffling cones and kissing arse til his mate throws him a lifeline. In terms of making headlines, who even knew he existed before he was linked with Chelsea? A few (unconvincing) wins under his belt and suddenly he's Billy big bollocks, taking cheap shots at one of the best in an effort to big himself up.
INSECURITY IN HIS POSITION
Nail on the head.

Gotta agree with misschief, Pluto and FB both made excellent posts there.Brought a tear to my eye tbh....... :) As time goes by more and more people are beginning to see what we have seen from day 1. Before there was the usual..."Give the guy a break" ...routine, but now the "Grant is a muppet" Fan club is gathering pace.He's even came out stating Joses ideas would be crap for England now......... :) .Does he never know when to back off :)

Good post. Before people accuse us of constantly barracking him -I will never warm to him -and will continue to despise his lies and sneaky way he came to manage a love of mine that has outlasted any woman. It grates that he's getting £2 800 000 a year of admission money for pretending he knows what hes doing.The Israeli billionaire Portsmouth owner Gaydemark brought him over from Israel as he was going nowhere in his own country. Once there he started his spying mission, hanging around, laying out the training bibs, and putting out cones for the players to dribble round. Redknapps first impression was one of disdain, saying he didn't know what he was doing or who he was. The players said he just stands around with his arms folded.This view of him later changed, obviously under Gaydemarks instructions, and once Redknapp knew Abramovich was bringing him to Stamford Bridge as ''Director of Football'' , Redknapp was saying ''He's a lovely bloke'' etc (inwardly smiling no doubt) :) .On the old forum I started a thread as soon as he came to the Bridge, that it was the death nell of Mourinho. And so it was, he watched, plotters plotted, and replacements were mooted for Mourinhos entourage. Basically in my opinion, Abramovich didnt want Mourinho to become Mr Chelsea, and as people and the press have surmised Abramovich wanted a more Roy of the Rovers free goalscoring team for his plaything.People can say ''it's water under the Bridge'' and 'what does it matter if we're winning ?''.Ok, this is because of what he's inherited, and his back up team of professionals.As far as progression, I would say we're standing still at the moment .Life after Mourinho ? I hope so, but this animatronic vegetable is one lifeform Chelsea could quite easily miss.
Had to smile at your love of Chelsea - lucky club!Yes you were right, Grant's appointment as Director of Football (funny we don't need one now apparently) was the beginning of the end for Mourinho and despite his protestations this summer that it would make no difference you knew deep down it would. Another buffer between him and Roman, another useless finger in the pie mucking up his work.And the only reason dear old Harry changed his tune about Grant was because he knew he was moving on soon and his attempts to worm his way more into the first team affairs were firmly rebuffed and it was back to chatting to players about the weather and putting cones out.He even had the nerve to try and share some of the success Portsmouth are having at the moment by saying a few weeks back how wonderful it was their position in the table and you could see this was due to all the hard work "we" had done. What exactly did you do Avram? Aside from spend time on your mobile phone chatting to Roman, putting cones out and trying out your new age psychobabble on bemused players who thought you a nice enough bloke but didn't have a clue what your were meant to be doing there?His latest dig that Mourinho's counter attacking style of football is now outdated as he Grant has done huge amounts of analysis on the subject (not by playing the game but by reading books and watching others of course) simply confirms what I have long suspected that he does an awful lot of chatting about how good he is without having done anything fundamentally astounding to prove it - and no I don't count wins against some of the competition we've had as proof positive we have landed ourselves the Israeli version of Wenger. Mourinho had a big mouth too and thought himself a great coach but he could afford to mouth off as he had actually done something consistently over time to prove that calling himself the big "I am" was acceptable. Grant has won little and done nothing to justify his jibes at Mourinho and the strange idea our style of play has done a 360 degree turn from September. We have thrashed a few championship league teams and City when they were in a coma one afternoon defensively. If we thrash Sunderland tomorrow you just know it will be aided by the poor quality of the opposition rather than our overt attacking brilliance.He has inherited Mourinho's superb team, drilled superbly to defend and attack when the opportunity presents itself, totally professional and eager to win for further glory - I doubt they do it to earn Grant's plaudits.That's not stellar talent in a coach weaving some kind of magic wand and making what is currently happen happen - it is just common sense. Edited by pluto

Had to smile at your love of Chelsea - lucky club!Yes you were right, Grant's appointment as Director of Football (funny we don't need one now apparently) was the beginning of the end for Mourinho and despite his protestations this summer that it would make no difference you knew deep down it would. Another buffer between him and Roman, another useless finger in the pie mucking up his work.And the only reason dear old Harry changed his tune about Grant was because he knew he was moving on soon and his attempts to worm his way more into the first team affairs were firmly rebuffed and it was back to chatting to players about the weather and putting cones out.He even had the nerve to try and share some of the success Portsmouth are having at the moment by saying a few weeks back how wonderful it was their position in the table and you could see this was due to all the hard work "we" had done. What exactly did you do Avram? Aside from spend time on your mobile phone chatting to Roman, putting cones out and trying out your new age psychobabble on bemused players who thought you a nice enough bloke but didn't have a clue what your were meant to be doing there?His latest dig that Mourinho's counter attacking style of football is now outdated as he Grant has done huge amounts of analysis on the subject (not by playing the game but by reading books and watching others of course) simply confirms what I have long suspected that he does an awful lot of chatting about how good he is without having done anything fundamentally astounding to prove it - and no I don't count wins against some of the competition we've had as proof positive we have landed ourselves the Israeli version of Wenger. Mourinho had a big mouth too and thought himself a great coach but he could afford to mouth off as he had actually done something consistently over time to prove that calling himself the big "I am" was acceptable. Grant has won little and done nothing to justify his jibes at Mourinho and the strange idea our style of play has done a 360 degree turn from September. We have thrashed a few championship league teams and City when they were in a coma one afternoon defensively. If we thrash Sunderland tomorrow you just know it will be aided by the poor quality of the opposition rather than our overt attacking brilliance.He has inherited Mourinho's superb team, drilled superbly to defend and attack when the opportunity presents itself, totally professional and eager to win for further glory - I doubt they do it to earn Grant's plaudits.That's not stellar talent in a coach weaving some kind of magic wand and making what is currently happen happen - it is just common sense.
Hithere are some who can see whats happened & whats going on now , and we are not scared to say so , most cant stand grant , by are slient as RA might be upset & move on & we would be in the shit ,? buy would we , yes hes done good things for cfc but wanting to pick players ( shevchenko ) , bad move , jose warned him & was right , the 1st wrong move , he gets rid of the best manager , ever , 2nd bad move , installs a the gimp who helped him , 3rd bad move is he the really doing the best for Chelsea , team & fans , or is about cfc is my toy & you will do all what i say , is that right peter "yes boss" , commitee "yes boss" , jose " fuck off what do you know about football " the best for ronman and grant , but not Chelsea .team or fan :)

Hiare the wheels comming off his stage coach , as thats the only coach he could manage , take yesterday 1 top player down against sundreland yes sunderland , who are whipped everywhere , we are at home , so on paper it looks like there lambs to the slaughter , 2-0 , yes i am a bit happy but we could not break them down , i am thinking more arsenal (soon) liverpool (soon) and blackburn ( soon) and we could not break sunderland down , my bells are ringing & not for xmas cheer , so what spin does grant put on things , "we played well " shall i go on and bring up how jose had 5 1st team down with injury , wembley , final f,a cup , man utd , they won our league days earlier , & roman on his back , pressure , real pressure and we won , so to me hes a god , but as i am a beliver in what he says "we played well" bring on liverpool & arsenal and we are playing well ...............

Well with Arsenal losing today, Grant bizarrely has the chance to take us level with Arsenal if we can beat them.This still doesn't make me in awe of what he has done so far for reasons I've already gone into. I don't even want to think what rubbish Grant will be spouting about how wonderful the new look Chelsea is and how amazingly we have recovered from our "bad" start to the campaign under Jose if we do win. :yay::yay: Jose never lost to the apparent genius that is Mr Wenger and depending upon injuries to both sides, if Grant doesn't muck things up with any strange new attacking team tactics we could continue that record.

Had jose still been in charge we would still have been in the same position possibly taken a point of united and won against everton..but it's no point crying over spilt milk just cause you know who did it, not that i like or adore avram, wont get behind him nor praise him for the clubs current status but i wont either get on his back, theres no point really, kenyon and roman knew the man who stepped into jose boots would always be hated and i believe grants just the scapegoat to stand in till end of season..

I don't want to keep going over and over this topic, but one thing that i will say is that once Jose left i would NEVER in a million years would i have thought that we would be where we are now, well in contention in the league and through to the champions league in top spot with a game spare......I think it would be fair to say that once Jose left given the turmoil and turbulence that was to come everyone pretty much wrote off our season. The fact that we are doing so well and very much in for every cup still means that the coaching team must get some credit for that...

Well with Arsenal losing today, Grant bizarrely has the chance to take us level with Arsenal if we can beat them.This still doesn't make me in awe of what he has done so far for reasons I've already gone into. I don't even want to think what rubbish Grant will be spouting about how wonderful the new look Chelsea is and how amazingly we have recovered from our "bad" start to the campaign under Jose if we do win. :rolleyes::( Jose never lost to the apparent genius that is Mr Wenger and depending upon injuries to both sides, if Grant doesn't muck things up with any strange new attacking team tactics we could continue that record.
Hiwhat a good result arsenal losing , thats 2 fold , are they going though a bad patch ? , & if so wenger will have them fired up for us , this is where grants work starts , it would be great if we won , but want a draw nothing else , so now its up to grant to take on wenger , teams , systems , subs , mind games .this is where i am , last year against arsenal home or away we always had a good result , i am going to arsenal , but i can see us getting beat , i will be shouting my head off for cfc as i am a supporter , but under grant theres to much " i am not sure " about grant & not "confidence" but we will see , come on you blues thumbsup.gif

with out being in the papers too much we are silently going about our business and are kinda the dark horses in the CL and the Prem now. i like that we are making ppl eat their words, we are definitely in with a shout at the major trophies and i think the management and the players are doing well ATM.

I don't want to keep going over and over this topic, but one thing that i will say is that once Jose left i would NEVER in a million years would i have thought that we would be where we are now, well in contention in the league and through to the champions league in top spot with a game spare......I think it would be fair to say that once Jose left given the turmoil and turbulence that was to come everyone pretty much wrote off our season. The fact that we are doing so well and very much in for every cup still means that the coaching team must get some credit for that...
Great post Esk and what I have been trying to say really, but you summed it up so much better than me. Some people have read me wrong, Im not defending Grant, Im just saying that my love for this club comes over and above what is happening at the moment. I can only see past this and watch the boys doing the thing thay do best, and thats making me happy by winning football matches. I loved Jose as much as anyone (what CFC fan wouldn't ?) But he ain't coming back and we have to move on.

Same!I mean long way to go but thought after that Man you game although not his fault that we'd be way behind the top 4 and struggle to get a top 4 spot.I think however if we loose Clarke things could change but for now still cant believe it.Thought a goal down against Valencia that be it but nopes

I REALLY hope Fabregas doesn't play on Sunday, he's Arsenal's motivator in midfield and highly dangerous to any opposition. Hleb and Flamini are also just as lethal so it would be good for us if they're out as well.Shame mini Maka could play against us unsure.png