Grant: Theres Life After Mourinhio

Sorry but this is what I mean about trying hard to respect Avram but every time I want to try and make an effort to do so he comes out with like this after the game tonight against Rosenborg:Again after the Rosenborg game the usual guff about our positive attractive football (okay this time it was!) but the dig about that opening game against Rosenborg. Funny he should mention the two dropped points there but he does not mention the lousy game against Schalke which we deserved to lose and came away with a draw after dropping yes 2 points!But of course that was under his regime so is totally ignored but we can have a dig about the Rosenborg game because he was sitting behind the guy in charge at the time.Like I said it's pathetic and so transparent and just reeks of total insecurity that he has to keep on mentioning Mourinho in a bad light and tries to cover over any deficiencies of his since then by simply ignoring them as if the games never happened.At least we are through and he can no longer use the Rosenborg game as a stick to beat Mourinho with, he will now have to rise or fall on his own results in the next round.Sadly in the premiership I guess he will still harp on about our poor start and how we almost should have given up things were so bad. I'll bet that's all we will hear about from him if we narrowly miss winning the league this year, it wasn't his fault it was Mourinho's.Why can't Grant just shut up so I can enjoy Chelsea without having to listen to his inane childishly spiteful views? He could take a vow of silence like Roman - now there's a man who knows the value of the spoken word - he doesn't use them often! There is life after Mourinho alright no doubt about it but Grant is hardly making me want to rally behind his cause.I'd rather rally behind the players, the rest of the coaching staff even Peter Kenyon than Grant right now.
Hiwell said , you are not alone in thinking that way , as is sums up grant perfect .even last nights result against rosenberg was the jose way , overpower as a team , its jose`s way with jose`s team

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiwell said , you are not alone in thinking that way , as is sums up grant perfect .even last nights result against rosenberg was the jose way , overpower as a team , its jose`s way with jose`s team
Glad I'm not alone, last night's result was a typical, physically over powering, counterattacking away win against poor opposition. We crushed them just like we always would have done with our power, superior talent and hunger to get the job done. Things coached into the team by Mourinho and now used very gratefully by Mr Grant.He's done the job asked of him no question but don't over egg the pudding, it already tasted great before he became the chef and no amount of Grant telling me how much better he has made the team and how poorly we were doing before is going to convince me otherwise until he gets his own players in and faces some tougher opposition.

He's done the job asked of him no question but don't over egg the pudding, it already tasted great before he became the chef and no amount of Grant telling me how much better he has made the team and how poorly we were doing before is going to convince me otherwise until he gets his own players in and faces some tougher opposition.
Did Jose ever have to make digs at previous managers in an effort to big himself up or did he just win support by doing a very convincing job (which he'd got on his own merit btw)?

Glad I'm not alone, last night's result was a typical, physically over powering, counterattacking away win against poor opposition. We crushed them just like we always would have done with our power, superior talent and hunger to get the job done. Things coached into the team by Mourinho and now used very gratefully by Mr Grant.He's done the job asked of him no question but don't over egg the pudding, it already tasted great before he became the chef and no amount of Grant telling me how much better he has made the team and how poorly we were doing before is going to convince me otherwise until he gets his own players in and faces some tougher opposition.
Hii could not agree more , i will never like him because of what he did , & to try to slate jose a winner of cups & leagues , i dont think not , he is out manager that i must take , then carry on building this " new way" big joke

im sure grant didn't mean much by saying that, i think he was just happy about getting results and is hoping to get something more from that game then the last. why is everyone going crazy?
Because its bad enough the way he got the job but to try and put a manager of Jose's calibre down is a total joke, not to mention downright bloody disrespectful to the many supporters who still respect and admire what he did for the club.

Because its bad enough the way he got the job but to try and put a manager of Jose's calibre down is a total joke, not to mention downright bloody disrespectful to the many supporters who still respect and admire what he did for the club.
I just asumed he ment the Rosenborg game and a few before. its true we couldn't get the ball in the back of the net much then, and i know we arnt arsenal now but scoring must be good. i didn't see it as putting Jose down and if he did, do you really take him seriously?

I just asumed he ment the Rosenborg game and a few before. its true we couldn't get the ball in the back of the net much then, and i know we arnt arsenal now but scoring must be good. i didn't see it as putting Jose down and if he did, do you really take him seriously?
Oh I'll NEVER take him seriously.

I don't know if anyone else thinks the same, but I think Grant is really poor to react to matches with substitutes. He seems very keen to keep the players he selects in the starting XI on the field for as long as possible, and brings on substitutes too late on in the game if you ask me. I would have brought on SWP at half-time, but I guess he's a slightly more experienced manager than I :D

I don't know if anyone else thinks the same, but I think Grant is really poor to react to matches with substitutes. He seems very keen to keep the players he selects in the starting XI on the field for as long as possible, and brings on substitutes too late on in the game if you ask me. I would have brought on SWP at half-time, but I guess he's a slightly more experienced manager than I :rolleyes:
Hii am with you there , thats the problem as i see it , we are a good team and any manager would get good results , but when it is time to change things and tinker about , read the game !!!! hes to slow , thats where need a jose and not a grant , against most teams we will do ok , even to day against w,ham the goal was late comming and that game was heading for 0-0 , he put wright-phillips to late . but today we were lucky , but what about top teams ??? we have liverpool comming up so he will have to earn his keep , and even though i am a jose man , i hope he takes his chance , if not it means losing at home to the f****** scousers and the home record .even though i got my feelings , come on grant thumbsup.gif

Hii am with you there , thats the problem as i see it , we are a good team and any manager would get good results , but when it is time to change things and tinker about , read the game !!!! hes to slow , thats where need a jose and not a grant , against most teams we will do ok , even to day against w,ham the goal was late comming and that game was heading for 0-0 , he put wright-phillips to late . but today we were lucky , but what about top teams ??? we have liverpool comming up so he will have to earn his keep , and even though i am a jose man , i hope he takes his chance , if not it means losing at home to the f****** scousers and the home record .even though i got my feelings , come on grant thumbsup.gif
To be fair, a lot of people are looking at the 1-0 and saying we "only just" scraped it. Far from the truth. West Ham came to the Bridge witha gameplan, to get in some early, heavy challenges to rattle our midfield and disrupt the flow of our football which is always through Lampard. With him being manmarked and therefore having little time on the ball, we were struglging to get to grips with their style of play. Their defence was solid and they ever had two players on Drogba, so when he tried to flick the ball on 9 times in 10 there would be a covering defender there to intercept the winner. It worked brilliantly until we changed our game plan and went long ball, and then it took a simple movement of Cudicini to Drogba, Drogba to Kalou, Kalou to Joe Cole, Joe Cole to 1-0. West Ham couldn't react to the sudden change of play, and as they had been attacking moments beforehand, they were undermanned at the back.What I am trying to get across is that this was one of those tough games. First of all, it was a cagey London derby, you might as well expect this sort of performance when teams come to Stamford Bridge where they know they will be opened up eventually. We broke them down, kept them under sustained pressure, and it eventually paid off. So this 1-0 result for me, is a great scoreline and shows that whilst we now also have the ability to go on and win games with relative ease, we can also maintain our old skill of being able to take the game by the scruff of the neck, dig in deep, and grind out the necessary performance to get the three points.
Did Jose ever have to make digs at previous managers in an effort to big himself up or did he just win support by doing a very convincing job (which he'd got on his own merit btw)?
To be fair, no, but he slagged off Benitez for his and our enjoyment anyway. Edited by BlueLion

i agree he doesnt no when to sub and who for he seems to make sill subs just to try and make something work but it looks like he doesnt no what hes doing..

To be fair, no, but he slagged off Benitez for his and our enjoyment anyway.
yes lol but it wasnt to get him self a bigger name it was just the truth cos hes a fat dick

All respect to the Special One, but with the players we have, it wasn't at all likely we would struggle without him.
I never thought we would struggle but why are people giving Grant additional credit over and above what he deserves?The team are the same quality as they were before Jose left, instilled with his winning spirit and drive.Grant takes over.He gets players back from injury that Jose sorely missed.We start winning again as players pick up form and fitness and Grant is some magician?No he's taken over a quality team and has been smart enough not to mess with it too much and upset the players and as professionals they want to keep winning things.Nothing has changed in my view and Grant has done little to change much aside from thrashing the odd hapless team here and there more so than apparently we would have done under Mourinho.

According to some in the know, Grant is very loyal to the players out on the pitch, he will keep them on and not make a sub even when they are doing badly and the fans are screaming for a player to come off. He would rather wait and see if they can get better than make some snap change.No idea if that is true or not but when Belletti had that nightmare game against Schalke and stayed on the pitch I thought under Mourinho he would have been off but Grant left him on.He doesn't strike me as a person who makes quick snap judgements he would rather wait and see what happens.