Grant: Theres Life After Mourinhio

According to some in the know, Grant is very loyal to the players out on the pitch, he will keep them on and not make a sub even when they are doing badly and the fans are screaming for a player to come off. He would rather wait and see if they can get better than make some snap change.No idea if that is true or not but when Belletti had that nightmare game against Schalke and stayed on the pitch I thought under Mourinho he would have been off but Grant left him on.He doesn't strike me as a person who makes quick snap judgements he would rather wait and see what happens.
Hiwell i think thats his main problem , he waits to long , on sat against w,ham to crowd were getting nervous and started to sing for w.phillips only then he put him on , that tells me 20.000 see we need a change , but grant didnt. ????? did he plan to do it , or was scared of crowd feelings , so he did it .and the member who said 1-0 this is good result , yes at times ? but this was not 1 of them , first half we had 1 shot after 5 mins , 40 mins of nothing , 2nd half was better but no real chances , with 10 mins left , i was worried , my mate was worried , & 20.000 were worried , so we sang for phillips , we were crying out for change before its to late , a great goal , but we were lucky this time , it thats the "new way" give me the old way thanks , for us to have a good season its in our hands , we all know we got the team , but have we the leadership , cos its gonna get crunch time soon , i am not sure !!! but i will be there win or lose cfc in my heart thumbsup.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't make snap judgements because he doesn't read games well enough imo. And the more digs he has at Mourinho, the more he'll alienate supporters and the further he'll set himself up to fall.
Agreed....Joses decisions were based on having the game already played out in his head.....If this happens I will do this, If we score first we will do this, If its zero zero unsure.png ...at half time I will do this.Grants decisions are..... If this happens what will I do?, If they score first what will I do?, If its zero zero at half time what will I do?I know its taking the piss, but thats how I see it. In management terms Jose was in a different class, Grant strikes me as hes in the class with his big thick crayola crayons thumbsup.gif

Agreed....Joses decisions were based on having the game already played out in his head.....If this happens I will do this, If we score first we will do this, If its zero zero unsure.png ...at half time I will do this.Grants decisions are..... If this happens what will I do?, If they score first what will I do?, If its zero zero at half time what will I do?I know its taking the piss, but thats how I see it. In management terms Jose was in a different class, Grant strikes me as hes in the class with his big thick crayola crayons thumbsup.gif
Probably sums him up. Biographers of Mourinho and other managers have said there is no one in the game who analyses the opposition to the meticulous level that he does, and as you say, always has a contingency for the way the game progresses. This is one facet that they cannot replicate with a Pound Shop manager.

Probably sums him up. Biographers of Mourinho and other managers have said there is no one in the game who analyses the opposition to the meticulous level that he does, and as you say, always has a contingency for the way the game progresses. This is one facet that they cannot replicate with a Pound Shop manager.
Is it just the difference between being proactive and reactive or worse than that, the difference between being a master tactician and a clueless twat?Answers on a postcard please.

Agreed....Joses decisions were based on having the game already played out in his head.....If this happens I will do this, If we score first we will do this, If its zero zero :D ...at half time I will do this.Grants decisions are..... If this happens what will I do?, If they score first what will I do?, If its zero zero at half time what will I do?I know its taking the piss, but thats how I see it. In management terms Jose was in a different class, Grant strikes me as hes in the class with his big thick crayola crayons thumbsup.gif
Hi i see the same , cfc are a top 10 club who can lift the european cup , the games start the next round , and in the carling cup as we must beat livershit , these games will be close and won by odd goal , & a bit of special management . in the summer i thought this our year , we have the team & squad , we the onwer , we have the best manager , now i live in hope and not a sure thing , can grant replace jose , has he got the support of the team , are 3 or 4 waiting to jump ship all these ifs mean no sucess .i am still going , i love cfc ,but the jose thing has not gone yet , i wish he was more general grant come on you blues

He'll go down as the biggest joke since MacMillan "saying peace in our time". What sadly surprising is the majority of Chelsea fans who are willing to go with the flow, even though it was all set up to bushwack Jose. In one stroke, we became what every other fan accused us off being, a plaything, and the majority of weak minded liberal Chelsea just followed like lambs to the slaughter.Pathetic

He'll go down as the biggest joke since MacMillan "saying peace in our time". What sadly surprising is the majority of Chelsea fans who are willing to go with the flow, even though it was all set up to bushwack Jose. In one stroke, we became what every other fan accused us off being, a plaything, and the majority of weak minded liberal Chelsea just followed like lambs to the slaughter.Pathetic
Spot on.Thing is, atm they're appeased because although most of our results arent exactly something to crow about, we're not losing. But firstly, we were sold the line that Roman's problem with Jose was the football wasn't attractive enough and that this would change under Grant (even if most of us knew it wouldnt) and secondly, we havent played anyone of any note yet. What they're conveniently failing to acknowledge is that we're not playing any different, the results aren't any better, we're still off the pace and Grant's still an incompetent twat. Does anyone honestly believe he won't get well and truly found out in the next month or two? Congested fixtures, tougher opposition, injuries, ACON.........

He'll be a bigger joke than that. Because it was Neville Chamberlain. If you're going to quote English history CM get it right, it's like me saying that great Scotsman Mel Gibson saying ''Freedom!!''. :D In a way Its difficult to blame the younger fans, a lot have only supported since Mourinho -and have great trust and faith in the club. Us wiser *cough*, and older fans can see the club's been hijacked. Roman might have the right intentions, but he should leave some things alone. I reckon Israel asked for some payback or Jewish loyalty bonus -it's the only explanation for having the charmless charlatan.As Mischief said it's not if, but when he gets found out. Just a matter of time.

Spot on.Thing is, atm they're appeased because although most of our results arent exactly something to crow about, we're not losing. But firstly, we were sold the line that Roman's problem with Jose was the football wasn't attractive enough and that this would change under Grant (even if most of us knew it wouldnt) and secondly, we havent played anyone of any note yet. What they're conveniently failing to acknowledge is that we're not playing any different, the results aren't any better, we're still off the pace and Grant's still an incompetent twat. Does anyone honestly believe he won't get well and truly found out in the next month or two? Congested fixtures, tougher opposition, injuries, ACON.........
The Arse on the 16th will be interesting. He'd better hope and pray that all eleven players are 100% on their game or methinks we'll be well fucked.

He'll be a bigger joke than that. Because it was Neville Chamberlain. If you're going to quote English history CM get it right, it's like me saying that great Scotsman Mel Gibson saying ''Freedom!!''. :D In a way Its difficult to blame the younger fans, a lot have only supported since Mourinho -and have great trust and faith in the club. Us wiser *cough*, and older fans can see the club's been hijacked. Roman might have the right intentions, but he should leave some things alone. I reckon Israel asked for some payback or Jewish loyalty bonus -it's the only explanation for having the charmless charlatan.As Mischief said it's not if, but when he gets found out. Just a matter of time.
Chamberlain, MacMillan, all had brylcreamed hair and dour black suits so its hard to tell really :) but I indeed stand corrected...but it was nearly 2am!

I never thought we would struggle but why are people giving Grant additional credit over and above what he deserves?The team are the same quality as they were before Jose left, instilled with his winning spirit and drive.Grant takes over.He gets players back from injury that Jose sorely missed.We start winning again as players pick up form and fitness and Grant is some magician?No he's taken over a quality team and has been smart enough not to mess with it too much and upset the players and as professionals they want to keep winning things.Nothing has changed in my view and Grant has done little to change much aside from thrashing the odd hapless team here and there more so than apparently we would have done under Mourinho.
I see your point, but I have respect for the man. He's come into this job all of a sudden, not really knowing what he's in for. Whether its down to him or not, I don't know, but the players are fighting in every game again, and that fire and passion is what I love to see in a football match.

He's come into this job all of a sudden, not really knowing what he's in for. Whether its down to him or not, I don't know, but the players are fighting in every game again, and that fire and passion is what I love to see in a football match.
He knew exactly what he was in for, he was sitting in the background like a vulture waiting to feast. He wasnt brought in by chance.....This was a well thought out process in which no matter what Jose done he was gonna get the shove. And looky who we have just happening to be here....."Vultureman". Conveniently in the set up of the club, conveniently RA's mate, conveniently getting to know the team, etc....The team havent changed in terms of spirit and fight. He hasnt done anything whatsoever to me or anyone else to show that he has changed our style of to this so-called "attacking swagger" that he proclaimed he would do. Same team, same spirit, same style, same set up. The only thing different is that we now have someone who is trying to big himself up by slating Jose at every given opportunity.How does he get respect for belittling the most successful manager in our history ????

I see your point, but I don't really know what to think of things. Personally, I think if anyone should be accused of belittling Mourinho, it would most likely be Abramovich.
RA wanted the best and got Mourinho....call it a clash of personalities if you want, but they didnt get on. Jose wanted things done his way and vice versa. Now.....would you consider Grant being the next best thing?...I certainly wouldnt. Will Grant stand up to RA....?. Hell no. He's already saying "I want to play attacking football", which is what RA wanted Jose to do.And whats more, he thinks that having pot shots at Jose will make RA like him more....pathetic really :)

He knew exactly what he was in for, he was sitting in the background like a vulture waiting to feast. He wasnt brought in by chance.....This was a well thought out process in which no matter what Jose done he was gonna get the shove. And looky who we have just happening to be here....."Vultureman". Conveniently in the set up of the club, conveniently RA's mate, conveniently getting to know the team, etc....The team havent changed in terms of spirit and fight. He hasnt done anything whatsoever to me or anyone else to show that he has changed our style of to this so-called "attacking swagger" that he proclaimed he would do. Same team, same spirit, same style, same set up. The only thing different is that we now have someone who is trying to big himself up by slating Jose at every given opportunity.How does he get respect for belittling the most successful manager in our history ????
bow.gifbow.gifWell said that man.

...The team havent changed in terms of spirit and fight. He hasnt done anything whatsoever to me or anyone else to show that he has changed our style of to this so-called "attacking swagger" that he proclaimed he would do. Same team, same spirit, same style, same set up. The only thing different is that we now have someone who is trying to big himself up by slating Jose at every given opportunity.How does he get respect for belittling the most successful manager in our history ????
I too am of the opinion he will be found out in the end, but you say the team and style of play hasn't changed. Well you are of course right, but it wasn't ever going to change that quickly was it ? He hasn't brought any of his own players in and hasn't had time to change things around yet. I ain't saying respect the man, he has to prove himself and rightly so. But he isn't slagging off Jose really is he? Whats done is done as far as Jose goes, its shit definately and I hated it too, but you have to move on. I hated the way both Vialli and Claudio were treated, but as I say,things move on.

I too am of the opinion he will be found out in the end, but you say the team and style of play hasn't changed. Well you are of course right, but it wasn't ever going to change that quickly was it ? He hasn't brought any of his own players in and hasn't had time to change things around yet. I ain't saying respect the man, he has to prove himself and rightly so. But he isn't slagging off Jose really is he? Whats done is done as far as Jose goes, its shit definately and I hated it too, but you have to move on. I hated the way both Vialli and Claudio were treated, but as I say,things move on.
Aye but when Vialli and Ranieri were binned at least they were replaced by real football men, not some fucking puppet who must have known that he was going to take over from Jose at some point...and didnt have the moral fibre to say no. On that basis, without doubt the worst manager in our history, regardless of what trophy he flukes, And, trust me, we've had some proper pony managers.

he has to prove himself and rightly so. But he isn't slagging off Jose really is he?
Er........yes he is. Numerous times when ever he gets a chance he will have a dig. If I've to start a thread with digs aimed at Jose by Grant then I will. It would be different if Grant had won various titles and trophies before he took the post, then he would have a bit bite in his digs, but really....what has he done to even be mentioned in the same breath as JM.Feck all !!!The sooner RA stops playing the old pals act the better thumbsup.gif