Grant: Theres Life After Mourinhio

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't heard any, not directly anyways.
Me either, so if you want to start a "Grant slags Jose thread" Tri-Blue go ahead, but they must be actual quotes and I'd like to se the sources too. Because I as I have said am neither one way or the other about the geezer, but I have yet to see an actual quote from him slagging Jose.and CM if you were in the backroom staff and offered the job, would you not have taken it? Im sure you would have. For all we know Grant may not have known Jose was going to go in the manner he went (I agree its unlikely before you jump down my throat) but it is a possibility. Like I keep saying I am not impressed with this situation at all, but I do however only want to deal in facts and not jump on the he is crap/he is good bandwagon.

Me either, so if you want to start a "Grant slags Jose thread" Tri-Blue go ahead, but they must be actual quotes and I'd like to se the sources too. Because I as I have said am neither one way or the other about the geezer, but I have yet to see an actual quote from him slagging Jose.
Underhanded digs.......such as.....
Avram Grant: Earning respect - Chelsea.fc"Because this team sometimes do not understand what is positive football and what is not positive football wether it brings points or not. I told the players it is not one way""There is a lot to do to put Chelsea on the right side of football""Lets say we dont play long balls like they did before and if you see many goals of Chelsea from the past few games, they have come from combinations between many players."
And in the first post in this thrread.......
"The team is much better than two months ago. We play better football, create more chances, pass the ball well and are patient when we need, like on Saturday. I won't say anything about the past, but just want to learn from it. It's everybody together."
We've had players out injured...major players and now that they are back in the team he wants all the plaudits ????Dont think so :) Thats just a few that I've came across recently Edited by Tri-Blue

Me either, so if you want to start a "Grant slags Jose thread" Tri-Blue go ahead, but they must be actual quotes and I'd like to se the sources too. Because I as I have said am neither one way or the other about the geezer, but I have yet to see an actual quote from him slagging Jose.and CM if you were in the backroom staff and offered the job, would you not have taken it? Im sure you would have. For all we know Grant may not have known Jose was going to go in the manner he went (I agree its unlikely before you jump down my throat) but it is a possibility. Like I keep saying I am not impressed with this situation at all, but I do however only want to deal in facts and not jump on the he is crap/he is good bandwagon.
Listen mate, Money aint my god, if I was backroom staff and been offered it i;d have told him to stop acting like a cunt and do the right thing.This is my club, not some yid plaything

He has sly digs at Jose in most of his interviews tbh. Not sure what he thinks he'll gain from it and whether he really thinks he's convincing anyone, doesnt work for me though.
I see your point, but it depends how you look at it. There are no quotes where he has actually said "Mourinho is a poor coach, I will win Chelsea more than he ever could," or something similar. So whilst he may be making slight digs at TSO, he may not.

HiThe way i see it , a lot of cfc will say let it go, & move on , support the team , yes i am for that in a way , but what happened to jose still affects us fans now , but what fans are doing is supporting the team & not grant , fact is i have not heard cfc sing for grant as we dont want it to affect the team , but i draw the line when he trys to slag of jose , the more i think about it ,no so long ago under jose we had a vision of being top of europe , jose managing , RAs money , its not a dream it could have happened , & cos its been shattered my RAs ego , he should have let jose build the team , as he knows about football , and what he knows about is business , it should be simple , but no he has to get rid of the best manager we have ever had , & replace him with one of the marx bros ,am i upset yes i fuc**** am , so if grant wants us to stop briging up jose , do not slag him off :D

He has sly digs at Jose in most of his interviews tbh. Not sure what he thinks he'll gain from it and whether he really thinks he's convincing anyone, doesnt work for me though.
The digs are there, they are repeated after just about every match and they are obviously directed at Mourinho. They don't convince me one bit, in fact I usually groan, then laugh and switch off - he deserves little else but my exasparation.Another classic recently is the idea that when he took over he rescued us from our poor league position and that "no one" gave us a chance of being in with a shout of the title. And now he has personally turned it around and we are back in the chase again.Well now for the facts, when Mourinho departed we were 5th and 2 points off Arsenal and level with MU and Liverpool.And now under Mr Grant? We are 3rd with MU just ahead and 6 points off Arsenal!It's the way he tells em I swear. :D I have just seen the link to the Daily Mail article - that's what I'm talking about, a lack of respect!When Grant has won a Champions League, UEFA Cup, two league titles in England (not Israel thank you), FA Cup, Carling Cup (and lets not forget the Charity Shield - Jose never did!) then he can tell us all that Mourinho's ideas are outdated. I really have no respect for this man and his continued digs at what the most SUCCESSFUL manager we have ever had at this club did for this team.Grant is playing with Mourinho's team and winning and taking the plaudits accordingly.Grant has surived to the grand old age of what 53? And yet during all that time has never managed to win anything of much merit and strangely Milan and Bara showed no interest when he kicked up on these shores at Portsmouth as Harry Rednapp's unused underling. Harry hadn't a clue what he did either and so he liked him because he had no control over first team affairs and he probably already knew he was Chelsea bound any way.When he left Portsmouth it's strange given how many big ideas Grant has about his more modern approach to football that a host of big European clubs were not knocking on his door begging him to take charge of their teams.Funny that.Grant will earn my respect when he shows respect for our previous manager when he does have to refer to him.His constant digs reek of one thing - INSECURITY IN HIS POSITION.His views are also bullsh*t when he tries to being up facts to prove this dumb ass theories.Stick to playing with Mourinho's team Avram - you are safer in the dugout doing little than opening your mouth off it and proving your views aren't worth taking even remotely seriously. Right now supporting the team is easy, the manager I'll take a pass thanks. Edited by pluto