• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I know it works two ways and the players at times need to inspire the fans and do things to get the crowd up but the atmosphere at the Bridge feels like it gets continuously worse each year and there are very few times recently where the crowd has picked up our players and pushed them on like other clubs get.

It's strange because the atmosphere in European games has always been pretty excellent but in the league, especially in 3pm kick off games it always seems piss poor.

Our support away has always been excellent. I think it's an interesting point given our poor home form this season compared to away.

Its a big problem in the the whole of England as a whole even in the lower league's where you'd think fans would be more on it, I went to a Southend game earlier in the season and it made The Bridge even today look like Dortmund's yellow wall.

Some poor gamble from Lampard this match. Subbing willian was huge mistake.

We couldn't open Bournemouth the first half I thought Lampard would have a back up strategy but didn't seem that way.

Dropping points like these will come back to bite us when we are trying to qualify for CL.

With ban lifted I expected players to give more because if we go on and buy players it just means less chances for these youngsters. But it has turned out to be the other way around.

I didnt see need for subs in this match.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Fuck me if this continues top 4 is in huge danger imo. 

I do agree FL has to use certain members of the squad more. Giroud and Pedro prime examples. Not the best players but Pedro scored how many goals last season in all comps? Was defos double figures.... 

44 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I know it works two ways and the players at times need to inspire the fans and do things to get the crowd up but the atmosphere at the Bridge feels like it gets continuously worse each year and there are very few times recently where the crowd has picked up our players and pushed them on like other clubs get.

It's strange because the atmosphere in European games has always been pretty excellent but in the league, especially in 3pm kick off games it always seems piss poor.

Our support away has always been excellent. I think it's an interesting point given our poor home form this season compared to away.

Yeah, the east and west stands were pretty quiet today. At the risk of sounding biased, those are the stands which have the most tourists.

Dont think it's going to change much, until we expand.

On a side note. Knew VAR would rear its ugly head today. It's becoming my eternal enemy 

Paul Merson: "I watch Chelsea a lot and if you can get through the first 20 minutes against them, their confidence seems to go. They’ve got a lot of young players and they are easy to play against sometimes.The pitch looks so small for the way they want to play, it just looks to easy to defend against.

With Frank, it’s not a good day at the office for him. It was 0-0 and sometimes you have to swallow the pill and settle for a draw."

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

:lol: Having him would just paper over the cracks. 

100%. The club almost needs a season like this one to take stock of the situation and realise just where we are at present.

Despite the recent results, the young players coming through this season has been a massive positive and helped fill some big holes the squad had before this season. The signing of Pulisic also looks to be very good and he should continue to develop and get better in the future, and the signing of Kovacic was also extremely important and he has really kicked on this season (which should also be noted with the academy players and Pulisic that you would expect them to be even better next season for the experience this season).

But on the flip side it's quite simply not enough and we need more quality to be added. Whoever makes up the transfer committee at the club have done a pretty good job in the last 12 - 18 months after previous failures and I hope this can continue over the next couple of seasons because they will be vital for bringing in the right players.

23 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we lose at home to a Bournemouth missing half their team I'm banning everyone here<_<

Seriously, though, I be,I've this is another weekend where some of our rivals have tough matches. We ourselves have Spuds and Arse very soon so can't afford yet another slip up.

You called it. Serious note. Utter pathetic performance. Leicester dropped points. Bournemouth's injuries and even Harry Wilson got injured before kick off ffs.

We looked physically weak and did not get any foothole in the game. We just looked feeble and not willing to compete. Don't have anything positive to say about any of the players out there. Pulisic was not exactly good, but think Mount should have come instead of him as Mount was anonymous all game. Ryan Fraser roasted Azpi all game also. Azpi did not have the legs to deal with him. Sad to see such a good start come to a major stutter. It is realistic that by next weekend we may be not even be in the top 6. That can genuinely happen. With the form book, Spurs look more capable of beating us than we do of beating them. Hopefully that game gives motivation to the players and gets them to back their bloody ideas up.

The results are alarming. We just scraped past an under-strengthed Lille and we could easily be in the EL now, if they played their better players.

After this, there is no way Lamps will not be buying in January. Performances have dropped hugely.

I never thought I'd say this but are we actually better balanced and pull off our progressive style of football better without Kante playing?

Out of the games I look at as a blueprint to where i hope we end up when we peak (Brighton at home, Ajax away, Watford away) he hasn't played in any of them.

I never thought I'd say this but are we actually better balanced and pull off our progressive style of football better without Kante playing?
Out of the games I look at as a blueprint to where i hope we end up when we peak (Brighton at home, Ajax away, Watford away) he hasn't played in any of them.
I would say yes and no. We usually are technicaly better, but worse from the defensive point of view without him. I remember when Kante came back from injury (example against Pool) and he bossed the midfield in a big match. That Kante is undroppable.

Today, he was really poor. I would like to see him as our no. 6 with a little bit of freedom.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I would say yes and no. We usually are technicaly better, but worse from the defensive point of view without him. I remember when Kante came back from injury (example against Pool) and he bossed the midfield in a big match. That Kante is undroppable.

Today, he was really poor. I would like to see him as our no. 6 with a little bit of freedom.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

In big games at the minute I'd agree but in games where we're looking to be spending most of the game in the middle and final third, pushing up pressing and passing through the eye of needles I'd say the Jorgi and Kova are the men.

The first 80 minutes of Watford away is the pure blueprint for me, it was an absolute delight to watch. Kept setting pressing bait time and again and played out and through them with so much ease and whenever we lost it got it back unbelievably quickly. I think eventually the plan/hope is to be able to play like that even against the best (ironically how our lads did at youth level, rival sides including Sancho, Foden, Rashford, Trent couldn't cope with us) which in that case they would be first choice full stop.