Raphinha

the wes

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea and Leicester City scouts were both in attendances to watch Raphinha, according to Record.

Looks promising. But do we really need more young wingers? With Pulisic and CHO here for years to stay and reach the highest heights I would expect next summer we replace Willian and Pedro with some more experienced players like maybe Zaha. 

Btw nice avatar mate. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Looks promising. But do we really need more young wingers? With Pulisic and CHO here for years to stay and reach the highest heights I would expect next summer we replace Willian and Pedro with some more experienced players like maybe Zaha. 

Btw nice avatar mate. 

The question is how good Pulisic really is. He has potential, but right now, he needs to step up und get better. He was not a  starter last season for Dortmund and I would not mind getting a top talent. I don´t see that many good talents from our youth that currently are playing wingers (Castillo for me is a LB).  If that guy is cheap, we can´t do anything wrong.

Also, does Zaha want to come to us? I would not mind a winger partnership between CHO and Zaha. CHO as a left winger and Zaha as a right winger. But Zaha could cost us 80 to 100 mio.

17 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The question is how good Pulisic really is. He has potential, but right now, he needs to step up und get better. He was not a  starter last season for Dortmund and I would not mind getting a top talent. I don´t see that many good talents from our youth that currently are playing wingers (Castillo for me is a LB).  If that guy is cheap, we can´t do anything wrong.

Also, does Zaha want to come to us? I would not mind a winger partnership between CHO and Zaha. CHO as a left winger and Zaha as a right winger. But Zaha could cost us 80 to 100 mio.

Are the knives already getting sharpen for Pulisic? Yes, he needs to get better but let’s not act as if he has been here for years. He’s in a new league, a new team - a team that is undergoing transition no less - give him time, be patient. He’s only 20 after all.

Also funny you mentioned Pulisic must step up but the same wasn’t said about CHO. Let’s face it, he did well for us last season but it was pretty much only in the Europa League where the oppositions weren’t great. CHO has the potential, but he still has a lot to prove. 

It’s hard to predict our future first team players right now. We need Pulisic, CHO etc to step up - not just one or the other

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Are the knives already getting sharpen for Pulisic? Yes, he needs to get better but let’s not act as if he has been here for years. He’s in a new league, a new team - a team that is undergoing transition no less - give him time, be patient. He’s only 20 after all.

Also funny you mentioned Pulisic must step up but the same wasn’t said about CHO. Let’s face it, he did well for us last season but it was pretty much only in the Europa League where the oppositions weren’t great. CHO has the potential, but he still has a lot to prove. 

It’s hard to predict our future first team players right now. We need Pulisic, CHO etc to step up - not just one or the other

Pulisic has all season to show his skills and I give him enough time, but he has to show his worth. CHO did not play in his best position and still performed. Also, he is way more physical than Pulisic and CHO will perform if he recovers from his injury. Right now, it seems to me that Pulisic struggles with the physicality of the PL. Bernardo Silva for instance is more or less the same size as Pulisic and Silva showed way more at Monaco than Pulisic  did at Dortmund. Silva is way better at dribbling and can pass the ball better. He also seems to know when to pass at the right time and that makes a big difference. Let´s see how Pulisic develops this season. He needs to explode sometime in this season, or Chelsea will buy another player next season

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Pulisic has all season to show his skills and I give him enough time, but he has to show his worth. CHO did not play in his best position and still performed. Also, he is way more physical than Pulisic and CHO will perform if he recovers from his injury. Right now, it seems to me that Pulisic struggles with the physicality of the PL. Bernardo Silva for instance is more or less the same size as Pulisic and Silva showed way more at Monaco than Pulisic  did at Dortmund. Silva is way better at dribbling and can pass the ball better. He also seems to know when to pass at the right time and that makes a big difference. Let´s see how Pulisic develops this season. He needs to explode sometime in this season, or Chelsea will buy another player next season

Silva is also 25 and has been at City for 2 seasons, why are you randomly comparing those two?

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

Silva is also 25 and has been at City for 2 seasons, why are you randomly comparing those two?

Because Silva was a better player than Pulisic at Monaco when he was 22 or 23 years old with way more potential. At Monaco, he was playing really, really well and was one of their best performers. I always wanted him here back then. Sadly, we did not go for him

58 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Agree with you on Pulisic’s physical struggles but CHO was hit-and-miss in the Premier League last season. The comparison with other players is just annoying - each player is different and they adapt differently. And if we buy another player next season, it’ll be because we need replacement for Willian/Pedro rather than Pulisic (or whoever else) not performing. 

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Agree with you on Pulisic’s physical struggles but CHO was hit-and-miss in the Premier League last season. The comparison with other players is just annoying - each player is different and they adapt differently. And if we buy another player next season, it’ll be because we need replacement for Willian/Pedro rather than Pulisic (or whoever else) not performing. 

CHO was a hit and miss in the PL last season and that has reasons. First of all, he is not a right winger and rarely played there at youth level. He was used as a winger or as a second striker. He can play as a right winger because of his talent, but you take away a lot of his tempo dribbling and scoring abilities when he plays asa right winger. But he has very good crossing abilities, which he can use on the right side. Judging players that play out of their best position is what Chelsea fans did a long time with RLC. When he played as a no. 6 under Mourinho in the CL or when he played no. 10 under Hiddink or as a stiker when he played under Conte. People always criticised him and when Sarri played him as a no. 8, which is his best position for people who have not seen him play at youth level. RLC even was saying that he is a no. 8, but his coaches did not use him there.

That is one reason. Second reason is that last season he was playing with a shit Azpi and when you watch the games, CHO often was alone, while Hazard on his left side had Alonso or Emerson to give Hazard more freedom. CHO often times was just alone there and CHO is not Messi and will never be Messi. Azpi does a really bad job to give his right wingers more freedom.

If we are to get a winger, get someone in their prime say 27 or 28 who can come in and deliver. So the young guys can still get minutes and that we dont just have 4 wingers who are still learning and need to develop. Then sell one of Will/Pedro and phase out the other.

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

CHO was a hit and miss in the PL last season and that has reasons. First of all, he is not a right winger and rarely played there at youth level. He was used as a winger or as a second striker. He can play as a right winger because of his talent, but you take away a lot of his tempo dribbling and scoring abilities when he plays asa right winger. But he has very good crossing abilities, which he can use on the right side. Judging players that play out of their best position is what Chelsea fans did a long time with RLC. When he played as a no. 6 under Mourinho in the CL or when he played no. 10 under Hiddink or as a stiker when he played under Conte. People always criticised him and when Sarri played him as a no. 8, which is his best position for people who have not seen him play at youth level. RLC even was saying that he is a no. 8, but his coaches did not use him there.

Okay, CHO may have played primarily on the right side last season but wingers playing on the "wrong" side is not rare, is it? So, I don't think this is a case of fans judging a player playing out of position. It's just a case of judging players in the position they play in - a winger - regardless of whether it's left or right. Furthermore, a winger playing left or right is completely different to a midfielder playing in midfield. There are far more different roles, responsibilities etc in that position than playing as a winger - left or right. I don't disagree with your point on Loftus-Cheek, mind.

Just now, Jason said:

Okay, CHO may have played primarily on the right side last season but wingers playing on the "wrong" side is not rare, is it? So, I don't think this is a case of fans judging a player playing out of position. It's just a case of judging players in the position they play in - a winger - regardless of whether it's left or right. Furthermore, a winger playing left or right is completely different to a midfielder playing in midfield. There are far more different roles, responsibilities etc in that position than playing as a winger - left or right. I don't disagree with your point on Loftus-Cheek, mind.

I agree with you that midfielder roles can be quite different, but each winger has different assets. For instance, I would never use Messi as a left winger. He probably would play really good there, but he would waste a lot of his potential. Playing him as a right winger or false 9, or maybe the 10 role would be the best for him, but playing him on the left side where he can´t shoot that often with his left foot is not the best idea. Messi likes to cut inside, so does CHO. Ronaldo is the same. Using Ronaldo as a right winger would also be a waste of potential. Pulisic for instance is a winger that can play both sides and play both roles very good. Martial on the other hand can only play striker or left winger. He is really not a good right winger. CHO is a guy that likes to cut inside and shoot with his right foot and that is his biggest strenght. You can clearly see that he often takes too much time on the right side to decide what he wants to do. When he cuts inside as a right winger, he wastes a lot of time by doing that. His cutting inside move as a right winger is nearly not as fluid than his cutting inside move when he plays as a left winger. He dribbles with way more speed when he plays as a left winger compared to when he plays on the right side. The good thing about CHO is that he a lot of tools, so he can cross the ball or he can pass the ball into the box, but still his tempo dribbling and shooting is at its best as a left winger.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Looks like one potential target is off... Dont know how reliable...

I don't think this is true. No reliable or semi-realiable media have picked up on it. 

Personally, he is probably top of my list in regards to any potential AM signing. Chiesa is another I wouldn't mind if we do buy new players in that area. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You