Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Leandro Paredes

the wes

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Paredes is a a good footballer but can he do it in the Prem! His off the ball movement will have to improve. He has the vision and ability on the ball, thats for sure.

His a regista like Joriginho but with a better engine, he does not need to move as much. Plus he has all passes in his locker. This is the perfect month to blood him in with the Carabao Cup and FA Cup fixtures coming up soon. 

• Like 1

He looks like he would offer a bit more offensively than Jorginho just watching some of the videos. He looks a very firm striker of the ball. 

I haven't really seen him play before so for those that have a better idea of him than I do:

1. Is he only really capable of playing the Jorginho role, or would he be capable of also being able to play either of the midfield positions ahead?

2. What is his defensive ability in that deeper role? What is his mobility and athleticism in comparison to Jorginho?

3. What were the reasons behind him leaving Roma for Zenit? I know players will make such moves but it does seem a backwards step certainly for a younger player and I vaguely remember him being highly rated and linked with some good clubs during his time at Roma.

If this happens it would be a good move as he’s clearly a good and talented player. But to me I wonder why he’d go for the move, he’s clearly talented and could start at his pick of top clubs. Here he would be rotation player in a position Sarri barely rotates. Sarri already has a firm favourite who’s unlikely to be usurped for however long Sarri is here. 

I did think perhaps he’s just after the money, don’t know the circumstances into moving to Zenit but it well could have been a money move.

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

3. What were the reasons behind him leaving Roma for Zenit? I know players will make such moves but it does seem a backwards step certainly for a younger player and I vaguely remember him being highly rated and linked with some good clubs during his time at Roma.

I've read numerous places that his move from Roma was due to Roma's finances, a lot like when we got Rudiger.

15 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Shame not Barella...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We can still get Barella, Paredes is a DH DMF, Barella is a box to box and much more forward thrusting type.

Like a more agressive Kovacic.

• Like 3

This sounds mercenary, but I would love to buy Beralla, loan him back till summer (his wife is 6 months pregnant and soeant want to move yet), buy or loan Paredes for six months, sell him back to Boca in summer, where he really wants to go, and buy Sandro Tonali for DH DMF backup and eventual Jorginho replacement. Let Kovacic go back to RM, who will sell him to Inter. That way all are happy and Tonali does not have such huge pressure to step right up as a 19yo (he turns 19 in May.)

• Like 1