Jorginho

Unionjack

Italy qualified for the Euros last month and Mancini played Jorginho against Bosnia tonight...the full 90 minutes! :rant:
It should be a matter of when rather than if before club sides start putting their feet up. Call ups should only be obligatory where tournaments are concerned.

28 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Well, he did not play against Palace so it is good he keeps the game tempo before the City clash.

Yeah i never understand why people are so desperate to rest player's for extended periods. An odd midweek game in a heavy schedule fair enough but anything longer than a week leaves players short of match sharpness (for example look at the pace of the game in the CL final last season, was like pre season).

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah i never understand why people are so desperate to rest player's for extended periods. An odd midweek game in a heavy schedule fair enough but anything longer than a week leaves players short of match sharpness (for example look at the pace of the game in the CL final last season, was like pre season).

It's more about trying to make sure the player don't burn out in the long run. Jorginho has already played A LOT of games for club and country this season. While you're not wrong about that UCL example, that was 2 entire teams though having 2-3 weeks off though and it's obvious it would affect the performance level. This is just one player. Sort of an example would be Pulisic, who played only 1 game out of 5 in September but got into the XI after that and got into the rhythm straight away. 

25 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Need to remember how much running Jorginho does as well in his role. 

A muscular injury is bound to happen if he isn't given rest. 

I see the concerns but he just missed a game for us through a suspension.... Its upto Frank to manage him throughout the season accordingly because he will play more for club than country.

The regards to Italy calling him up, if Italy want to play him despite being qualified they can and he is fully fit so dont see an issue where I know there was regarding Ngolo due to his fitness at that moment in time. But again, Jorginho didnt play the last game for us before the international break so he would of had time to rest and while over the course of a season one game isnt exactly enough, he has missed other cup games as well. I think its perhaps just overthinking and expecting the worst.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I see the concerns but he just missed a game for us through a suspension.... Its upto Frank to manage him throughout the season accordingly because he will play more for club than country.

The regards to Italy calling him up, if Italy want to play him despite being qualified they can and he is fully fit so dont see an issue where I know there was regarding Ngolo due to his fitness at that moment in time. But again, Jorginho didnt play the last game for us before the international break so he would of had time to rest and while over the course of a season one game isnt exactly enough, he has missed other cup games as well. I think its perhaps just overthinking and expecting the worst.

Jorginho has sat out of only one cup game - against Grimsby. Was forced to play against United because there were no other options. In total, I believe Jorginho has played 21 games out of 24 for club and country this season. Pretty sure that's more than anyone else in our squad and we won't have the smaller cup games to rest him until the FA Cup starts in January either. It's hardly overthinking when people are concerned over a player's well-being, especially when that someone has played a lot in 4 months. 

22 hours ago, Jason said:

Jorginho has sat out of only one cup game - against Grimsby. Was forced to play against United because there were no other options. In total, I believe Jorginho has played 21 games out of 24 for club and country this season. Pretty sure that's more than anyone else in our squad and we won't have the smaller cup games to rest him until the FA Cup starts in January either. It's hardly overthinking when people are concerned over a player's well-being, especially when that someone has played a lot in 4 months. 

Perhaps but again, what do you want Frank or Mancini to do? He is undoubtedly a key figure for club and country. He has played a lot but I doubt it is really going to benefit him if he plays 5 or 6 games in a row and is then rested for 2 weeks or whatever. He is in good form, has got good match rhythm so interrupting that, which it will happen eventually with the festive fixtures/cup games, may also affect his performances.

The recovery time between games has been kind so far, obviously the fixtures are more crammed this time of year but I dont think he is any danger of being burnt out when we are only not even halfway into the season. If he was struggling with injuries or looking sluggish in his performances, then yes I'd see the point more but throughout his career at Napoli and here he has been pretty good for avoiding injuries and while that isnt always a guarantee, he played for how many years under Sarri who is notoriously known for a lack of rotation... and he was arguably one of the most key components of his side there and here.

Obviously the team will change for the games coming up and he will be part of that in some capacity but I still think its being a bit over the top its not as if hes breaking down. I really dont think Frank and Jody would have played him so much if they were as concerned about his fitness/potentially picking up an injury due to being overplayed.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps but again, what do you want Frank or Mancini to do? He is undoubtedly a key figure for club and country. He has played a lot but I doubt it is really going to benefit him if he plays 5 or 6 games in a row and is then rested for 2 weeks or whatever.

Italy have already qualified for the Euros. So, it doesn't make sense for Mancini to play him (for the full 90 mins) in dead rubber matches when you consider his workload so far this season. It won't benefit anyone if he picks up an injury due to fatigue.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He is in good form, has got good match rhythm so interrupting that, which it will happen eventually with the festive fixtures/cup games, may also affect his performances.

Sitting out of 1-2 games is hardly gonna disrupt anything. It's not 1 or 2 whole months. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Italy have already qualified for the Euros. So, it doesn't make sense for Mancini to play him (for the full 90 mins) in dead rubber matches when you consider his workload so far this season. It won't benefit anyone if he picks up an injury due to fatigue.

Sitting out of 1-2 games is hardly gonna disrupt anything. It's not 1 or 2 whole months. 

spot the fuck on!

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

But again, in my eyes, regardless of if their qualified or not, that would be like saying it doesnt make sense for Frank to play him against a lesser team here in the PL or what.

For all the NT games in a season as well, if youve got your best players avaliable surely it is in your best interest to use them to maximize the chance of winning? If he was carrying a knock or something I could understand them resting him. But he wasnt. He just sat 1 game out due to his suspension v Palace too so he would of been rested so to speak so Mancini is well within his rights to select him.

We can't be selfish in a way where we want Jorginho or any fully fit international player to be able to play most games for us and get rested by their NT even if they are qualified or not. It has never really worked like that. Mancini having PL coaching experience from his time at City as well he will be aware that players he selects from there will play a lot of competitions and not have a winter break. 

It will be more up to Frank to find time and solutions to rest guys like Jorginho, Tammy, Kovacic etc who will have amassed X amount of minutes.

In an ideal world there wouldnt be as many NT breaks but there is, so it will be a recurring theme all season, like England being qualified and playing Kane, Sterling etc when theyve played a lot as well this season. Its not just a Chelsea or a Jorginho specific problem.

I'm sure Jorginho won't play tomorrow. If he was rested against Bosnia too that would be 18 days between his last match and the next one against City. So I see no issue Mancini playing him. It's preparation game for Euro. Best Brazilian and Argentinian players just played friendly game. 

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I'm sure Jorginho won't play tomorrow. If he was rested against Bosnia too that would be 18 days between his last match and the next one against City. So I see no issue Mancini playing him. It's preparation game for Euro. Best Brazilian and Argentinian players just played friendly game. 

he is not injured so even if he plays some minutes I will not go bonkers

he is a world class athlete and has a great build for many minutes as he is not a smashmouth footballer who get into serious collisions play after play