Anthony Martial

Unionjack

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Hes just not motivated, Hes at somewhere that the manager doesn't want him and probably got told to play him.

Hes probably like Eden and needs that continual reassurance and a arm round his shoulders

Maybe?

I'm sorry but if your not motivated enough to play for a club like Manchester United, your not a dedicated professional.

Not being motivated isn't a flaw that is down to a manager or team, its down to the individuals mentality. Can't continually blame a manager like Mourinho (although he has his flaws, guys like Luke Shaw have had it extremely tough from him), who like Van Gaal also discovered, that Martial has flaws and perhaps his mentality is one of them along with inconsistencies in performances. The guy has not seriously held a consist run of form since he first broke into the United team and then for a spell in Mourinho's first season (this is coming from a pal of mines who is a big time United fan) and I'm sure most Utd fans would say hes been inconsistent largely throughout his spell there.  

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I'm sorry but if your not motivated enough to play for a club like Manchester United, your not a dedicated professional.

Not being motivated isn't a flaw that is down to a manager or team, its down to the individuals mentality. Can't continually blame a manager like Mourinho (although he has his flaws, guys like Luke Shaw have had it extremely tough from him), who like Van Gaal also discovered, that Martial has flaws and perhaps his mentality is one of them along with inconsistencies in performances. The guy has not seriously held a consist run of form since he first broke into the United team and then for a spell in Mourinho's first season (this is coming from a pal of mines who is a big time United fan) and I'm sure most Utd fans would say hes been inconsistent largely throughout his spell there.  

Bud youve seen enouugh times where Eden has looked just like that tho.Moping around, chin on the ground, hands on hips. Amd now he SEEMS up for it. Yet still no signature.

These players egos are very fragile. theyve had hangers on anfdagents,fans etc telling them they are gods and when summets not right they blow it up out of proportion.

Sometimes it just takes a move - or new manager!

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Name one player on Manure who is consistent game in, game out. There are NONE, not even De Gea lately. Nemanja Matic is as close as it gets. We have Azpi, Kante, and to a less extent Rüdiger and Hazard, and soon, I am sure, Jorginho and Kepa. Especially once they get used to the Sarri system. AC is also capable (I think many on here forget how good he was last year in a shit season) and Ampadu deffo looks to soon be there too. He is only 17 and already so polished. Kovacic should also get there as well.

11 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Bud youve seen enouugh times where Eden has looked just like that tho.Moping around, chin on the ground, hands on hips. Amd now he SEEMS up for it. Yet still no signature.

These players egos are very fragile. theyve had hangers on anfdagents,fans etc telling them they are gods and when summets not right they blow it up out of proportion.

Sometimes it just takes a move - or new manager!

Which again especially in the big games last season from December to March (when our top 4 bid really fell apart in my eyes) where Eden did this and had said he hadn't played very well afters, I was very disappointed a player of his calibre would let that affect him. 

You should always be motivated to play football if your a professional. If you aren't then your no use to anybody, regardless of how good or bad you are. Fair enough Mourinho and Conte wore thin on some players, Willian and Hazard especially but still they should be sufficiently motivated to play for Chelsea regardless. Just like Martial at United, that should be sufficient enough motivation.  Perhaps its not as black and white as that and we seen what happens when not only a few players but the majority of players who were in the starting 11 under Jose lost the motivation that year he was sacked and again under Conte. 

Sometimes a move helps but I don't think you can say hes playing poorly for United because hes not motivated. The guy lost his WC spot last season and didn't go to a tournament they won, if I was in his shoes I'd be chomping at the bit to prove myself to get back in that NT and the first 11. He should have all the motivation he should need. 

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kovacic should also get there as well.

Oh he will! ef1c6e5630d2236db42bcb93ec19d7bb.gif

I think like Sarri has said often it will take awhile to start working as 1 unit instead of individuals out of place.

Once that happens the consistency will rise for all the lads.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Which again especially in the big games last season from December to March (when our top 4 bid really fell apart in my eyes) where Eden did this and had said he hadn't played very well afters, I was very disappointed a player of his calibre would let that affect him. 

You should always be motivated to play football if your a professional. If you aren't then your no use to anybody, regardless of how good or bad you are. Fair enough Mourinho and Conte wore thin on some players, Willian and Hazard especially but still they should be sufficiently motivated to play for Chelsea regardless. Just like Martial at United, that should be sufficient enough motivation.  Perhaps its not as black and white as that and we seen what happens when not only a few players but the majority of players who were in the starting 11 under Jose lost the motivation that year he was sacked and again under Conte. 

Sometimes a move helps but I don't think you can say hes playing poorly for United because hes not motivated. The guy lost his WC spot last season and didn't go to a tournament they won, if I was in his shoes I'd be chomping at the bit to prove myself to get back in that NT and the first 11. He should have all the motivation he should need. 

Well of course I agree but its just not that simple is it.

Getting millions for doing what they want to do should keep them happy enough! And making the team should be enough motivation but like I said - egos and characters come into it too.

Just now, Unionjack said:

Getting millions for doing what they want to do should keep them happy enough! And making the team should be enough motivation but like I said - egos and characters come into it too.

But again a players ego for me is related to confidence. Not the motivation. These guys who have egos, the Ronaldo's, the Messi's, the Neymar's, the Ibra's even the Hazard's, the Bale's etc you would never ever ever question their motivation. Not one bit.  

Just now, Unionjack said:

Oh he will! ef1c6e5630d2236db42bcb93ec19d7bb.gif

I think like Sarri has said often it will take awhile to start working as 1 unit instead of individuals out of place.

Once that happens the consistency will rise for all the lads.

I am going to stop whinging about Alonso until (and if, hopefully not) he goes on a multiple game shitshow streak.

I think we are fine for now in MF, GK, RB, CB (except one short) LW

I just wish we had gotten one more quality CB (you know my list, Thilo Kehrer is my rage fail this window after Willian for Morata swap cock up)  AND the same real 2 nightmare positions (Striker and RW)

We have to just pray (I am atheist so that isn't going to work) Morata goes semi nuclear and Willian/Pedro combine for at least 20 plus goals in all comps.

If we never get Martial, and fail on Icardi, I really am in a quandary about striker.

Dybala, Mbappe, and Roberto Firmino are the only other ones who interest me TBH. I know, I am a nutter to want a top 7 striker (Martial COULD be top 10 or so I think) but I so NOT ever want to stop seeing us as trying to win the league and the CL EVERY season. Robert Lewandowski is even looking oki, despite his age (30th birthday in 28 hours). (but that IS an issue,and it is THE issue for Higuain)

12 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Oi!! THEY LIVE IN MANCHESTER FFS!!

Any semi sane person would go wonky and depressed, LOLOLO

Probably rot, but here it is

Manchester United manager 'Jose Mourinho asks Ed Woodward to sanction transfer'

Man Utd manager Jose Mourinho is reportedly keen to see one deal completed within the next two weeks.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-martial-mourinho-transfer-15055863

Jose Mourinho has asked Ed Woodward to sanction the sale of Anthony Martial, according to reports.

The Daily Star suggest the Manchester United manager wants Martial to be sold ahead of the European transfer deadline next week.
According to the report Mourinho has made it clear the French forward will not be in his plans for the new season and would like to see him sold while his transfer value is still high.

Mourinho is reportedly keen to sell Martial as soon as possible in order to ensure he has suitable funds going into the January transfer window.

However, the report adds that Woodward is reluctant to see any sale go through and has so far rejected the transfer proposal.

Woodward is rumoured to be keen on ensuring Martial proves his worth at Old Trafford and believes letting the 22-year-old leave would a huge mistake from the club.

Martial started for United during their 3-2 defeat to Brighton on Sunday afternoon but was substituted after an hour following a poor performance.

snip

Man Utd EXCLUSIVE: Jose Mourinho on collision course with Ed Woodward over Anthony Martial

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/724569/Man-Utd-manager-Jose-Mourinho-in-new-Ed-Woodward-plea-to-sell-Anthony-Martial

Starsport understands Mourinho has made a new plea to executive vice chairman Ed Woodward to sell Martial before the European transfer window closes next week.

Mourinho is adamant Martial is not good enough and wants to sell him to the highest bidder to raise funds to spend on new signings in January.

But Woodward disagrees with Mourinho and is holding firm by refusing to flog Martial for less than top dollar.

The stand off is creating more tension between the two and will do nothing to improve what has become a fractured relationship.

snip

If he is sold, we are down to basically 4 true under 30yo options (and 2 are contingent on the players having great seasons to prove they are viable) if Morata does not come good

Mauro Icardi 

Ciro Immobile (who will be 29 in february, so would turn 30 in middle of next season)

Timo Werner

Andrea Belotti

I am assuming players like Griezmann, Mbappe (obviously), Dybala, and Firmino are are

(A) out of our price range (unless we sell Eden for £175m plus (and that will be HARD, as he only will have one year left on contract if he doesn't renew)

(B) will not leave their current clubs, nor will their clubs ever sell them to us

(C) will not come here if we do not have CL

I will toss in a several 'glimmer of hope' young or younger (last 2 are 26) strikers, but holy fuck do they need to step up to the next level to be worthy (as of now, all these would be simply back-ups, and a huge step down from all above, with possible exception of Martínez)

Patrick Cutrone

Lautaro Martínez

Jean-Kévin Augustin

Santi Mina

Patrik Schick

Giovanni Simeone

Davie Selke

Mariano Díaz (21 goals, 7 assists for Lyon last year)

Lucas Alario

Willian José

Lautaro Martínez (turns 21 today)  is capable of this 

Lautaro Martinez vs Atletico Madrid (Insane Goal) 2018/19 HD 1080i 11/08/2018

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Probably rot, but here it is

Manchester United manager 'Jose Mourinho asks Ed Woodward to sanction transfer'

M

If he is sold, we are down to basically 4 true under 30yo options (and 2 are contingent on the players having great seasons to prove they are viable) if Morata does not come good

Mauro Icardi 

Ciro Immobile (who will be 29 in february, so would turn 30 in middle of next season)

Timo Werner

Andrea Belotti

I am assuming players like Griezmann, Mbappe (obviously), Dybala, and Firmino are are

(A) out of our price range (unless we sell Eden for £175m plus (and that will be HARD, as he only will have one year left on contract if he doesn't renew)

(B) will not leave their current clubs, nor will their clubs ever sell them to us

(C) will not come here if we do not have CL

I will toss in a several 'glimmer of hope' young or younger (last 2 are 26) strikers, but holy fuck do they need to step up to the next level to be worthy (as of now, all these would be simply back-ups, and a huge step down from all above, with possible exception of Martínez)

Patrick Cutrone

Lautaro Martínez

Jean-Kévin Augustin

Santi Mina

Patrik Schick

Giovanni Simeone

Davie Selke

Mariano Díaz (21 goals, 7 assists for Lyon last year)

Lucas Alario

Willian José

Lautaro Martínez (turns 21 today)  is capable of this 

Might be the straw to break the special ones back! Reports were Woody wants to keep him and read a report earlier said Martial wanted to stay now and fight for a spot.

real shame we didn't sort that Willian deal out specially as our season is looking what with Willian soon to be carving his name on the bench.

I'll put my hands up to admit I know none of the others but will bow to your recommendations.

But you're right about the lack of good young strikers. we have no chance in hell of signing Icardi sadly

Andrea Belotti said he wouldm't goto another club unless he was guaranteed playing.Isn't that why he turned manure don? And we got no idea how Moratas season is going to turn out. Lets hope e only need a good backup!! But yeah I'd have him.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Might be the straw to break the special ones back! Reports were Woody wants to keep him and read a report earlier said Martial wanted to stay now and fight for a spot.

real shame we didn't sort that Willian deal out specially as our season is looking what with Willian soon to be carving his name on the bench.

I'll put my hands up to admit I know none of the others but will bow to your recommendations.

But you're right about the lack of good young strikers. we have no chance in hell of signing Icardi sadly

Andrea Belotti said he wouldm't goto another club unless he was guaranteed playing.Isn't that why he turned manure don? And we got no idea how Moratas season is going to turn out. Lets hope e only need a good backup!! But yeah I'd have him.

I am NOT happy with our realistic options if Martial is sold

I dont trust Belotti will come good, and Werner is a roll of the dice at this point.

That leaves only Icardi (I hope not a pipe dream but probably) or Ciro Immobile (who again, to repeat, turns 30 less than 6 months after the window closes next summer AND if really unlikely to leave Lazio, especially when they sell SMS next year)

I rate Dybala over Icardi, but he is more of a secondary striker, and also,its fucking Juve, AND is he really going to leave playing with CR7 and the rest of that monster squad IF Hazard leaves???

NONE of those ten speculative I listed excites me in the least ATM, save for Lautaro Martínez, and Inter will be LOATHE to sell him as well, they just signed him, and he is their long term future.

We are so fucked if Morata doesn't come good. Its why we didnt sell him. No real options atm, unless we dump out between £125m and £175m and nab Dybala, or Icardi, or Griezamnn, ALL of who dont want to come here are are happy at their current clubs. We need bezos to buy us and just go WILD!! LOLOLOL

Bezos Blues

GK Kepa

CB Varane

CB Koulibaly

RB Sergi Roberto

LB Alaba

DMF Kante

Deep Holding MF Jorginho

CMF/AMF S-M-S

LW Hazard

RW Mbappe

Secondary Striker Dybala

Striker Kane

:D The new adds would cost £1B or so. Mass sell off at fair but not crazy prices would yield around £350m

total net spend around £650m

Bezos has averaged £215m wealth added per DAY for last 12 months

so 3 days gains pays for best club in world

Plus rush build (3 years) a new stadium (with Amazon drones dropping in supplies) on the other site. so we can stay at the Bridge whilst built so we arent a wandering gypsy team with no home

done and dusted

I am e-mailing Jeff now with the plan!!!

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am NOT happy with our realistic options if Martial is sold

I dont trust Belotti will come good, and Werner is a roll of the dice at this point.

That leaves only Icardi (I hope not a pipe dream but probably) or Ciro Immobile (who gain, to repeat, turns 30 less than 6 months after the window closes next summer AND if really unlikely to leave Lazio, especially when they sell SMS next year)

I rate Dybala over Icardi, but he is more of a secondary striker, and also,its fucking Juve, AND is he really going to leave playing with CR7 and the rest of that monster squad IF Hazard leaves???

NONE of those ten speculative I listed excites me in the least ATM, save for Lautaro Martínez, and Inter will be LOATHE to sell him as well, they just signed him, and he is their long term future.

We are so fucked if Morata doesn't come good. Its why we didnt sell him. No real options atm, unless we dump out between £125m and £175m and nab Dybala, or Icardi, or Griezamnn, ALL of who dont want to come here are are happy at their current clubs. We need bezos to buy us and just go WILD!! LOLOLOL

Bezos Blues

GK Kepa

CB Varane

CB Koulibaly

RB Sergi Roberto

LB Alaba

DMF Kante

Deep Holding MF Jorginho

CMF/AMF S-M-S

LW Hazard

RW Mbappe

Secondary Striker Dybala

Striker Kane

:D The new adds would cost £1B or so. Mass sell off at fair but not crazy prices would yield around £350m

total net spend around £650m

Bezos has averaged £215m wealth added per DAY for last 12 months

so 3 days gains pays for best club in world

done and dusted

I am e-mailing Jeff now with the plan!!!

All  this bollox about not being able to buy a winning team. I'd have it a good try with that lot.

Maybe have a word in Jims shell like!

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

THIS fail broke my heart

article-2163169-13BC4295000005DC-45_964xarticle-2163169-13BC42CB000005DC-344_102Battersea-Power-Station-as-Chelseas-grou2890c3ee0057d8a96104467bbcfdc973.jpg

I actually liked the thought of Battersea too as rebuilding the bridge is just so impractical even tho it would be amazing to be able to do it

One say maybe. But right now maybe our priority should be on the pitch.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You