Aleksandr Golovin

the wes

5 minutes ago, Stats said:

He must be thinking "what have I got myself into". Must be in regret now. He would have loved to work under Sarri imo. Monaco have been in a relegation battle all season and his season has been blighted by injuries. Has returned for past few weeks but only got himself sent off over the weekend in their drubbing by Lyon.

To be fair, who could have foreseen Monaco's drastic drop in form this season? Anyway, he made his own choice. So...

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

To be fair, who could have foreseen Monaco's drastic drop in form this season? Anyway, he made his own choice. So...

I mean in hindsight now, I think he would of loved to work under Sarri. 

1 minute ago, Stats said:

I mean in hindsight now, I think he would of loved to work under Sarri. 

I really did want him beginning of the season and yes I think he would have worked great with Sarri.

From what I can remember tho he is always better playing either left or right and he has been playing this season central.

But hes still young and hes got to bounce back from this swift.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

They have had insane injury issues

Danijel Subasic, their starting keeper, is out

Diego Benaglio  b/u GK, was out

Kamil Glik, starting CB just came back after a month out

Djibril Sidibé, starting RB, is out

Almamy Touré , b/u RB/CB, is out

Ronaël Pierre-Gabriel yet another RB, missed 3 months

Jean-Eudes Aholou Starting DMF, is out

Kévin N'Doram  b/u DMF is out

Aleksandr Golovin starting AMF  multiple injuries so far

Willem Geubbels  b/u LW (and superb young 17yo potential star) out (has been for 4 months now with torn hamstring)

Rony Lopes  starting RW, is out

Jordi Mboula  b/u RW, is out

Falcao starting CF was out earlier

Stevan Jovetic starting CF (when they play 4 4 2) out multiple times, out now

Pietro Pellegri (super young 17yo striker) is out

3 hours ago, Stats said:

He must be thinking "what have I got myself into". Must be in regret now. He would have loved to work under Sarri imo. Monaco have been in a relegation battle all season and his season has been blighted by injuries. Has returned for past few weeks but only got himself sent off over the weekend in their drubbing by Lyon.

He would of loved to work under Jardim too for a long haul. Sarri is a great manager but Jardim and Monaco have been influenital in the rise and progression of young/up and coming players such as Kylian Mbappe, Thomas Lemar, Benjamin Mendy, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, James Rodriguez, Anthony Martial, Djibril Sibide, Jemerson, Keita Balde, that fraudulent bastard Bakayoko.... for a young player thats pretty hard to ignore as well as the fact they won Ligue 1 ahead of PSG playing some exciting football. Sarri is a great coach too but for young players, Jardim and Monaco is just as attractive an option, probably much more in the long term. Theres no guarantee he would even start for us, with Barkley, with Ruben, with Kovacic.... so he definitely made the best move even if it hasn't clicked yet.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He would of loved to work under Jardim too for a long haul. Sarri is a great manager but Jardim and Monaco have been influenital in the rise and progression of young/up and coming players such as Kylian Mbappe, Thomas Lemar, Benjamin Mendy, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, James Rodriguez, Anthony Martial, Djibril Sibide, Jemerson, Keita Balde, that fraudulent bastard Bakayoko.... for a young player thats pretty hard to ignore as well as the fact they won Ligue 1 ahead of PSG. Sarri is a great coach too but for young players, Jardim and Monaco is just as attractive an option, probably much more in the long term. Theres no guarantee he would even start for us, with Barkley, with Ruben, with Kovacic.... so he definitely made the best move even if it hasn't clicked yet.

If Monaco get relegated, he should look into Borussia Mönchengladbach, as all they are missing badly is a dynamic AMF. If they lose Thorgan Hazard or Zakaria they will surely have the money. Dieter Hecking is a great developer of young talent too.

5 minutes ago, whats happening said:

wow guebbeles is in monaco? 'they' say he will be a world class stirkers...same as pellegri

Monaco complete €20m deal for Lyon wonderkid Geubbels

https://www.goal.com/en/news/monaco-complete-20m-deal-for-lyon-wonderkid-geubbels/1a506brwcdsq11n2nnlzhp96qa

19 hours ago, Vesper said:

They have had insane injury issues

Danijel Subasic, their starting keeper, is out

Diego Benaglio  b/u GK, was out

Kamil Glik, starting CB just came back after a month out

Djibril Sidibé, starting RB, is out

Almamy Touré , b/u RB/CB, is out

Ronaël Pierre-Gabriel yet another RB, missed 3 months

Jean-Eudes Aholou Starting DMF, is out

Kévin N'Doram  b/u DMF is out

Aleksandr Golovin starting AMF  multiple injuries so far

Willem Geubbels  b/u LW (and superb young 17yo potential star) out (has been for 4 months now with torn hamstring)

Rony Lopes  starting RW, is out

Jordi Mboula  b/u RW, is out

Falcao starting CF was out earlier

Stevan Jovetic starting CF (when they play 4 4 2) out multiple times, out now

Pietro Pellegri (super young 17yo striker) is out

And yet I've just read a post implying very strongly that Emenalo is to blame for their difficulties.

On 18/12/2018 at 10:21 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

And yet I've just read a post implying very strongly that Emenalo is to blame for their difficulties.

I wouldnt put majority blame on him, he has only been there 12 months.

He got around £105m for Thomas Lemar and Fabinho, who were going to leave anyway, £15m overall in sales £285m if you count the last part of the Mbappe deal with PSG, which was not done on his watch)

and bought a tonne of super you players for great prices

Monaco's downfall started well before he came in, other than Sidibe, and ageing Falcao and a marginal Jemerson/Glik CB combo (Lopes was too young to play much then) they had almost completely gutted that great 2016-17 CL semifinalist Mbappe-led team. Before Emenalo there, the only players of import (not prospects who are 16,17,18) they bought were Youri Tielemans (who has been a semi-bust, surprisingly, although I expect him to come good in a big way) and then Keita Balde, who is on loan to Inter (and doing well).

They have an incredible group of  thirteen (and more on reserves) 17yo to 21yos. 7 of them still teens, who may be worth £500m plus in 4,5,6 years.

These were Emenalo's first inbound transfers:

I sure hope Jonathan Panzo doesn't come back to bite us in the arse, he sure looked a decent talent at CB.

1b789770892f672e9edc296c0c2f7d18.png

If they get relegated, I dont think they will lose many of the veterans, maybe Sidibe, maybe Golovin. I dont think they go down though, Amiens, Angers, Caen, Dijon and for sure Guingamp are far less in talent clubs (there are others too).

Stade Reims manager, David Guion, is a miracle worker. he has them in the top half of the table with a squad worth around £46m in total! (on Transfermrkt) They might come crashing down too.

38 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I didn't say it is all his fault, but you think Sporting Director has zero responsibility when a team goes to relegation zone, has 13 point after 17 games?

24 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I didn't say it is all his fault, but you think Sporting Director has zero responsibility when a team goes to relegation zone, has 13 point after 17 games?

I have no idea who is responsible - I don't watch Monaco or follow their squad building activity. I just know that your post implied exactly what you say here that you did not say there. Well, ok, thank you for the clarification.

I also know that people who say our problem is that we don't have a DoF are not fully expressing their point of view. Their point of view can't be that just waving the magic wand of appointing a director of football will solve the problem. Look at Monaco. They appointed a DoF yet you say their problem is not solved. Again, what you say simply proves my point.

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I have no idea who is responsible - I don't watch Monaco or follow their squad building activity. I just know that your post implied exactly what you say here that you did not say there. Well, ok, thank you for the clarification.

I also know that people who say our problem is that we don't have a DoF are not fully expressing their point of view. Their point of view can't be that just waving the magic wand of appointing a director of football will solve the problem. Look at Monaco. They appointed a DoF yet you say their problem is not solved. Again, what you say simply proves my point.

I said it would be the first step to be run like other successful European clubs. I guess you don't want our club to be run like most successful clubs in Europe, you just want to call yourself right.

Emenalo is just a bad example for a DoF. Real had Zidane, Bayern has Sammer and the example you constantly bring up is Emenalo. I guess he was a player like Zidane and Sammer for you.

9 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I said it would be the first step to be run like other successful European clubs. I guess you don't want our club to be run like most successful clubs in Europe, you just want to call yourself right.

Emenalo is just a bad example for a DoF. Real had Zidane, Bayern has Sammer and the example you constantly bring up is Emenalo. I guess he was a player like Zidane and Sammer for you.

Now you're sounding daft. I'll reply fully in the board thread.

3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Now you're sounding daft. I'll reply fully in the board thread.

I sound daft and you are always right. This is how most of your discussions end by the way. You called Vesper a troll not so long ago.

2 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I sound daft and you are always right. Very mature from you.

You are the one who described my post as bullshit so don't go all coy now

I've struggled to get the right quotation organised in the board thread so I'll ask my question here. What point is it you think I have been making? You simply do not seem to have understood it at all.

30 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You are the one who described my post as bullshit so don't go all coy now

I've struggled to get the right quotation organised in the board thread so I'll ask my question here. What point is it you think I have been making? You simply do not seem to have understood it at all.

Your original point was that most people want DoF that he would agree with them. I don't think you can read most people's mind.

Most people have specific names in their minds for DoF. I know this from their posts. They want either a football legend or someone with proven record like Luis Campos or Marotta, but your example is always Emenalo who is in neither category.

Why do you think people always mention Drogba, Ballack or Campos? Do you think they know they would agree with them on every transfer?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You