JT Named England Captain

DavidEU

Well the appointment of JT as captain has (outside of CFC) divided opinion. The sad fact is that for the majority of people the prejudices that come with supporting a club carry over to the national team, which is why Lamps is disliked and why Terry is not everyones cup of tea!

Still all that matters is that it was the correct choice, i shall be at Wembly tonight for JT's first official game as captain of England under Capello. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Terry really doesn't deserve it because England failed to qualify for EURO 2008 with him as captain. I really believe that Rio should have been given the chance (although he's a wanker)

Edited by Joe Cool

I think that Terry really doesn't deserve it because England failed to qualify for EURO 2008 with him as captain. I really believe that Rio should have been given the chance (although he's a wanker)

The whole squad should be blamed for that, not just JT. And the manager as well.

Well the appointment of JT as captain has (outside of CFC) divided opinion. The sad fact is that for the majority of people the prejudices that come with supporting a club carry over to the national team, which is why Lamps is disliked and why Terry is not everyones cup of tea!

Still all that matters is that it was the correct choice, i shall be at Wembly tonight for JT's first official game as captain of England under Capello. :)

i agree with that - people see him as Chelsea's John Terry first and have already made up their mind that they dont like him but that's really their problem

at the end of the day i would want john terry on my team when push comes to shove (and i mean that club-wise mainly)

england better qualify for the WC or i'll personally go and sort them all out - for no other reason than who am i going to follow around if they aren't here :lol:

have a cracking time Esk ;)

i agree with that - people see him as Chelsea's John Terry first and have already made up their mind that they dont like him but that's really their problem

at the end of the day i would want john terry on my team when push comes to shove (and i mean that club-wise mainly)

england better qualify for the WC or i'll personally go and sort them all out - for no other reason than who am i going to follow around if they aren't here :lol:

have a cracking time Esk ;)

Yeahh I agree because i don't like Gerrard because he is a scouse or Rooney etc. but if they are good players and do England good then there's no problem.

But JT is the only man for the job he is a leader. I don't understand how people cant see that.

Haha i can just see it now pics of the England boys training or walking round and Yougs in the background with a camera and a big net :P

But to be fair JT didnt play in any of the games we fucked up big time in.We havent yet lost under him lol so not his fault.Gerrard was Captain when we lost

I'm made up for JT....I have to laugh at some of the bitterness of other supporters, mainly the Manu ones.

I understand why Rio was in the frame. He's a fantastic player, but he does have the tendancy to put his foot in it now and again.

Eg......During the press conference on gun crime....I dunno if anyone else picked up on this, but I laughed my head off when he commented....

"Well we have to look at the pros and cons of carrying a gun"... :whistling:

The penny dropped then he backtracked to corrrect his glaring mistake. Sums him up for me :smiliecap1:

Daft as a brush

Same old England

& James just went for a walkabout

LOL i thought that was the funniest moment

while watching the game i was thinking that Frank didnt realy wanna go forward and score :lol:

and if anyone else had scored that equaliser i would prob be pissed off :lol:

When James went walkabouts, who was on the goal-line? JT :)

I don't care about England anymore, I'm sad to say. We're just a laughing stock. Complete injustice to get a draw, the Czechs were absolutely brilliant, IMO. Cech and Ujfalusi were both brilliant, and what a goal by Marek Jankulovski.