Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

15 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, Mana said:
Of course she has the say in transfers. Who else in the board does it?

Supposedly someone behind the scenes none of the public know about.

He said she doesn't pick the targets, which is pretty obvious.

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
32 minutes ago, Tomo said:
He said she doesn't pick the targets, which is pretty obvious.

Picking transfers and getting players in fall into the same bracket.  

So Marina identify's targets over the managers, scouting team and even Roman? I find that very hard to believe.

She clearly does the negotiating but it will take very strong evidence for me to believe that she actually picks the targets 

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

So Marina identify's targets over the managers, scouting team and even Roman? I find that very hard to believe.

She clearly does the negotiating but it will take very strong evidence for me to believe that she actually picks the targets 

I also don't think there is much chance that she is doing the identifying... her workload would be insane if that were the case. I think it's more likely that the head scout submits a list of recommendations to the board, put together with the head coach. Now Cech will most likely be in charge of that.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Roman seemingly has very little say aside from the odd personal target (Torres) & the last scout I heard about in relation to the club was Arnesen. I've seen quotes from the latter over the last year talking about recommendations too. The less said about manager targets, the better.

Marina certainly has something to do with the Willian saga for instance and she seems to be up to it again with Baka.

Having said all that, @Vesper brought the actual timing of Emenalo's departure to my attention, which might explain the last wave of duds we signed.

1 hour ago, manpe said:
Now Cech will most likely be in charge of that.

This is what I'm hoping for, but that train of thought was also shot down by a few.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Having said all that, Vesper brought the actual timing of Emenalo's departure to my attention, which might explain recent duds that were signed.

We haven't really signed any duds since he's left. All our signing's since the 2017 disaster (which Drinkwater aside had more to do with Conte than people like to admit) have all been good all in all.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Marina certainly has something to do with the Willian saga for instance and she seems to be up to it again with Baka.

That's not picking the targets though and rumour has it she's pulled the plug because of the mess Monaco are in (fearing his transfer value would plummet) and the financial part is her fortee.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Roman seemingly has very little say aside from the odd personal target (Torres) & the last scout I heard about in relation to the club was Arnesen. I've seen quotes from the latter over the last year talking about recommendations too. The less said about manager targets, the better.

Carlo wanted Torres something Wilkins (RIP) since confirmed.

54 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We haven't really signed any duds since he's left. All our signing's since the 2017 disaster (which Drinkwater aside had more to do with Conte than people like to admit) have all been good all in all.

That's what I was alluding to, but we haven't exactly brought in the targets needed. I highly doubt Sarri requested Higuain 6 months into his tenure rather than day 1.

That's not picking the targets though and rumour has it she's pulled the plug because of the mess Monaco are in (fearing his transfer value would plummet) and the financial part is her fortee.

Sarri wanted Pulisic?  Who's rejected countless bids for Willian? 

Carlo wanted Torres something Wilkins (RIP) since confirmed.

First I've heard of that. Everything I had read prior pointed to Carlo's relutance.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Sarri wanted Pulisic?  Who's rejected countless bids for Willian? 

Rejecting bids for Willian isn't identifying targets to bring in, and if i had to guess the situation with Christian, he was scouted and Sarri was content, he said he was unaware it was happening when it did, not that it was happening atall.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

First I've heard of that. Everything I had read prior pointed to Carlo's relutance.

That was mainly a narrative a rival fans trying to make out Roman is a lunatic who makes life impossible, here's a link to the Ray quotes via Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/1bwuqu/fernando_torres_purchase_ancelottis_idea_not/

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Rejecting bids for Willian isn't identifying targets to bring in, and if i had to guess the situation with Christian, he was scouted and Sarri was content, he said he was unaware it was happening when it did, not that it was happening atall.

My view on Marina is that she has dealt with all/most transfer business since Emenalo's departure. Does rejecting bids not fall up "dealing with transfer business" as well? 

Neither of us have a definative answer on the matter, so there isn't going to be a right or wrong party in the discussion.

16 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

My view on Marina is that she has dealt with all/most transfer business since Emenalo's departure. Does rejecting bids not fall up "dealing with transfer business" as well? 

Neither of us have a definative answer on the matter, so there isn't going to be a right or wrong party in the discussion.

I'm talking about identifying and scouting targets, I am 99.9999999% sure she doesn't do that.

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Oh fuck off!!

Chelsea chief Marina Granovskaia blocks Tiemoue Bakayoko move to Monaco

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/21/chelsea-chief-marina-granovskaia-blocks-tiemoue-bakayoko-move-monaco-10604910/?ito=cbshare

She is a lost cause......she is a direct detriment to our future abilities and stature if she continues like this. She should have no fucking say other than sponsors, zero.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

She has the final say, if it aint rocking her boat she aint getting them. And if its not her ( I doubt that big time ) then why is the said person still in charge of these matters? Why isnt his ass fired?

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

She is a lost cause......she is a direct detriment to our future abilities and stature if she continues like this. She should have no fucking say other than sponsors, zero.

She has the final say, if it aint rocking her boat she aint getting them. And if its not her ( I doubt that big time ) then why is the said person still in charge of these matters? Why isnt his ass fired?

she needs to be sacked, as in yesterday (years ago, actually)

regardless of their 2 game start, Monaco is hardly a black hole for Donkeybaka to go back to

no fucking top 15 team wants him

AC Milan could really use him, he had a decent year there, and even they said NO THANKS

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

she needs to be sacked, as in yesterday (years ago, actually)

regardless of their 2 game start, Monaco is hardly a black hole for Donkeybaka to go back to

no fucking top 15 team wants him

AC Milan could really use him, he had a decent year there, and even they said NO THANKS

And yet Marina sees fit to block a move. It doesnt matter if its a loan move, we get paid a fee, his wages gets cut off for a season and he has no chance of gaming with Chelsea. So what do we do? We fucking block it.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

She does not need to be sacked, she is wonderful at her job when it pertains to players leaving. She’s essentially the main reason why we’ve made a profit these past several years. 

And also the reason we are so bare footed and have 1 class player in Kante. The reason we have no strikers and a shite squad that has no chance of top 4.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

And yet Marina sees fit to block a move. It doesnt matter if its a loan move, we get paid a fee, his wages gets cut off for a season and he has no chance of gaming with Chelsea. So what do we do? We fucking block it.

And also the reason we are so bare footed and have 1 class player in Kante. The reason we have no strikers and a shite squad that has no chance of top 4.

The day we become self sufficient (if we aren’t already), she has helped tremendously 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

The day we become self sufficient (if we aren’t already), she has helped tremendously 

Yeah at the detriment of our own success and performances on the field, which should be the top priority or very close to it. She is good with sponsors, she should have no say otherwise imo. Its not a coincidence we have so rapidly declined.

6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yeah at the detriment of our own success and performances on the field, which should be the top priority or very close to it. She is good with sponsors, she should have no say otherwise imo. Its not a coincidence we have so rapidly declined.

Do we even know for sure if she has a say? It isn’t even in her job description.