• Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Like Liverpool, Spuds don't really have more than one or two individuals that scare me but are so fantastically coached by their managers that they worry me more than say City or United who are loaded with top class players.

Their relentless pressing and feeding off of what will be a super hostile home crowd is our main threat. I don't know what a coach can do in training to prepare for the high press effectively but whatever it is I hope it's all we did these past few days. Really don't want to see us get rattled by an early goal like we did at home against them.

I don't think we will be rattled, we have recovered from so many adverse positions under Conte i can't see it having that bad an effect if they score early. 

We will win 2-0. They think they are gonna come out and smash us 5-0 in first 10min. It won't happen and they'll realize there's a reason we're top of the league. They will begin to tire out and we'll score late in the first and another later in the 80+ min. 

6 hours ago, manpe said:

Amazing isn't it? I can finally call myself an "old" Chelsea supporter, in a way. I started following Chelsea and football in general more closely around 04/05 by total chance, saw a random Chelsea match on TV and that's how it went. I remember that it was JT's steel, determination and Frank's intelligent, quiet but ruthless style of play that kept me hooked and wanting to see every game. And nobody can accuse me of glory hunting because I've stayed through thick and thin, no looking back. But I still remember those times.. for example Cech's head injury was like yesterday, then Cudicini and finally JT in goal :lol: Remember things like that as if it was yesterday, but it was actually a decade ago :blink:

true, i remember many matches and moments in the past 15 years like it was yesterday, for instance in the season you mentioned, i remember watching the 1-1 game vs Arsenal on tv, we losing 1-0 because of Flamini's goal and when Essien scored that screamer i was screaming like crazy, such a relieve at the time, because it looked like one of those games we would throw the kitchen sink at them and end up losing, after that equalizer we almost snatched a late win only to see Essien and Lampard hit the woodwork. Chelsea sure has given us a lot of golden moments during the years, sure there were some bad moments, but mostly great ones, ive been here trough thick and thin just like you and will continue to do so. Cheers mate ;)

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Anyone expecting a surprise from Conte? Fabregas starting maybe? I doubt it.

Wonder who he chooses between Willian and Pedro...

Pedro 100%,he prefers him over Willian. Plus he scored that screamer against them last match....

5 minutes ago, LegenTerry said:

Pedro 100%,he prefers him over Willian. Plus he scored that screamer against them last match....

True, but it's got to be difficult to drop Willian after what he did against Stoke.