Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that was pretty much the final act of the first half. Chelsea were second best for 44 minutes, but Pedro’s genius has levelled the match and given his side an almighty boost! Spurs will wonder how they’re not leading. But hey, this is the Bridge. Still, they should take confidence in how well they’ve played. This is going to be one hell of a second half. 

1 minute ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Funny how that will work. He will be cherished for it when he was, by far, the worst player out there before it.

better to be terrible and score a goal than just terrible! lol

let's make this game a tale of two halves...anything is possible now

We just couldn't deal with their high pressing and ours has been down the hill. If you look back, this is how we were at some points against Boro last week. It looks like something is not clicking anymore, the thing is, we still have average players in certain positions, that had been shining in a system that worked on their strengths and limited their weakness, but if one thing is not working finely, we are exposed, not because of the system or because of the opposition, simply because we have some average players.

I don't think Mauricio did anything extraordinary there. He played the way we were playing before the international break. We made their job easier because we aren't sharp as we were - which is even acceptable because no team is at the very top the whole time. Spurs are exploring our weaknesses, but I'm very confident we will win. I really want to see if they can keep that high pressing up for the whole 90 minutes.

This out-of-nowhere-goal gave us new life and it was like a cold shower for them. I think we have the edge emotional edge now and that might influence on their endurance to keep that high pressing - which must be praised, they were perfect in their pressing

2 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Funny how that will work. He will be cherished for it when he was, by far, the worst player out there before it.

I know. Conte needs to look past the strike, if he doesn't provide more in the 2nd half.

I feel Conte has to rearrange the front three. And place Pedro & Hazard more centrally so they can block the distribution to Dembele/Wanyama. 

What's the point of marking Wimmer/Walker, let them have the ball as their bound to make mistakes. 

The distances kante/Matic have to cover if they decide to close down Wanyama/Dembele is not efficient at all. I feel if we fix that, and then tell Alonso/Moses to press higher up field and meet Spurs's FBs, we could have a chance of imposing our will. 

So happy Pedro equalized, but that was a shit first half.  

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

The question is - could Spurs go on with their aggresive pressing all the way to the final minute or will they fade? The quality of the bench is certainly on our side.

They pressed like crazy for 60 minutes against City and after that they looked knackered. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

honestly I think Alonso was worse.

Matic wasn't good and Kanté far from great. Hazard wasn't inspired as usual and Costa couldn't do much. Our defense carried on from last week's shaking show.

So in a day things weren't clicking, Pedro was just another player who did badly, but I still believe Alonso was worse, he offered little to nothing defensively