Corentin Tolisso

Captain Ahmed

Leading European clubs are on alert after Corentin Tolisso admitted he is considering leaving Lyon.

The 22-year-old midfielder has been linked with Chelsea, Napoli, Juventus, Inter and AC Milan clubs and, following Lyon's failure to qualify for the Champions League, Tolisso is keen to explore his options.

He told Lyonnais newspaper Le Progres: "It was a tricky time, I was young and I still wanted to play for Lyon in their new stadium. There was the Champions League and I thought we had a good team.

"If there are offers I will study them with my advisors and my parents, then I will go and tell the president (Jean-Michel Aulas) that I want to leave.

"I've listened to his words, he's said there have been no new offers, so when we talk together I would like the situation to be clarified as soon as possible.

"Until June 13 I am fully focused on the French national team."

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

If Conte lands him, my confidence in his eye for midfielders will be raised higher. Conte knows his stuff when it comes to midfield as a former midfielder himself who played beside Zidane and Edgar Davids; and Conte even proved it with Juventus bringing vidal, Pogba and Pirlo and gave them the top 3 midfielders in Europe. 

Hopefully Conte still has that eye for midfielders because I'll trust him 100% with who he wants 

Corentin Tolisso: "For my progression, I want to play in the Champions League again." [Les Progres]

Chelsea will use their meeting with Lyon president Aulas about deals for Traore and Zouma to enquire about Corentin Tolisso. [L'Equipe]

9a580.jpg

I am starting to come round to the idea that Tolisso might be a better signing than Bakayoko. He is more adaptable to slightly different positions. Both would be excellent signings, and if we got both and off-loaded Matic, or got one and kept Matic I'd be happy...

11 minutes ago, ILoveLamp said:

I am starting to come round to the idea that Tolisso might be a better signing than Bakayoko. He is more adaptable to slightly different positions. Both would be excellent signings, and if we got both and off-loaded Matic, or got one and kept Matic I'd be happy...

Both is a dream situation! I would be excited to get either Bakayoko or Tolisso, i haven't watched alot of Tolisso but reading reports and listening to peoples opinion I trust he would be a magnificent signing. If we manage to lock both of them up and have Kante our midfield would look mighty formidable all while having loads of room to grow and improve as they mature. It also leaves room for Lew Baker to come back and compete for the fabregas role.

22 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

Is he like Dembele?

I was watching Bakayoko clips and I saw a Dembele-esque possibility. Dembele is physical and aggressive while being skillful dribbling the ball, his passing is okay but not devastating. He mainly disrupts through physicality and dribbling, those are two of bakayokos strength. I could be way off base but thats just my opinion on what Dembele does for Spurs and what Bakayoko possibly could be. 

Tolisso seems to be more all around skilled than either of dembele/bakayoko.

4 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Cm, no doubt.

Yeah, definitely CM. What I mean't by being more adaptable than Bakayoko is that he's played a lot of differen CM roles in the last few years at Lyon, box to box, attacking mid, etc etc.

He seems to weak to be a midfield general and not technically gifted enough to be a playmaker. Going from Nainggolan and Verratti to him seems like a downgrade. 

Think he would be a like-for-like replacement for Matic. I hope he proves me wrong. At the end of the day, IF, big if, Antonio wants him as a primary target,he's good enough for me. 

From what I've watch,(I can admit is not enough) he seems like a relly good partner for Kante in the middle, good on the ball and executes some good passes in the right time. Also he has received a call-up for the France team, quite impressive for me.

18 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

From what I've watch,(I can admit is not enough) he seems like a relly good partner for Kante in the middle, good on the ball and executes some good passes in the right time. Also he has received a call-up for the France team, quite impressive for me.

I'm agree with you , Tolisso recovers (?) many ball in the middle, good technically, good shot,scorer, captain of the Young French Team (19 matchs, 6 goals), able to play AM occasionally.

For me, he is better than Bakayoko, in a similar profile : Rabiot

His goals against Roma and Montpellier was wonderful :

-vs Roma :

- vs Montpellier :

Better than Bakayoko in my eyes, definitely. More rounded, better passer I would say and is more active on the pitch. Could be decent upgrade on Matić, with potential to became really good.

5 minutes ago, El P. said:

Better than Bakayoko in my eyes, definitely. More rounded, better passer I would say and is more active on the pitch. Could be decent upgrade on Matić, with potential to became really good.

Why not get both lol 

Just now, Dahnald said:

Why not get both lol 

my thoughts exactly, if possible we absolutely have the money and its an integral position. having Kante/Tolisso/Bakayoko gives us quality and competition all with slightly differing skillsets. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You