• Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The refs deserve huge credit for their performances, too. Aside from not handing Romeu a yellow card for his foul on Costa Mike Jones was fantastic, the same goes for the linesman that saw Austin's knee being offside.

What a sweet Italian lemonade.

What our personnel is far from ideal and we are way behind other teams concerning squad quality and depth, what Conte has done with the players in this system is nothing short of fantastic.

He worked the team in such a way that not only Matic is playing his level again, but had Luiz mastering a center defender position - this is nearly a miracle. Even Gary-back away- Cahill has been performing above his league.

Moses has been showing to be a player I've never seen him before. He's always shown glimpses of something good and went through long - and painful - streaks of nothing but ordinary.

It's the perfect case of adapting your system to the material you have available. Some players are overachieving already and some were allowed to perform at their best because of the system.

I've made myself clear about Pedro, but indeed Willian has shown nothing promising either, which imo makes this situation simple to solve: our main and biggest target in the winter window must be someone to play upfront with Hazard and Costa - who btw fit in the category of playing that have a system allowing them to shine as they can.

Big game coming next week with Everton in quite form. We have had some crazy matches against them, have dominated, have been dominated, had that crazy 3-6 two years ago. It's a sort of an unpredictable match, one that will test this formation the farthest so far, but I'm confident we will deliver.

Very happy with and for the lads, and especially Conte.

Brilliant lads, now lets do one more on Everton and go on international break with a huge smile on our faces.

Today apart from maybe 20-25 minutes in the first half when Soton had us in our 30 yards for a good period of time (but also created nothing worth mentioning), everything else worked fantastic. Keep it up!

The moment one of the Chelsea lads played it a bit too short to Kanté in the second half and the french international -always two steps ahead recovered by laying his full body weight into the opponent, pointless to say that he easily hold on to the ball... the boy can do no wrong, he's the best thing happened to Chelsea FC (in midfield) since Makélélé...

it's about time for a song similar to West Hams version of 'we've got Payet'...

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Not a brilliant performance by any stretch, but a professionally controlled one, particularly in the second half. 

We're the first team to win at St. Marry's this year. 

We just pulled a Juve, like they did yeaterday vs Napoli. :rant::rant:

Has all been said on previous 4 pages 

absolutely delighted and buzzing about our performances - no longer do I dread the weekend and those fking Chelsea memes on my FB wall :)

Its just so nice to see the players smiling and happy. This would never be allowed under Miserable Mou! 

Keep it up Mr Conte - just make sure we get a Top 4 finish - maybe the catalyst for this change were those bizarre rumours about him close to being sacked!!!! Whatever idiot did that - thank you Sir :)

Have not seen us play like this for years. Frankly, we look like a real big team. Jose liked to talk about "where this team belongs", but we have not played like a big side after that defeat at the Lane. It surely got to the players' minds and Conte deserves a lot of credit for what he has done. Put aside the tactics and watch the mental side of our game, how comfortable we are, how confident are the players. If Jose was still here and tried to use the same 3-4-3 I'm sure it wouldn't have worked the same. 

Matic is bossing it, Azpilicueta is a fucking rock at the back, and of course Eden and Diego who are currently playing, for me, the best and most consistent football of their Chelsea careers. Can you even recognize the players they were 6 months ago? 

We still need some upgrades to be made to really have a go for the title IMO but as I said - except for his great footballing ideas, Conte did great by implementing the idea that Chelsea is a big side again, as in the minds of our players and as for the other teams in the league. 

2 hours ago, Footballover said:

Have not seen us play like this for years. Frankly, we look like a real big team. Jose liked to talk about "where this team belongs", but we have not played like a big side after that defeat at the Lane. It surely got to the players' minds and Conte deserves a lot of credit for what he has done. Put aside the tactics and watch the mental side of our game, how comfortable we are, how confident are the players. If Jose was still here and tried to use the same 3-4-3 I'm sure it wouldn't have worked the same. 

Matic is bossing it, Azpilicueta is a fucking rock at the back, and of course Eden and Diego who are currently playing, for me, the best and most consistent football of their Chelsea careers. Can you even recognize the players they were 6 months ago? 

We still need some upgrades to be made to really have a go for the title IMO but as I said - except for his great footballing ideas, Conte did great by implementing the idea that Chelsea is a big side again, as in the minds of our players and as for the other teams in the league. 

Read that and its more articulate thsn I can express myself atm  I have had more than  afew sherberts in Southampton

The way we controlled the game was superb. Never thought I'd feel the same after Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogs have departed, but can see a new era dawning now. Just hope the Buckenalo doesn't dispense with Conte. Future looks good

9 hours ago, Barbara said:

I've made myself clear about Pedro, but indeed Willian has shown nothing promising either, which imo makes this situation simple to solve: our main and biggest target in the winter window must be someone to play upfront with Hazard and Costa - who btw fit in the category of playing that have a system allowing them to shine as they can

I actually think Dušan Tadić would fit like a glove as Pedro and Willian's replacement. He's unpredictable, technical and very intelligent. He's very very underrated. I hope the club/Conte thinks about him for the January window.

9 hours ago, Barbara said:

I've made myself clear about Pedro, but indeed Willian has shown nothing promising either, which imo makes this situation simple to solve: our main and biggest target in the winter window must be someone to play upfront with Hazard and Costa - who btw fit in the category of playing that have a system allowing them to shine as they can

I actually think Dušan Tadić would fit like a glove as Pedro and Willian's replacement. He's unpredictable, technical and very intelligent. He's very very underrated. I hope the club/Conte thinks about him for the January window.

4 hours ago, Irakozium257 said:

I've always been impressed with Tadic every time I watch Soton play. Surprised no one has come in for him, if we got him and say Van Dijk, I'd be delighted.