Drogba

I see your point and I respect your opinion, mate. Everyone's worthy of their own two cents. I agree with you that we need another world class striker. Anelka and Sheva can get you possibly 20 goals a season but they're just not as good as Drogba to warrant a selection in the starting eleven. Eto'o is a player I'd love to see at the Bridge but what puts me off him is that he is African - another player to lose in the Cup of Nations. That being said, him and Drogba upfront would be the greatest strike force in Europe...

maybe thats all dorgba needs a 4 4 2 or something so he is not up front on his own and he has someone else to lay the ball of or get the ball 2 maybe if he has a partener up from he could be seen different in my eyes but untill i see that i want to see something different happen with him

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may get alot of stick from this but i would love to have a player like torres! i dont mean torres himself but someone with the same work rate. if he loeses the ball he is always after it and is all over the pitch. WE NEED A WORKHORSE NOT A DONKEY!

and i hope Scolari won't stand for his antics and bench him the first time he dives and everyone apart from him knows its a dive! teach him a lesson in how to stand or sit down for the rest of the game!

LEt me ell you Toress at his best last year had a goal:match ratio of 1:2 same as Drogba who scored 16 goals in 31 matches inspite of having a one month injury spell and AFNC. And like most im sure you'll agree that Drogba wasnt even at his best.

True, Drogba plays best in a 4-4-2 formation, but last year he did well in a 4-3-3 formation. Honestly, I havent seen a Striker owning defenses like Drogba has. I hope he gets his bearings right this season and pump in another 30 goals.

His attitude stinks and ordinarily I would say sell him straight away as he would command a high price at the moment. But who would you buy to replace him? baring in mind that Torres isn't for sale and cannot hold players off like DD can. Same with Villa. Eto is as much a problem as Drogs, he is gobby and stroppy, but as a foil for DD i think he would be brilliant. But I am just sitting here hopeing upon hope that Sheva finds himself again and shuts the whole football world up, well you never know, stranger things have happened.

Didier, on his day, is the best striker in the world, bar none. It's simple, no other player in the world has such a great combination of skill, superhuman strength and such a great shot - the only ability I feel he lacks in comparison to Ronaldo or Kaka (who others would class as the best in the world) would be pace, but he's fast enough for the position he plays.

He is an ego, but Scolari's got balls. Hopefully Scolari can tame Drogba and actually make him feel wanted, it's something I think he could probably do really well. Something I feel Drogba lacked with Grant that he had with Mourinho was respect, and I'm pretty sure he respects Scolari.

The price that is going around for Drogba is £24m, which I see as stupid as it's how much we bought him for, and he's improved a hell of a lot. And if Adebayor can be valued at £36m, Drogba should be somewhere in the £40m - £50m range.

Lastly, as Stamford said, who would replace him? Eto'o is worse than him, Torres isn't for sale, Villa, despite a great Euros, isn't the player Drogba is (although I do think he could fit into Scolari's system) and that is it really, unless we buy Milito from relegated Zaragoza (which tbh, I really wouldn't mind at all as he's a great player) - there's simply no one good enough.

I say we risk it, keep him, let Scolari work his magic, and watch us win countless trophies for the next few years with him as our main striker!

Edited by nikno

i hope P.S is like that i hope he puts D.D in his place. cus i think as a Chelsea fan i dont like him the most! I hope i eat my words and d.d is becoms brilliant! fingers crossed hey!

i hope P.S is like that i hope he puts D.D in his place. cus i think as a Chelsea fan i dont like him the most! I hope i eat my words and d.d is becoms brilliant! fingers crossed hey!

??

Do you mean his attitude becomes brilliant?

I cant understand how people can slag a Chelsea legend of like this ?

We're Chelsea fans, wouldn't expect any less myself. We're one of the best at knee-jerking actions, don't you know... :whistling:

You know, I really think the match-goers should try booing him again like they did in his 'first touch of a donkey' era.

(sarcasm, mind)

Edited by .Biru

Why not it kicked him into shape last time

Surely there are better ways to motivate him than that?

Where would the team be if they all had the same attitude as him

But they don't so I'm not sure how that's relevant. Yeah, his attitude stinks but he's still the only reliable striker we have atm and has done a lot for us. I certainly don't want him to leave until we have a replacement who has settled down and prove he can be DD's successor.

Hopefully Big Felipe can change his attitude, too, as he's still one of the best striker on his day.

Surely there are better ways to motivate him than that?

But they don't so I'm not sure how that's relevant. Yeah, his attitude stinks but he's still the only reliable striker we have atm and has done a lot for us. I certainly don't want him to leave until we have a replacement who has settled down and prove he can be DD's successor.

Hopefully Big Felipe can change his attitude, too, as he's still one of the best striker on his day.

Yeah there are better ways. I was joking I'd never boo a Chelsea player even if i did hate them.

I'd rather see them given support.

& it's relevant because no other Chelsea player behaves like that but Drogba is so "important" that he can behave like that and get away with it.

I Don't think so no player is irreplaceable.

Scolari will kick him into shape.

I've seen he has a mean left jab :whistling:

Edited by Kez

Lol Unbelievable.

Chelsea without him would not have won.... League titles in 2004-5, 2005-6. FA Cup 2007. Community Shield 2005. League Cups in 2005 and 2007.

He was Prem Golden Boot winner 2006-7. African Footballer of the Year 2006-2007

The man is a Chelsea legend -one of, if not the greatest ever.

Marseille knew how to treat him