Chelsea Vs Guangzhou Pharmaceuticals

Not sure what team we can expect to be put out! No confirmation yet of who has actually travelled on the trip, any youngsters ect...

Hopefully it will be a good game and we can see some good performances out there and hopefully some goals too...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting to see a combination of young and old players. I think Sheva is bound to play, though, he is the only striker in our squad who will put in an honest shift every game.

Personally i am excited to see what Di Santo can do playing with the first team. The lad has massive potential. Will be great to see Deco and Bosingwa playing for us in the Chelsea shirt too..

Well Drogba aint travelled (knee injury apparently....) so it will be good to see Sheva get some action and maybe see Anelka doing something. Our strikers didnt do a great deal last season and thats probably why we fell slightly short on all fronts. Drogba missing this tour aint good so we need Anelka to prove himself starting weds. This is a really big season for him.

This being the first pre season game i would expect that there will more than likely be 2 different teams played, changing at half time. It would be good if we can try 2 different formations as well. Something like this maybe:

First half

.............................Cech..........................

Ferreira.......Ivanovic.....Terry..........A.Cole

....................Mikel..........Essien................

..J.Cole..................Deco.................Kalou.

...........................Di Santo.......................

Second Half

...........................Cudicini.........................

Bosingwa......Carvalho.....Alex...........Bridge

SWP.............Essien......Lampard......Malouda

...................Anelka.....Shevchenko.............

Really looking forward to seeing Ivanovic, di Santo, Bosingwa and Deco.

Getting excited now. Just about 24 hours to go!

Just a pain that it is on in the afternoon!! Will have to wait till i get home from work to watch it.....

Team, confirmed by Chelsea TV:

Cech

Essien

Carvalho

Terry

Ashley Cole

Mikel

Deco

Lampard

Kalou

Di Santo

Nicolas Anelka

Lol, 4 right backs at the club and STILL Essien at right back.... :D

Any news on the subs? I am assuming that either Bosingwa or Ferreira are not fit and 1 of them is on the bench for the second half.

Great to see Di Santo getting a start! Looking forward to watching this game tonight.

Lol, 4 right backs at the club and STILL Essien at right back.... :D

Any news on the subs? I am assuming that either Bosingwa or Ferreira are not fit and 1 of them is on the bench for the second half.

Great to see Di Santo getting a start! Looking forward to watching this game tonight.

Come on Di Santo bang a few in.

Lol cuntish seeing as Essiens just signed a new contract

According to CFC website the team is:

Cech

Bosingwa

Carvalho

Terry

A.Cole

Mikel

Essien

Lampard

Deco

Kalou

Anelka

Subs:

Cudicini

Ferreira

Alex

Ivanovic

Bridge

Malouda

Wright-Phillips

Di Santo

So the first Scolari formation is a 4-4-2 Midfield Diamond.....