Chelsea Vs Guangzhou Pharmaceuticals

Nice kick about with the chemists. More importantly ...how many shirts have we sold ???

Got to hand it to Kenyon, the Chinese make the shirts, labour and materials about £1.50 each, and then...... sells them back to 'em. Some of the lucky ones even have Kenyons sig on.

Blokes a genius with Romans cash.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice kick about with the chemists. More importantly ...how many shirts have we sold ???

Got to hand it to Kenyon, the Chinese make the shirts, labour and materials about £1.50 each, and then...... sells them back to 'em. Some of the lucky ones even have Kenyons sig on.

Blokes a genius with Romans cash.

LOL. Terrific point!

Was a good comfortable performance and an emthatic result with 4 excellent goals with the pick of the bunch being Lampards exquisite chip from 20+ yards. btw Ballack aint traveled because hes been given extra time off because of the Euro's.

Roll on the next game, we're looking pretty good.

Seems Malouda played a big part today. I wonder if he can have a good season this time out.

Aye. He's a quality player, he needed a season to settle. Just like Drogba, just like Ballack, just like Essien. He'll be top notch.

Well as far as first pre season games go that was a very good one. Lets be real Guangzhou didn't offer us to much opposition but the crucial thing is getting into match situations and getting used to each other and preparation for a new season.

The first 30 minutes of the game were very very impressive, the midfield diamond seemed work very well with Lampard and Deco linking up perfectly for most of the time. The formation was aided by both Bosingwa and A.Cole running down the flanks both very impressively. Also the front 2 of Anelka and Kalou did very very well.

When the chages were made a lot of fluid play broke down for a while but we still looked very good. Was pleasing to see Franco Di Santo impress and score on his debut, he gets himself into some great positions. Also i thought Ivanovic looked good at right back too, which was good to see.

All of the goals were very well taken and worked, particulary Franks - sublime. Could have scored plenty more goals in truth but 4 - 0 was an impressive result still. I was pleased to see Kalou play so well, he looked in good shape and seemed to enjoy playing as a front 2.

Overall, an excellant start, more of the same in the next game.....

I liked what I saw... great to see Malouda and Anelka doing good things....

Look out for Malouda this season... I think all that talk of his mediocrity lit a fire under his ass...

I liked what I saw... great to see Malouda and Anelka doing good things....

Look out for Malouda this season... I think all that talk of his mediocrity lit a fire under his ass...

Still 50/50 on Malouda, he can put good balls into the box, like he did for Di Santo on Wedneday. But he still loses the ball too much for my liking - we will see how he goes this season.

Anelka looked twice the player he did for us last season, bright, fast chasing and getting into good positions and scoring positions too.