• Fabregas
    • Moses
    • Pedro
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Batshuayi
    • Costa (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

I'm really happy that we have brought back our fighting spirit and ability to come back when down. That's a BIG positive. Last year when we were down, you knew we will lose it. Now it's different, we fight till the end. Good work by Conte improving the mental aspect of our players and their confidence.

On the other hand, we must stay realistic our defense is shaky as fuck and needs a lot of working on.

Let's go and smash Arsenal now.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

I'm really happy that we have brought back our fighting spirit and ability to come back when down. That's a BIG positive. Last year when we were down, you knew we will lose it. Now it's different, we fight till the end. Good job by Conte.

On the other hand, we must stay realistic our defense is shaky as fuck and needs a lot of working on.

Let's go and smash the Hammers.

Just last Friday, the team was unable to come back, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Cahill seems to just get worse doesn't he? He wasn't able to cover when Luiz went out for challenges and found himself looking lost a few times. Really hope Zouma comes back soon. I remember in the summer Conte said he was ahead of schedule, which put him at September...

1. It's best to go into every game with ZERO expectation. That way, we won't suffer any depression when we lose.

2. Will keep saying this - you can't trust this defence. There's ALWAYS ONE mistake in them. Utterly useless!

3. Good to see we at least have will and character to fight back after going 2-0 down. Would have limped out of the competition if this was last season

4. Probably won't get to say this for some time after this - it's nice to have actual FBs playing in actual positions! (Ivanovic have volleyed that Azpi shot all the way back to London)

5. Azpi is God. Azpi is Life.

6. Putting aside Luiz's brainfart defending for a moment, how good were his passes from the back? Added another threat to our play and should have gotten at least 1-2 assists from it!

7. Good to see Fabregas hitting a shot with power for a change! That second goal - woof!

Good win, but I'm guessing the team selection played big part (haha).

FFS, can we PLEASE not see more of Ivanovic at RB?  center MF to consider: Fab and Kante, Kante with FAb and Chalobah, Kante with Fab and Possilby RLC. LIkewise, I'm tired of seeing Matic and Oscar.

I wasn't at home to watch this match, but the highlights suggest that the match punctuated points we've made on this forum about interplay between Hazard, CMs, and fullbacks along with interplay on the right side with Azpi being in his proper spot. Wow. Imagine.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

1. It's best to go into every game with ZERO expectation. That way, we won't suffer any depression when we lose.

2. Will keep saying this - you can't trust this defence. There's ALWAYS ONE mistake in them. Utterly useless!

3. Good to see we at least have will and character to fight back after going 2-0 down. Would have limped out of the competition poorly if this was last season

4. Probably won't get to say this for some time after this - it's nice to have actual FBs playing in actual positions! (Ivanovic have volleyed that Azpi shot all the way back to London)

5. Azpi is God. Azpi is Life.

6. Putting aside Luiz's brainfart defending for a moment, how good was his passes from the back? Added another threat to our play and should have gotten at least 1-2 from it!

7. Good to see Fabregas hitting a shot with power for a change! That second goal - woof!

hear hear, number 5!

Gary Cahill and David Luiz both playing CB together for Chelsea gives me the fear.... What a pair of clowns, when Zouma is fully fit he's got to return to this team as Terry's partner.

A few positives though, Marcus Alonso looked not bad at left back in his first start and should improve as he gets even more used to our team, Azpilicueta was excellent and the fighting spirit shown is a big plus after a poor performance v Liverpool where we gave them too much respect.

Arsenal next, start Cesc and Alonso!!!!

Anyway.... Great win, but still need a lot to improve, conte should have balls to MAKE CHANGES, i don't want to see Ivanovic or Oscar anywhere near the pitch this weekend. Fabregas and Moses is the real deal.

And lastly.., i don't think Pedro's goal was an Offside.

Good performance. Other than the ridiculous mistakes, I thought we played pretty well in the first half as well tbh. Both goals were poor individual mistakes and Leicester somehow got jammy as fuck goals out of em.

Cesc should def start next match. He's earned it.

Great comeback that was well deserved. No lucky goals, moments of individuals etc, but we actualy attacked as team. That first Cesc goal was brilliant. Costas run, Edens backheel and Cesc finish. Lovely! 

Moses definately deserves more time. His physical presence was something we were missing in attacking mid for a while. He should give Willian a good run and hopefuly Conte picks the best one, not the most expensive one.

Chalobah deserves some more time, meanwhile RLC was just poor. The kids head is in all the wrong places.

Alonso...well I said my point about him during match, and stick to it. By no way I like his type of fullback and he was poot in defense and kept simple when in possesion (was his first game though). But he should still play ahead of Iva. He wont though.

Cesc got his two goals and had good game after 45minute. But the first half shown he is still problem for our midfield because he is not quick enough. Unless we get two Kantes, I dont realy see him in first 11, because it makes our midfield immobile. I realy like his attitude though.

Costa got his victim again and once he came on, he was a proper beast. Missed few chances, but his play was just fantastic. He was very polite vs liverpool and it didnt work well. Love him or hate him, to get best of him he must be agressive.  Eden was on fire too.  If those two were in this form last friday, we could win.

All in all good prep for Arsenal. Players heads are in great shape now and we should give gooners a real test.

Still some ridiculous mistakes and it cannot keep happening.

On the plus side, some cracking goals. Costa's movement was immense, truly immense. David Luiz's long balls were a thing of beauty and apart from a couple little hairy moments he was good again.

Cesc must start at the weekend, drop Oscar, continue with Azpi at RB and Alonso LB and bring Moses in for Willian.

24 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Still some ridiculous mistakes and it cannot keep happening.

On the plus side, some cracking goals. Costa's movement was immense, truly immense. David Luiz's long balls were a thing of beauty and apart from a couple little hairy moments he was good again.

Cesc must start at the weekend, drop Oscar, continue with Azpi at RB and Alonso LB and bring Moses in for Willian.

moses in for willian?????    are you serious??

8 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

moses in for willian?????    are you serious??

Very serious. I'm a great believer that if people aren't doing enough then they need to be benched. Right now Willian is going through the motions and is offering very little on the attacking front.