Marco Verratti

Unionjack

I never rated him, and I still don't. 

Can anyone explain to me what it is about his game that people like? He just isn't dynamic enough to be a difference maker on the pitch. Much like Cesc now. Not strong enough, or quick enough, but extremely skilled.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Thor said:

I never rated him, and I still don't. 

Can anyone explain to me what it is about his game that people like? He just isn't dynamic enough to be a difference maker on the pitch. Much like Cesc now. Not strong enough, or quick enough, but extremely skilled.

He has way better control, poise and dribbling though then Cesc.

4 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

He has way better control, poise and dribbling though then Cesc.

But he can also be quite thuggish and reckless. Has a good skill set but seems to be fading a bit at PSG. I really like Rabiot actually think he’s a very good player.

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

But he can also be quite thuggish and reckless. Has a good skill set but seems to be fading a bit at PSG. I really like Rabiot actually think he’s a very good player.

I think his streak of cuntiness is not necessarily the worst trait to have in a midfielder but yeah his performances have been on a steady decline partly due to injuries and maybe partly due to a loss of interest/motivation (?) at PSG. Rabiot is a very fine young midfielder, technically very sound and has got a calm head on his shoulders. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2017 at 9:46 PM, Pizy said:

Still a dream target for me. He'd walk into our team. Or any other side in the PL for that matter,

I'll second that, would love him here. About to hit his peak years, and what a player on his day. Has Cesc's similar vision, but so much more better dribbling ability, and defensive awareness that Cesc has rarely showed.The only issue with him is his tendency to foul players, but that would be ironed out. I doubt PSG would want to sell, but Verratti, like Sandro, has been off form this season, so there might be a glimmer of hope there.

Where would you play him? One thing I've disliked about our recent teams is our lack of physicality in the midfield. Even when Matic was here, he was strong, but we'd still get bullied by the likes of Tottenham and Man City. 

Verratti doesn't help that, but obviously a decent player. I just don't see him making a huge difference to our team. 

12 hours ago, Thor said:

Where would you play him? One thing I've disliked about our recent teams is our lack of physicality in the midfield. Even when Matic was here, he was strong, but we'd still get bullied by the likes of Tottenham and Man City. 

Verratti doesn't help that, but obviously a decent player. I just don't see him making a huge difference to our team. 

Our midfield has been missing a dyamic midfielder who has pace, strength and World Class vision. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You