• Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Andre Marriner

7 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

West Ham's Adiran's superhuman performance against us about 2 and a half years ago comes to mind. You know, the goalless tie that made Mourinho of all people say that West Ham played 19th century football.

I was at The Bridge that night, in the second half Adrian was right in my line of sight, was time waiting from minute 50.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Honestly am not as down after this 2-2 draw as any from last year. Thought overall, team played well and certainly well enough to win. Kante is a beast and Costa is heart and soul for this club most of the time.

Except for the 5 minute stretch of poor play from Courtois and the ref, we win. It's that simple. Cahill had each leg swept out from under him and no call. Unbelievable. Courtois never looks comfortable and I am not confident with him on long balls in or ones he chases. He takes the wrong path to the ball and panics a lot. He is not Petr Cech. Not yet any way.

Conte seemed VERY disappointed in the post match interview. Really emphasized the need to kill the game off up 1-0. I have zero doubt this will be stressed from here on out. I think all of us that watch every game and post here would agree, this is something we have been missing the past several years. We couldn't kill games off consistently in 2015 when we won the league. 

Heads up mates. Big one at the Bridge Friday. Need all three points. 

Come on you Chelsea!!

Very nice and sensible post. I concur we did everything right and it was just down to bad luck. I suppose it makes up for the good luck we had against West Ham and Watford.

I am still not convinced using Matic over Fabregas, especially against the bottom half teams. Hope we win on Friday, its a massive game.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Remember that Arsenal vs Barca match were Barca took apart Arsenal on a big level for 20 mins but Almunia just kept saving? Probably the best 20 minute period of football ever (certainly in modern era) despite no goal.

I genuinely believe that if we did that for 90 minutes (I know that will never happen just talking hypothetical) yet kept getting denied by keeper, people would come here and rant about our "shit" performance even tho it was the perfect performance and one of the best in history despite it ending 0-0.

I can get the frustration at the result, but their has been a lot of encouraging signs under Antonio so far.

LoL. As long as Arsenal is the opponent, we cant be talking about the best período of football ever. That Arsenal vs Bareclona was embarrassing, because the different in terms of quality of those teams were really HUGE. Arsenal got trashed by so many teams in past years, that I really believe you are overestimating those 20 minutes of football.

8 minutes ago, Henrique said:

LoL. As long as Arsenal is the opponent, we cant be talking about the best período of football ever. That Arsenal vs Bareclona was embarrassing, because the different in terms of quality of those teams were really HUGE. Arsenal got trashed by so many teams in past years, that I really believe you are overestimating those 20 minutes of football.

The difference between Barca and anyone was huge back then.

I was angry at FT but after a cooling off time and on reflection I am delighted at our attitude and how we continued to play the same way and how we really took the game to them.

Costa was brilliant, all round first class from him.

I can't really be mad at the ref. Since we was bound to get some bad calls going our way, giving that the first few games we got lucky. i.e with Costa not being sent of. 

Other then that, yeah defense sucks but nothing we never knew. 

If by October the new buys are not in, then totally waste of money, again! 

Graham Poll on Talksport slating the ref from yesterday, totally gone to town on him, and rightly so.

On the game and a point I never made....How the fuck did Swansea still end up with 11 men on the field is beyond me....But hey that's the ref again ain't it?

Refs- They clamp down on holding and tell managers and players they will not tolerate abuse, following that they miss a blatant double kick from behind which leads to a goal and they want respect? Fuck right off.

The problem is again and again they're at different levels? Or judgement. Someone's red another's yellow etc and know it's hard and happens quick but the basic bit should least get right..yet time after time not. Yet no one cam say anything as get punished for it.

some of you are talking like you expect Chelsea to be title contenders? What the f...ck! We came 10th last season.. Stop whinging, We are in a better position than last season. Chelsea are competitive so far at least. Give Conte some time for footballs sake. oh and who gives a shit about Liverpool and Arsenal. What exactly have they achieved that make them better? Anyone can beat anybody in football. Go the Chels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should've killed the game in the first half and early minutes of 2nd Half. Too many gold chances wasted...

Defensively speaking still no improvement, we have bagged 2 new defenders and why won't conte give them some minutes after Cahill's blunder?

6 hours ago, Diceflix said:

Should've killed the game in the first half and early minutes of 2nd Half. Too many gold chances wasted...

Defensively speaking still no improvement, we have bagged 2 new defenders and why won't conte give them some minutes after Cahill's blunder?

Because of the International break - things have been all over the place.

he needs time to assess the players fitness and work with them in training to ensure they know their roles in the team and are gelling into the team. This all happens on the training ground. 

I think people have a warped view of a manager and picking players - it's not clicking a few buttons in FIFA/FM - in real life to do it properly and give everybody the best chance of success - it takes the 7 P's

prior planning and preparation prevent piss poor performance :)

the signings will get their chances - just be patient :) last thing you want to do is rush a player in - they have a nightmare, confidence tanks, points dropped and fans pissed off.