Chelsea 3-1 AC Milan

Jase

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say this, but we're shit. This average group of no-names can pass it around and keep the ball better than us. And outside of Moses and Traore this is looking likely to be our starting XI. 

Seriously, that looked like last season's Chelsea. Ultra slow midfield, the entire defense getting destroyed by a simple through ball or ball over the top, and strikers getting almost no service. We looked in that half like we did under Mourinho when it got really bad. Players can't string multiple passes together and keep simple possession. It's just one poor pass and Milan have it back.

Matic looks simply terrible. Sluggish, terrible touch, slow on the ball. Willian looks off, Diego looks off, and Cesc looks as slow as ever.

28 minutes ago, Thor said:

Nice throw from Aina there. Is he a decent option? 

Moses looking good. Never been a fan. Is this a one off or has he actually been providing some decent runs and play on the wing? I guess he could make up the squad. We have enough decent wingers, so it isn't an issue.  Defence still looks really average. 

Aina's looked alright. He hasn't done much going forward but this system does seem to restrict our FBs attacking high up the pitch. In truth he has been no worse than Ivanovic but that isn't setting the bar particularly high. I still doubt that he'll be a first team regular.

We're seeing the usual pre-season Moses. Again I don't think he'll start since he has Hazard (and arguably Cuadrado) ahead of him in the pecking order. 

And yeah the defending is still pretty crap. I prefer it when we overload the centre of the midfield and play with two lines of four instead of playing a back 5, losing the midfield battle and inviting in crosses... It brings back bad memories of Mourinho's back six.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I hate to say this, but we're shit. This average group of no-names can pass it around and keep the ball better than us. And outside of Moses and Traore this is looking likely to be our starting XI. 

Seriously, that looked like last season's Chelsea. Ultra slow midfield, the entire defense getting destroyed by a simple through ball or ball over the top, and strikers getting almost no service. We looked in that half like we did under Mourinho when it got really bad. Players can't string multiple passes together and keep simple possession. It's just one poor pass and Milan have it back.

Matic looks simply terrible. Sluggish, terrible touch, slow on the ball. Willian looks off, Diego looks off, and Cesc looks as slow as ever.

I expect this shit from the defense. I hope its just rust for Costa though.

I know it hasn't been mentioned but he was terrible. Runs weren't even on.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I hate to say this, but we're shit. This average geoup of no-names can pass it around and keep the ball better than us. And outside of Moses and Traore this is looking likely to be our starting XI. 

There are too many average performers in the team. Who are the actually good players ? There is Costa, Hazard, Zouma, and Azpi, Courtois and that's it. Hopefully people give have patience with Conte because we might be in for a very rough  season.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I hate to say this, but we're shit. This average geoup of no-names can pass it around and keep the ball better than us. And outside of Moses and Traore this is looking likely to be our starting XI. 

Makes you wonder if we would be better if we had kept some combo of Mata, Schurrle, Ramires, Bertrand, Felipe Luis and/or David Luiz.

Don't get me wrong, it was time for Ramires to go, but some of those names would be upgrades at the back.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

This is comical! We need an entirely new defense and midfield. This is unbelievably SHIT!

We're getting rickrolled since the second half started.

our midfield is piss poor

cahil is slow

terry is slow

cesc is slow

matic is terribly slow

and conte field those 4 together. what a really really awful combination

I'm lost