Chelsea 3-1 AC Milan

Jase

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Whats the 2nd half been like? Who scored 2nd?

The best football from Chelsea I've watched in an entire year. Milan couldn't get the ball off of us. Hazard was lively and Kante is a God. He does everything on the pitch and makes it so easy for the other midfielders.

Just now, nono said:

The best football from Chelsea I've watched in an entire year. Milan couldn't get the ball off of us. Hazard was lively and Kante is a God. He does everything on the pitch and makes it so easy for the other midfielders.

Cheers bruv. I'll watch the replay now ;)

Gee, would you look at that! We looked miles better when athletic midfielders came in! Did you see how intensely we pressed them? They couldn't deal with it. That wasn't possible with Cesc and Matic because they're as slow as molasses.

Kante is a bit special, isn't he? Immedietly looked at home breaking up play in our midfield. He also pinged a few Scholes-esque cross field passes. 

Hazard is back, folks!

Last thing, if we add a top class CB and perhaps a great fullback we can be a great team. Conte just has to find out who the best partner for Kante is. Chalobah has looked better than anyone else in there.

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Cheers bruv. I'll watch the replay now ;)

actually we play really really poor at the first half  (our team looks very shambles)

even at the early second half, probably for 10-15 minutes our defence is a big joke, getting raped by milan player

but when kante came on, boom !

we absolutely much much better

3 minutes ago, dimmas said:

actually we play really really poor at the first half  (our team looks very shambles)

even at the early second half, our defence is a big joke, getting raped by milan player

but when kante came on, boom !

Kante helped us take over possession, but Hazard, Cuadrado, and Oscar played the big part in dismantling them. Cuadrado in particular. Really ripped the soul out of that side at the end. Always looking to attack. The anti-Willian.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Sad to keep going on about our slow defence

Will Zouma help much other than depth?

Would Zouma plus just one quality RB or CB make the difference?

I think just one quality defender added plus Zouma would be very serviceable.

1 minute ago, dimmas said:

even at the early second half, our defence is a big joke, getting raped by milan player

but when kante comes in, boom !

Yeah I was lucky/unlucky to see all 1st half, Got up to get a beer and electric ran out grrr

Just now, Gilvorak said:

We were better because Hazard came on just like against Madrid. He's next level.

Michy has also quietly outplayed Costa in pre-season so far.

I'll say it. Bats and Lukaku

Defense struggled whenever they passed the ball over the top. However I'm willing to bet that by December neither of the two center backs we had on the field today will be starting. Zouma will be back and we're definitely signing a new CB unless we're crazy.

I think that there are big questions about the viability of 4-4-2 as a starting formation because the two strikers become ineffective if we struggle to get our wingers involved in attacks from open play (as we have done in each of the last three matches). This seems to happen for two reasons: 1) The wingers are made to take-up extremely defensive positions when we are out of possession, and this low defensive block means that we are unable to use them as an effective outlet to exploit turnovers; 2) The two CMs in the middle of the pitch are almost always outnumbered, and the large gaps between players in this system prevents them from engaging in passing combinations and building play effectively from central areas. Subbing Kante on (and the change to 4-3-3) caused our game to improve massively because the subsequent high press that we adopted enabled our wingers to position themselves much more aggressively and stretch Milan's back line.

At an individual level there were good displays by Kante, Hazard, Oscar, Cuadrado, and Chalobah off the bench, whilst Azpilicueta and Matic were probably the pick of the starting players; Costa, Fabregas, Willian, and Aina were rather more disappointing despite each managing to contribute a few good things here and there.

Hazard, this little genius is really something else, few levels above anyone else in the team. Kante, what a magnificent signing, his influence even blinds can see. Give me Chalobah over Matic everyday of a week, I repeat, CHALOBAH>>>>Matic. I'm very happy with Kante Chalobah combo, don't give me the experience talks.