John Terry

DavidEU

Come on, racism towards black people is MUCH more sensitive for obvious reasons.

The only obvious reason is many people make very good careers on race issues .. Lord Ousley being a prime example ...

Look at the Members of the House of Lords who have got there on the back of race politics

I think the FA are charging Terry reluctantly but don't want to lose face if they did not charge him and to avoid angry back clashers and for numerous reasons questions will be raised and compared to Suarez if he was not charged. Disappointed but expected it tbh

I think the FA are charging Terry reluctantly but don't want to lose face if they did not charge him and to avoid angry back clashers and for numerous reasons questions will be raised and compared to Suarez if he was not charged. Disappointed but expected it tbh

No, they're definitely not doing it out of reluctance. They clearly WANT to please the majority, and they don't care how they do it. That was why they prematurely robbed JT of his armband and rebuffed Capello's request to restore it even though that would have put them in a hell of trouble just months before Euro. And there was absolutely uncalled for, too. Everyone would have understood if the FA took its time and reserved any comment or action regarding the matter until the court proved JT guilty or innocent. They just wanted to say, "Look at us! We're giving him shit. We deserve a pat on the back and a jar of cookies, no?" They sort of have put themselves in a hole, but even if they hadn't stripped his armband away in the first place, they still would have charged him.

No, they're definitely not doing it out of reluctance. They clearly WANT to please the majority, and they don't care how they do it. That was why they prematurely robbed JT of his armband and rebuffed Capello's request to restore it even though that would have put them in a hell of trouble just months before Euro. And there was absolutely uncalled for, too. Everyone would have understood if the FA took its time and reserved any comment or action regarding the matter until the court proved JT guilty or innocent. They just wanted to say, "Look at us! We're giving him shit. We deserve a pat on the back and a jar of cookies, no?" They sort of have put themselves in a hole, but even if they hadn't stripped his armband away in the first place, they still would have charged him.

Yes, I agree with you. This could be damaging if he is given a hefty ban.

Bleacher Report is such bullshit. Talking about the 2008 penalty miss:

Terry apologized to the Chelsea fans afterwards. Some fans forgave him, but some of the fans still have a hard time getting over it. Who could blame them?

Forgiving him and getting over it are two different things. I will most likely never get over John Terry's miss, but I have completely "forgiven" him. It was hard to be upset at him in the first place, imo. It was just shit luck; had it not been raining that night, we would have been champions.

IF the FA don't charge Terry, it will only make them look more like a fool given that they stripped his captaincy and Capello leaving because of it. They will surely give him a ban to protect their face and as someone said, to please the public.

The FA should just get on with it... We all know they are spineless idiots now, so say the charge, JT can appeal, they can deny and we will have a 8 game ban or something stupid... Absoulutely ridiculous, but i don't know why i was hoping for something else as the FA, but they seem to be the PC brigade, dragging this out, is annoying for us and makes them look like even bigger idiots.