Chelsea 0-3 Man City

Jase

1 hour ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

I used to think Fabregas should stay.

I am a changed man.

New DM [Ake]

New CM to play with RLC

For Christ's sake, put Azpilicueta back at left back. He's actually shit at right back. Doesn't know what he's doing. Or maybe that's just another symptom of Terry's absence

What the fuck was Willian doing; should have been substituted at half time - literally slacked through the whole game. Pedro was good.

Costa... I suppose it was more denial of service than anything else... needs a quick ball to be good. Can't dribble. Can shoot. And now Fabregas can hit a long ball to about the same ability as Obi, he isn't getting it.

Christ, we were backpassing it 3-0 down. Where's the desire? The urgency? Need more Loftus Cheeks, made in Chelsea lads. And I don't mean 16 year old foreign imports, I mean from the area. Supporters. People who show heart for the club. Christ, in the squad nobody would put their head or even their foot where John Terry did when he got KO'd in 2006.

Fabregas' limitations are well known.

The problem is exacerbated when the player playing next to him is just as, or more, immobile. After Ramires was sold I thought hey, perhaps we are going to get a dynamic CM, but nope... perhaps Oscar will play there... nope. Perhaps RCL will look sharper and run a bit more... nope he's an AM now.

It's not just the manager - the people 'helping' the manager seem lost, because this 'lack of ideas' linger on regardless of manager.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when I thought the season couldn't get any worse, it actually did get worse. Absolutely farcical of a performance, to say the very least. It felt like I was watching Chelsea vs Arsenal at times with us being Arsenal and City being Chelsea. We tried to play some pretty football and then gave away stupid goals on the counter. No tactical discipline. No commitment. No desire. Pathetic excuse for a bunch of football players!

On another note, called it...

On 4/14/2016 at 10:16 PM, Jason said:

Expecting a 3-0 defeat.

2 hours ago, Essien19 said:

The question is what has changed?

Some said the players did't play for the coach, but the coach is long gone, what's the problem now?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

How silly to ask of you, the problem is still Mourinho :lol: the antichrist of all managers.

I'm just wondering if some of you get sick of complaining about the same things each week? Clearly not though. 

We are a team with nothing to play for at the moment. We are fine, and we won't get relegated, and we aren't going to make it up top, so clearly motivation is lacking. 

The scoreline might say 0-3 against us, but I was actually quite happy with the movement and effort on offence, particularly at the start of the game. Next season with a healthy Hazard, Willian back in his great form, Cuadrado possibly returning inspired and maybe another striker option, we are fine IMO.

As far as defence though, everyone needs to go aside from Azpi. Baba is a player that inspires the least amount of confidence ever. Cahill only seems to know how to scramble and simply isn't an intelligent enough defender. This is where out biggest changes need to happen. We desperately need some new centre backs, and a fullback. 

As far as Cesc goes... This guy shouldn't be here. He doesn't have it anymore. He is a mid table team sort of player. I know that is us at the moment, and consequently suitable lol, but we are a top level team, with top level funding and top level goals as far as a team goes. He is a player that lives off his reputation at the moment. Hopefully Conte as an outsider coming in can see that, and isn't in a position where he feels pressured to play the names. We need more dynamism in the midfield, and Cesc is the opposite of that. RLC and Matic are clearly a pair that belong. For all of the hate Matic got this season, how could anyone not understand that him playing defence for two guys (himself and Cesc) takes its toll after a while. 

I think we need to adjust our expectations at the end of the season. Clearly our excitement and activity should be reserved for the transfer market and new additions coming in. Not much will get better this late into the season with little to play for, or in situations where we play extremely young and inexperienced players. 

One more thing I will say, is that Kennedy always impresses me. Even if he doesn't have the best game, I've rarely seen someone with such grit and determination to prove themselves. This, for as much as I am a fan of him, is something I have never felt from Courtois while he was here. Even when we were winning the league, there was always something that told me he wanted to be back at Atleti... I guess it didn't take more than one bad season from us for him to really express those feelings in his body language. Maybe I'm wrong and he wants to fight here and grow with the team, but if not, we have to look elsewhere, and that is a shame, since he is a top 3 keeper in the world. 

Am I missing something here, how the fucking hell is Courtois responsible in any way shape or form for yesterday?

Even as a fan I don't hide the fact he has been poor off late and deserves criticism but for yesterday? Fuck off, it would have been 6-7 if it wasn't for him, and as for the red, the defenders threw him under a bus and yes it may have been more logical all things considered to "let" Fernandinho score, but anyone with professional dignity will do what it takes to stop the goal, bringing him down at least gives Asmir a chance to save the pen. Courtois deserves as much blame for yesterday as Begovic does the reverse fixture, in other words none.

Also out of interest how many of you want Courtois sold but also rue Lukaku and KDB sale? Irony at its finest that.

I think everyone is pretty much done with this season. Nothing left to play for. I wouldn't react harshly based on this game. 

Conte will know what the problems are. I sense an overhaul coming. 

2 senior defenders, 1 central midfielder and we will straight away challenge. Onwards and upwards

It is hard to be positive and not feel betrayed by the below par performances. The writing was on the wall in the first few rounds. They definitely need an overhaul and it will happen. What conspires next season who knows, but something was seriously wrong from the start.We are not the only team to under perform either. Lets hope we do not have to see this kind of season again.

3 hours ago, kingofchelseadom said:

It is hard to be positive and not feel betrayed by the below par performances. 

I get that, but their are some reactions on here all year long that would be uncalled for even if we were in Villas position.

Like blaming Courtois for yesterday like some have, the msy bewildering thing I have ever seen.

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

Am I missing something here, how the fucking hell is Courtois responsible in any way shape or form for yesterday?

Even as a fan I don't hide the fact he has been poor off late and deserves criticism but for yesterday? Fuck off, it would have been 6-7 if it wasn't for him, and as for the red, the defenders threw him under a bus and yes it may have been more logical all things considered to "let" Fernandinho score, but anyone with professional dignity will do what it takes to stop the goal, bringing him down at least gives Asmir a chance to save the pen. Courtois deserves as much blame for yesterday as Begovic does the reverse fixture, in other words none.

Also out of interest how many of you want Courtois sold but also rue Lukaku and KDB sale? Irony at its finest that.

I always considered his tackle on Fernandinho as a sign of frustration with the jokers in front of him.

19 hours ago, Strike said:

I think everyone is pretty much done with this season. Nothing left to play for. I wouldn't react harshly based on this game. 

Conte will know what the problems are. I sense an overhaul coming. 

2 senior defenders, 1 central midfielder and we will straight away challenge. Onwards and upwards

I completely agree. 

In my opinion we are completely fine in terms of going forward, especially once Hazard returns, and Cuadrado possibly coming back with a new lease of life, and a proper chance to play here. Costa can still clearly bang in goals with service being there for him. Maybe a back up striker as well would be a decent investment, but that is something that could easily come from the club itself. 

Like you said, a few midfielders and defenders and we're good to go. We have Matic hopefully coming back in great form next season, and we'll have RLC who would have only got better. 

My little lad was in tears near the end of this game, he said "They don't even look like they are trying or even care dad"

I'd also scrap the end of season awards, they have all under achieved massively, there is nothing to celebrate.

46 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

My little lad was in tears near the end of this game, he said "They don't even look like they are trying or even care dad"

I'd also scrap the end of season awards, they have all under achieved massively, there is nothing to celebrate.

Or maybe we troll the awards like Norwich fans did and give the award to Marco Amelia? :lol:

Although jokes aside if it weren't for Willian I would be suggesting that for real.