• Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Terry (sub)

50 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Time to bring in the kids - 9 games, shut up shop early and let the U21's play the rest of the season

Then we know who we need to buy in the summer :)

I 'd expect 2 max 3 men at most to come out from a youngsters academy.
Even if you force the issue.
Sometimes you get lucky.
There are four classical names in Greece. Kostas Nestoridis, Georgios Sideris, Mimis Domazos, Mimis Papaioannou.
From those, Nestoridis was already a national team player when bought by one of the three championship teams in 1958.
Giorgos Sideris was something of a name in a lower division.
Mimis Domazos played with kids in his neighbourhood in a parking lot.
Mimis Papaioannou was a young sheep shepherd in the mountains !

As a team manager you don't know when luck will strike your door.
Recently the Greek-Albanian Sotirios Ninis was touted to be the new world class player of Greece. Nothing. A trip to Italy, he saw Rome, then faded.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I though after the loss against PSG the lads will try and up their game. 
God save us! The next Liverpool in the making. Jose just fucked it all up for us. Good in a way I guess we will get players who are hungry for success. Also will be able to get good players who will grow with the club. Well there goes the FA cup as well. Only consolation for the season is that we won't get relegated HOOORAAY!!!

What a brilliant decision from our club to sell Lukaku once again so pissed the way we do business with some of the players we have :( 

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Not even the English media overhype homegrown youngsters as much as this forum overhype the sold players after every defeat.

And whats wrong in that ? We are selling good players why again ? The anger is why couldn't we utilize or bring the best in them. We keep complaining season after season we need youngsters youngsters and when we get good ones we kill them off by not playing them and eventually sell them off. The players in the club no longer feel the passion for the club it feels like they are there only for the money. Who is to be blamed? 

I wonder what changed Cuadrado down in old Italy.
And don't write off la Juve just yet against Bayern.
Let me see Bayern going through first.

This year we 've been through Job's torments.
Mou transformed from magician to low life scum.
The team transformed from champions to relegation strugglers.

33 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

And whats wrong in that ? We are selling good players why again ? The anger is why couldn't we utilize or bring the best in them. We keep complaining season after season we need youngsters youngsters and when we get good ones we kill them off by not playing them and eventually sell them off. The players in the club no longer feel the passion for the club it feels like they are there only for the money. Who is to be blamed? 

What's wrong is that apart from KDB, none get mentioned when the team is doing well then a couple of bad results and everyone from Lukaku right down to Bamford was a massive screw up not having here.

Not to mention some of the players we supposedly should never have sold have been poor since we sold them (Mata, Schurrle) yet the likes of Courtois, Eden and Costa have been mullered on here for hitting bad patches.

We deserved to lose because the defense was shit. Ivanovic annoys the heck out of me when he commits a mistake that leads to the goal and then proceeds to react or shout at teammates. FFS, not Captain material at all.

Our attack was non-existent because Guus for some reason thought Matic and Mikel could both cut it in midfield. 

Michael Oliver being such a young and naive(to quote Wenger) ref was always going to let the crowd get to him.

English players can get away with being thugs(Barnes, Gerrard, Barry) but with the non-Brits, its condemnation till the cows come home. 

5 minutes ago, zakhov said:

Michael Oliver being such a young and naive(to quote Wenger) ref was always going to let the crowd get to him.

I thought Oliver was brilliant throughout. One of the best refereeing performances for some time. He was calm and replays suggested that almost all of his decisions were correct. Nothing there for us, or Everton, to complain about.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

I thought Oliver was brilliant throughout. One of the best refereeing performances for some time. He was calm and replays suggested that almost all of his decisions were correct. Nothing there for us, or Everton, to complain about.

Well I thought he could've booked Barry a bit earlier for the challenges he made(some were cynical and intended). I'm not saying its a bad performance just thought he let the crowd get to him.

There one instance where Wilian or Cesc was fouled clearly and he let play on which resulted in an Everton attack, then booked Mikel for a similar foul.

I'm not blaming the ref for the defeat though, it's clear we lost the game because we were bad from start to finish(formations, defense and attack).

I'm just a bit annoyed that we lose Costa for the next game.
The were a few fouls that were committed on him that were bookable but the ref set the flow and Everton kept it at him.

Just to make this result even worse for those that don't know, only JT, Fabregas. Azpilicueta and Ivanovic came over to our fans at the end. The rest of the pricks were straight down the tunnel. 

Must say JT and even Fabregas looked genuinely gutted and sorry.

Yet 2200 of those 6000 fans yesterday will be expected to splash another £50 on Tuesday to go and support them at Swansea. Absolute wankers. 

... And there go Ladies & Gentlemen, Girls & Boys ... That's the end of a very disappointing season!!! 

Let meet back to discuss the future once we confirm the New Manager ... Until then the Blood Pressure will in steady state ... 

7 minutes ago, Stingray said:

That reads 'transition year(s). Again, like Groundhog Day.

Let's just say we could a Liverpool a few years back or a Leicester this year with no Europe to distract us!! I really think with a good summer we could wrestle the title back. Esp if the Manchesters have to struggle with Europa!

3 hours ago, zakhov said:

Well I thought he could've booked Barry a bit earlier for the challenges he made(some were cynical and intended). I'm not saying its a bad performance just thought he let the crowd get to him.

There one instance where Wilian or Cesc was fouled clearly and he let play on which resulted in an Everton attack, then booked Mikel for a similar foul.

I'm not blaming the ref for the defeat though, it's clear we lost the game because we were bad from start to finish(formations, defense and attack).

I'm just a bit annoyed that we lose Costa for the next game.
The were a few fouls that were committed on him that were bookable but the ref set the flow and Everton kept it at him.

I don't think that he let the crowd get to him, it's just that he didn't let the antics of our players, particularly Costa, to get to him.

Whether we'd like to admit it or not, we are one of the most difficult sides to referee. Unfortunately, our players surround referees more than most teams, we have quite a few players who go down too easily and simulate like all of Willian, Pedro and Kenedy did yesterday, and then you have Costa....

We're a nightmare for refs and it's part of the reason why so many of our matches have refereeing controversies. 

I'm glad it was Lukaku, wish he scored five. This represents well what's wrong with this club.

Where is Pato? Who is responsible for that? Loaning a player and he doesn't play a minute. This is unbelievable.

55 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I'm glad it was Lukaku, wish he scored five. This represents well what's wrong with this club.

Where is Pato? Who is responsible for that? Loaning a player and he doesn't play a minute. This is unbelievable.

Where is Pato? Ask Gus he doesn't think he's fit to play.... Who's responsible for that? I'll let you guys his name starts with a M and his second name starts with a E.... Another clue for you is he's our technical director who is a pathetic wanker. Got it? :D

Yeah I know the pathetic wanker you're talking about. Can it be just him?

No one consult with the manager, what does he want? Or we are just bringing random players?

Someone at the club is making money out of those ridiculous transfers.