Chelsea v Stoke

Jase

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Imbula is a beast. Not the first time he's bossed our midfield, either. Should've signed him.

Yeah we should but I wonder if we can go for him this summer. Would that be too much? 

Give them 30 mill. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

Traore's development only confirms my belief of Loftus-Cheek simply failing to impress, in training and on the pitch. He's hailed by many fans as the next big thing but he's done nothing to deserve such immense praise. Traore on the otherhand has impressed and he's been given chances because of it. Loftus-Cheek still has a way to go. His talent is obvious but he's still lacking mentally and tactically. That's my view anyway.

Traore has really surprised me. I never thought he'd have any kind of impact here. And I think that would've been the case under Mourinho I think. Hiddink took a chance, Traore took it and Chelsea seem to be reaping the rewards.

That goal was a thing of beauty. Great quick thinking, good control and a wicked shot. Poor defending tbh but he took them by surprise. You don't expect that from a striker, especially one so young. He should be proud of that.

I can only hope this is the start of something wonderful. Chelsea possesses some precocious talent. Would be a shame if they didn't realise their potential at this club. Their club. Our club.

Win this and make it four in a row, boys. Come on, Chels

True that with the talent we have. I´m really inclined to believe we have the best academy in the world overall.

As for RLC, we don´t really know how the training sessions go, but you do make a fair point. Hope turns out to be a star in our club, and not a wasted talent like McEachran, who just didnt develop into what he could´ve been.

When the ball goes to the wing with this side, I really wonder what the players think is going to happen if they keep doing the same thing over and over, waiting, dwelling, waiting.  Do we just need better center midfielders for interplay, or is Hazard just doing the wrong thing repeatedly?

Clearly nothing happens between Hazard and Matic. goes nowhere.

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

Yeah we should but I wonder if we can go for him this summer. Would that be too much? 

Give them 30 mill. 

It would probably take a crazy amount like that for them to sell after only 6 months. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

It would probably take a crazy amount like that for them to sell after only 6 months. 

Well they just bought him for like 25 million or something like that January. 

I will give them 30 or 35 the most. 

Just depends on what Conte wants to do and IF HE will like Traore/Kennedy. Depends too IF Guus is going to be in the backroom as we think - hopefully as director of football. Then he will give them both a good rep

Just now, BlueStorm1003 said:

True that with the talent we have. I´m really inclined to believe we have the best academy in the world overall.

As for RLC, we don´t really know how the training sessions go, but you do make a fair point. Hope turns out to be a star in our club, and not a wasted talent like McEachran, who just didnt develop into what he could´ve been.

You're right in saying we don't know what happens in training but if he impressed during the week, he'd receive chances in games. Instead we don't see him for weeks/months and if we see him, it's usually a short cameo.

I think he needs to go out on loan and learn how to truly compete. Let him go somewhere, secure a place in the first XI, keep it and perform the required level (at the very least).

According to transfermarket Imbula was bought this January transfer window for 24 million euros. 

http://www.transfermarkt.com/giannelli-imbula/transfers/spieler/130756/transfer_id/1425943

Not bad buy for Stoke. 

Give them 10 million more for the buy of Imbula this summer if they are willing to sell to us....which i doubt but still worth a shot. 

4 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

When the ball goes to the wing with this side, I really wonder what the players think is going to happen if they keep doing the same thing over and over, waiting, dwelling, waiting.  Do we just need better center midfielders for interplay, or is Hazard just doing the wrong thing repeatedly?

Clearly nothing happens between Hazard and Matic. goes nowhere.

Hazard has got the ball on numerous occasions and slowed play down instead of driving at players. We have pinched the ball a number of times in that half in key areas for certain players to slow down the tempo instead of driving at people.

Delighted to be winning 1-0 but the lack of drive, energy and commitment from some is very plain to see.

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

You're right in saying we don't know what happens in training but if he impressed during the week, he'd receive chances in games. Instead we don't see him for weeks/months and if we see him, it's usually a short cameo.

I think he needs to go out on loan and learn how to truly compete. Let him go somewhere, secure a place in the first XI, keep it and perform the required level (at the very least).

I guess you´re right. I always get worried when our young talents join the loan army. It tends to become a loop of 3 years in loan and then they leave.

11 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Traore's development only confirms my belief of Loftus-Cheek simply failing to impress, in training and on the pitch. He's hailed by many fans as the next big thing but he's done nothing to deserve such immense praise. Traore on the otherhand has impressed and he's been given chances because of it. Loftus-Cheek still has a way to go. His talent is obvious but he's still lacking mentally and tactically. That's my view anyway.

Traore has really surprised me. I never thought he'd have any kind of impact here. And I think that would've been the case under Mourinho. Hiddink took a chance, Traore took it and Chelsea seem to be reaping the rewards.

That goal was a thing of beauty. Great quick thinking, good control and a wicked shot. Poor defending tbh but he took them by surprise. You don't expect that from a striker, especially one so young. He should be proud of that.

I can only hope this is the start of something wonderful. Chelsea possess some precocious talent. Would be a shame if they didn't realise their potential at this club. Their club. Our club.

Win this and make it four in a row, boys. Come on, Chels

People used to bang on about Josh mceachran, now playing for Brentford? People like to hype up young players so much you'd think they were their own child.