Chelsea v Stoke

Jase

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guus has to rest fab and costa. They will be working double overtime against psg`s rested defence and midfield my team wud be

Courtois

Dave cahill terry baba

Mikel. Matic

Traore. Loftus cheek.  Willian

Remy

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Another team who can do the double.hopefully go same way as others 

Guus must be seriously tempted to rest everybody and go very weak. That makes predicting the outcome of this one even tougher than usual I think.

Maybe something crazy like: -

Begovic, Aina, Miazga, Cahill, Baba, Colkett, Matic, Traore, Loftus-Cheek, Pato, Remy.

Charlie made his first start for the 21s after injury at St. Mary's on Monday night and was brilliant. Well first half he was anyway. :)

Hoping to see Remy

Guus must be seriously tempted to rest everybody and go very weak. That makes predicting the outcome of this one even tougher than usual I think.

Maybe something crazy like: -

Begovic, Aina, Miazga, Cahill, Baba, Colkett, Matic, Traore, Loftus-Cheek, Pato, Remy.

Charlie made his first start for the 21s after injury at St. Mary's on Monday night and was brilliant. Well first half he was anyway. [emoji4]

That line-up would lose to every team in the league and it wouldn't be even close. Don't think he wants to forfeit a game altogether.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

That line-up would lose to every team in the league and it wouldn't be even close. Don't think he wants to forfeit a game altogether.

You're probably right on both counts. The Matic comment about top-four still being possible is either one of those things footballers say when someone sticks a mic in their face and asks silly questions or else it's a clue as to what the camp is thinking. Either way, Guus is clearly very proud of the turn around so, as you say, he might not want to give it away.

Let's go with this:

Courtois (why rest him?) 
Azpi - Cahill - Ivanovic - Baba (Kenedy substitute early would be good for Baba going in to the big PSG game - maybe there won't even be a reason to rest him if Terry is ready)
Mikel - RLC (very defensive, but i want to see Matic - fabregas next week, so let's rest them)
Willian - Oscar - Remy (no hazard - he needs to be fit next week. Willian didn't play a lot this week, give him some of the game, then give Hazard the last 20-30 minutes)
Traore (Rest Costa obviously)

Other lineup suggestions guys? I am really in doubt of what would be a clever lineup. We need to rest, but we need momentum.