Norwich v Chelsea

Jase

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Didn't we take away Tottenham's place in UCL when we won it back in 2012? I would laugh so hard if it happened again.

That is right albeit this time round, the rules have changed. If we won UCL, thr 4th placed team would still qualify for the UCL too meaning there would be 5 teams in UCL, assuming 4th placed team won their qualifying game.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Stats said:

That is right albeit this time round, the rules have changed. If we won UCL, thr 4th placed team would still qualify for the UCL too meaning there would be 5 teams in UCL, assuming 4th placed team won their qualifying game.

But somebody needs to be left out then, doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yeah. Someone must do from some other country or so. Not too sure. I just know that 5 teams from one country are now allowed to be un the UCL at same time like how there were 5 Spanish teams this season. Would like someone to clarify the whole process because like you said it must have repercussions for some team one wya or another.

I'd like to see Matic come in to partner Mikel for this with Cesc as the #10 to make sure we can lock down the midfield. This is what you have to do to these small teams who usually flood the middle of the pitch.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'd like to see Matic come in to partner Mikel for this with Cesc as the #10 to make sure we can lock down the midfield. This is what you have to do to these small teams who usually flood the middle of the pitch.

No way. If we want to win, we shouldn't accommodate ourselves to small teams, they must accommodate to us. I think we are now past being afraid of opposition like Norwich.

Courtois

Azpi - Cahill - Ivanovic - Baba

Fabregas - Mikel

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

Just now, manpe said:

No way. If we want to win, we shouldn't accomodate ourselves to small teams, they must accomodate to us. I think we are now past being afraid of opposition like Norwich.

This is the sort of team that usually throws 5 in midfield to nullify Fabregas. It's not about being afraid it's about giving ourselves the best chance to win. A midfield 2 of Mikel & Cesc can be overrun potentially. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is the sort of team that usually throws 5 in midfield to nullify Fabregas. It's not about being afraid it's about giving ourselves the best chance to win. A midfield 2 of Mikel & Cesc can be overrun potentially. 

Worry not, we have Oscar for balance.

6 hours ago, manpe said:

There is a place reserved for the champions league winners, if the winner also qualified through the league, then the position will go to the top team of the league with highest coefficient that has been left out.

21 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

There is a place reserved for the champions league winners, if the winner also qualified through the league, then the position will go to the top team of the league with highest coefficient that has been left out.

So if City win Champions league and finish top 4 we qualify?

2 minutes ago, JaKstone said:

So if City win Champions league and finish top 4 we qualify?

No, the league that has the highest coefficient among the leagues left out of the champions league, their top team will qualify e.g.- cyprus

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just remembered Steven Naismith is now at Norwich. What are the odds of him scoring against us...again?

Ah, fuck. I forgot about that as well. Nailed on for either him or their keeper to have the game of their lives against Chelsea. Or both. Then they'll proceed to lose their next match 5-0 or something.