Matt Miazga

Jase

• 3 weeks later...

MIAZGA SHINES FOR READING

Matt Miazga has been brilliant sine joining Reading FC in January. He has now played every minute of all four of his team’s games with Reading having conceded just two goals in the 360 minutes the New Jersey native has been on the field. With the 2-1 win over Blackburn on Wednesday, Reading finally moved out of the Championship relegation zone. 

Miazga, 23, lead all players in aerials won with five. He also was the second highest in the game with six clearances. He was also credited with two interceptions, two tackles, and a pass completion rate of 77%. He’s also showing a lot of leadership qualities and heart with his play. 

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/miazga-shines-other-americans-struggle-plus-a-busy-day-in-the-europa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/25/2019 at 2:44 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Why didnt we just sell him, its clear he has no future here. Absolutely none at all. Its not even like he cost 20m so its hardly as if taking a loss of 3.5m or whatever he cost is a issue.

Probably because nobody has shown interest in buying him.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Netherlands. France. England. Belgium. Spain. Quite a Euro journey there.

Really though, are we extending his contract by another year again with this loan or are we gonna lose him for free? His contract expires next year. 

• 2 years later...

40e00d0eaa7b5bc7af38fe41dddd2803.pnga25c5312b9220c7db6da872008db79ec.png91f788db3446bf5f65c328e3acd2c1a1.pngMatt Miazga sidelined for FC Cincinnati preseason after hip surgery |  MLSSoccer.com

Matt Miazga has no regrets about joining Chelsea's loan army

https://prosoccerwire.usatoday.com/2022/08/10/matt-miazga-has-no-regrets-about-joining-chelseas-loan-army/

snip

Miazga, who signed with FC Cincinnati last week, has heard all of it. And he wants to say that even now, after six years at Chelsea and five loan clubs, he isn’t feeling any regret.

“There was a lot of interest for me, and when Chelsea comes calling, when [Jose] Mourinho calls you and you’re able to meet with him in London, you’re not going to say no, really. It’s a dream and it was a proud moment to be wanted by a massive club like that,” Miazga told reporters on Tuesday.

After two appearances in his first half season at Stamford Bridge, Miazga’s journey took him to Vitesse, Nantes, Reading, Anderlecht and finally Alavés.

“Everyone thinks, ‘Oh, you go on loan, it’s not the right development path.’ But realistically, it is,” said Miazga. “I’m taking steps to climb back up the ladder. And that was the development process in all this.”

In Miazga’s telling, whatever he missed in terms of a stable club environment was made up for by experiencing different clubs, cultures, countries, playing styles and teammates all across Europe.

It’s experience that he hopes serves him well as he begins his second stint in MLS, chasing a league title as well as a return to the U.S. national team.

“I’ve been able to live in so many different countries – play football, my passion, in so many different countries,” the defender said. “And meet so many new people, so many lifelong friends that I’ll always have, teammates and people within the clubs that I played at, as well as immersing myself in new cultures, new places to live, and learning.

“When I look back, I wouldn’t change it for the world.”

Edited by Vesper